Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man - Spider-Man (Classic Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer the Spiderman Mark IV over the Classic in action figure form.
+1
Its interesting how little attention this one got, I mean that suits' thread has been dead at 10 pages.

You can still find the MKIV readily available, it looks a bit more impressive than the classic suit.. the colors are bolder, the wrinkles are not as noticeable due to the polished shine, plus it has the cool UV lighting effect.
Only downsides are the base is meh, and not a fan of the spider logo.

Man I'm jealous of anyone who's gotten this figure already. Mine hasn't even shipped yet! :tap

Mine was delivered yesterday. Will take a proper look later. Is it worth risking the clamp on him? I really don't want to damage this gorgeous suit!

Also is it just me or are these dynamic stands really flawed. Because they make the base so light, as soon as you get the pole, scorpion tail and Spidey in place it just wants to topple over. Hard to get the weight distributed right. They need to make the base heavier to counter that weight.

If you preorder with TW with Paypal, are you charged for the full amount? Just checking out the sale on TW, which doesn't include a payment plan.

If you preorder with TW with Paypal, are you charged for the full amount? Just checking out the sale on TW, which doesn't include a payment plan.
Yup…they charge in full when you order. Whether you use PayPal or not , pre order or in stock ..even using a CC, that’s why they keep harping on payment plan

that’s why I always don’t go with them. But they are still a great

and don’t forget DHL shipping which is much better than reg post with them (almost a month or more to ship by HK post)

EMS not that much faster..DHL best quick ship unfortunately has shot up to $100 usd

Last edited:
Trying to upload some pics that I took, hopefully they come out alright. But anyways I’ve had a ton of fun posing this guy lately. The material does bunch up but you can kinda shimmy the suit and get it to look less awkward.

73566AFB-37A8-428B-99AE-CC388EAA8251.jpeg

Attachments

• BBECC299-2F54-4B34-BE6A-ED423036C790.jpeg
    BBECC299-2F54-4B34-BE6A-ED423036C790.jpeg
    204.3 KB · Views: 74
Trying to upload some pics that I took, hopefully they come out alright. But anyways I’ve had a ton of fun posing this guy lately. The material does bunch up but you can kinda shimmy the suit and get it to look less awkward.

View attachment 563318
Looks great..I think the bunchiness is a given but it does give a realistic look to it ..in which a guy moving in a spidey suit would probably bunch up like this

I knew he was going to have that stiff upper torso piece, but I really wish he didn't have that. Especially considering how baggy they made the rest of the suit.

Mine was delivered yesterday. Will take a proper look later. Is it worth risking the clamp on him? I really don't want to damage this gorgeous suit!

Also is it just me or are these dynamic stands really flawed. Because they make the base so light, as soon as you get the pole, scorpion tail and Spidey in place it just wants to topple over. Hard to get the weight distributed right. They need to make the base heavier to counter that weight.

Yeah I think this figure needed a diorama base to mitigate that issue as well. Though for me I'm going to use a regular cradle instead of the clamp.

That suit bunching up at the neck/collar bone is it a thing with this Spidey?

My guess is that it shouldn't be. I didn't notice it on Advanced suit which is almost the same figure ...
Yeah I see that bunching. Went back to MRC vid a few pages back. Suit is good out of the box. Then at the end of the video when he is posed, I see the bunching at the neck. Looks like the lifting of arms and maybe torso movement causes it.

View attachment 563318
Such great poses! Is he in a detolf there? Trying to figure out where the stand is coming from.

The bunching doesn't worry me to much. That happens with a real outfit and I'm confident the suit will heal itself pretty quick each time it's reposed.

Just the clamp that makes me nervous. I want to put my figure in poses like these but I think I'd cry if it did permanent damage to the suit lol.

Back