Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man - Spider-Man (Classic Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At first I thought it was just thin cardboard, but it does appear to have some depth to it along the cornice, window border as well as those electrical boxes. Speaking of those, hopefully HT fixes them prior to release. Having them directly under a window is an obvious building code violation. Easy pass unless that's changed. :slap

:wink1:

View attachment 502410

I must admit I'm not too fond of the backdrop, I would have definitely preferred a solid rooftop base the figure can stand on.

Yep, it's up on Sideshow. I burned my (expiring) points and a promo code, time to sit back and wait.

I'll definitely grab a second one at some point, no rush for the moment.

Yep, it's up on Sideshow. I burned my (expiring) points and a promo code, time to sit back and wait.

I'll definitely grab a second one at some point, no rush for the moment.

Same here.

Not too bad of a price for what youre getting but one hell of a wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here.

Not too bad of a price for what youre getting but one hell of a wait!

2022 is the Year of Grails apparently. Snowspeeder Luke and Classic Spidey.

It's nice to have something to look forward to that generates this much excitement, but that's demanding a lot of patience, especially if there turn out to be delays. :gah:

Bought through SS since I had a $100 gift card and a little reward points on top. Got it down to $150.

Happy to finally have this suit on preorder.

Last edited:
BBTS 275 with NRD. Will wait for reviews like any figure now. Wish it didn't come with unnecessary accessories like a huge wall, but classic Spidey will sell regardless. Makes you wonder, if video game companies make a GREAT game like Spiderman on PS4, it might be the only way to get comic figures from Hot Toys. Avengers didn't do too well that was released in September.

Been anticipating this since the game line started, but 2 years?? What a joke. And $260 is ridiculous. Likely due to that stupid base and Scorpion tale. For me, destined to never leave the box. HT knew this would sell a ton, so they include a stupid Diorama base to jack up the price another $20 - $30... "Those idiots (us stupid collectors :)) will pay it". :lol

Whatever..

I have no desire to PO it. They waited too long after teasing it for me. My excitement has weaned. Plus, nothing sells out anymore. I might not even be alive in 2 years the way the world is going...

I still want it, but who knows what life will be like in 2 years. :dunno

BBTS 275 with NRD. Will wait for reviews like any figure now. Wish it didn't come with unnecessary accessories like a huge wall, but classic Spidey will sell regardless. Makes you wonder, if video game companies make a GREAT game like Spiderman on PS4, it might be the only way to get comic figures from Hot Toys. Avengers didn't do too well that was released in September.

Yeah, they could have easily made this a deluxe version. I would have been happy with a classic Spidey with bare accessories.

I don't have any Spiderman in my collection, this will be the first, the base seems a bit weird to me but I just pre-ordered.

At first I thought it was just thin cardboard, but it does appear to have some depth to it along the cornice, window border as well as those electrical boxes. Speaking of those, hopefully HT fixes them prior to release. Having them directly under a window is an obvious building code violation. Easy pass unless that's changed. :slap

:wink1:

View attachment 502410

Looking at that with the front and back angles. I think it's going to be black foam with it just paper printed on it.

Look at the electrical boxes and the sides of the wall on the interior shot. Just black, not grey like you'd expect if it was anything molded. So will probably feel super cheap in hand.

I think it looks cool enough, but will probably be very light and floaty, and probably annoying to pose with since it'll have no weight to it.

Looking at that with the front and back angles. I think it's going to be black foam with it just paper printed on it.

Look at the electrical boxes and the sides of the wall on the interior shot. Just black, not grey like you'd expect if it was anything molded. So will probably feel super cheap in hand.

I think it looks cool enough, but will probably be very light and floaty, and probably annoying to pose with since it'll have no weight to it.

Oh, I completely agree. And if we want to have him "sitting" on top of it we'll need to cheat by using the dynamic stand & waist grabber to actually support his weight from behind it.

I kind of want to get this...but I already have a couple of spider-men and there is a new multiverse spider-man movie coming out next year....

Back