1/6 Hot Toys Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years-1/6 scale Captain America (Concept Art)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Customs is usually £50 isn't it? So yeah, it does sometimes work out cheaper.

I usually work on the basis of it being 24.5% of the purchase price.

Just realised I’ve been reading your posts in the WC thread on Era ;)

Evans certainly does a lot himself coz he moves so weird that it is way too obvious in takes when it's not him. He has to do all the running himself for that reason. :lol Regarding Seb, I dunno why they didn't let him do more since he certainly practiced the knife fights and the moves look pretty great in all the training videos. :dunno

I just figure it was some last minute legal mumbo-jumbo re insurance. Just from vague memories of reading what gets insured re movies or the actors/actresses themselves. Or like productions costing millions per day and all; can't afford to hold up shooting over an accident and Cleveland had already given streets up for filming$$$$$.:dunno

1a-winter-soldier-rips-off-a-car-door-in-captain-america-2-set.jpg

LOL that awesome jacket *cries*. :banghead:cool::lol

BTW reading posts mentioning custom fees - that really sux:( for those having to pay them for this Cap and other figs. Do customs search Sideshow stuff? I just got some misc small stuff in from China - shoes/fake food/pegs etc. and the box tape had been cut and looked like contents had been rummaged through - nothing missing or damaged tho.

I was surprised at the price for this Cap anyway - but - he is going to look amazing on a shelf. And I won't be cryin' later when the price skyrockets (probably? maybe?). Just based on what Cap figs are going for on the 'bay.:horror

Caps.jpg

I just figure it was some last minute legal mumbo-jumbo re insurance. Just from vague memories of reading what gets insured re movies or the actors/actresses themselves. Or like productions costing millions per day and all; can't afford to hold up shooting over an accident and Cleveland had already given streets up for filming$$$$$.:dunno

View attachment 416587

LOL that awesome jacket *cries*. :banghead:cool::lol

BTW reading posts mentioning custom fees - that really sux:( for those having to pay them for this Cap and other figs. Do customs search Sideshow stuff? I just got some misc small stuff in from China - shoes/fake food/pegs etc. and the box tape had been cut and looked like contents had been rummaged through - nothing missing or damaged tho.

I was surprised at the price for this Cap anyway - but - he is going to look amazing on a shelf. And I won't be cryin' later when the price skyrockets (probably? maybe?). Just based on what Cap figs are going for on the 'bay.:horror

View attachment 416588

They don’t search it. Full price is declared on the packaging and SS use Fedex. If you create an account you’re billed automatically so you don’t pay the admin fee.

The whole process is pretty slick. Fingers crossed we can make a decent trade deal with the US after Brexit and eliminate all fees. Well, I was hopeful but maybe not so much now after recent Trump behaviour!

They don’t search it. Full price is declared on the packaging and SS use Fedex. If you create an account you’re billed automatically so you don’t pay the admin fee.

The whole process is pretty slick. Fingers crossed we can make a decent trade deal with the US after Brexit and eliminate all fees. Well, I was hopeful but maybe not so much now after recent Trumo behaviour!

Glad they don't go rummaging through pricey Sideshow boxes. Bein' a collector - yeah I do feel for the fees folks pay outside the U.S. just to get a fig or statue in - which IMO has always been ridiculous if it's "private goods". E.g. you're not a merchant bringing in tons of stuff for re-sale. Plus when I read about people losing money when they have to return stuff or fill out huge amounts of paperwork (well, we do that here too, if a shipper loses something).

Glad they don't go rummaging through pricey Sideshow boxes. Bein' a collector - yeah I do feel for the fees folks pay outside the U.S. just to get a fig or statue in - which IMO has always been ridiculous if it's "private goods". E.g. you're not a merchant bringing in tons of stuff for re-sale. Plus when I read about people losing money when they have to return stuff or fill out huge amounts of paperwork (well, we do that here too, if a shipper loses something).
They certainly open the package and search it even when it's labeled correctly if they see reason to do so.

They certainly open the package and search it even when it's labeled correctly if they see reason to do so.

Well, at least my new mini crates (which I actually like a lot, could use a few more for my TFA background) and Cap's breakfast got to me OK.:cool:

crates.jpg

And thinking of backgrounds - it would be nice if HT included an art backdrop for this release - even a mini card or something. I don't display boxes - keep them in shippers for protection - but wonder what HT might come up with.:dunno

Well, at least my new mini crates (which I actually like a lot, could use a few more for my TFA background) and Cap's breakfast got to me OK.:cool:

View attachment 416594

And thinking of backgrounds - it would be nice if HT included an art backdrop for this release - even a mini card or something. I don't display boxes - keep them in shippers for protection - but wonder what HT might come up with.:dunno
Haha :lol I got the exact same crates for my TFA display ^^

I do like backdrops but I never use them. I'd prefer some diorama like stands like the piece of wall Daredevil comes with.

I've had NZ Customs go through my stuff before. I don't recall them every opening a Hot Toys or Sideshow box, but most definitely they did when I bought a cheapish Sanwa style arcade stick years ago from Play Asia. Most recently they opened a small package of Lego I bought from an overseas seller to make a stand for the 7500 piece Millennium Falcon. Maybe they thought I had some heroin in my lego bits, lol..

My worst experience incidentally with Customs on a separate note was recently with Iron Man Mark VI. Because he was expensive enough I was to be charged. But somewhere in there, somebody decided I was a commercial seller and the freight company wanted to charge me $50 just to broker the customs fee. (It would have been $120 or so on top of that to release him as well).. I managed to the have the case reassessed and sanity prevailed and they agreed I was just a private buyer of movie collectibles from overseas.

Officially in NZ I think they can collect duty on anything overseas, but unofficially they generally don't bother trying to collect it unless the value of the goods is over a certain threshold. I think because the cost of collecting the duty doesn't make it worth it. My golden rule is if it's die cast Iron Man I'll get charged, if it's a standard figure I won't. After the last fiasco I'll buy any future Iron Man figures from within NZ instead. Even with the extra markup the local retailers charge, it wouldn't be much more expensive in the long run.

And speaking of NZ Customs. Just opened a tracking email to say that Homecoming Spidey has been let through by them... :yess:

Customs for my Armored Battle Damaged Batman was a joke, the delivery driver demanded the £50 from me out right, I didn't have it on me so had to pay online and re-arrange a delivery.

Dumb question but when it's a Toy Fair exclusive, the figure is available right away or there is a delay??
If you go to the show, i think you can get it there. Otherwise i think you get them in the fall? Allegedly they are shorter runs than the regular release, but I'm not so sure.

Dumb question but when it's a Toy Fair exclusive, the figure is available right away or there is a delay??

It depends on the figure and show really. The title is more of a marketing thing these days. Sometimes they let you order it at the show. Sometimes they have a very limited supply at the show. And things work different outside of Asian markets. It’s mostly done online in Europe and the americas. You can’t order online at Secret base or toy sapiens or from Shanghai store. All in person only, so having the option to order these figures at a show is a big plus in those markets.

As for production run sizes...there’s no hard rules but they do seem mostly lower in the toy fair figures. Part of that is to drive interest and part is just having them ready sooner. It’s why most of these are reused parts or costume figures.

It depends on the figure and show really. The title is more of a marketing thing these days. Sometimes they let you order it at the show. Sometimes they have a very limited supply at the show. And things work different outside of Asian markets. It’s mostly done online in Europe and the americas. You can’t order online at Secret base or toy sapiens or from Shanghai store. All in person only, so having the option to order these figures at a show is a big plus in those markets.

As for production run sizes...there’s no hard rules but they do seem mostly lower in the toy fair figures. Part of that is to drive interest and part is just having them ready sooner. It’s why most of these are reused parts or costume figures.

Re the re-use at least that works out for some - like my Roadworn Thor from last year. I like him a lot even if the sculpt had been used before. It's a great sculpt and a great fig. :love

Haha I got the exact same crates for my TFA display ^^

I do like backdrops but I never use them. I'd prefer some diorama like stands like the piece of wall Daredevil comes with.

Haha they are great crates. I was surprised how neatly done they were. For me TFA Cap is easier to think of display ideas than this Cap. Not a HUGE deal 'coz the fig is so striking - my CW Cap is in front of me at the moment - I think I'll just put this Cap with the other CW figs. Glad I have an extra Cap sculpt now.

Absolutely love the black and white look. Reminds me of a pre-colored comic drawing.

blacksteve.jpg

:monkey3:cool::devil

Although, even faking it, a Steve Rogers sculpt on this will look awesome.

Back