1/6 Hot Toys Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years-1/6 scale Captain America (Concept Art)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not accurate - go through frame by frame. Also - there's other forums etc. where the whole thing got dissected and behind the scenes footage. Mostly I remember reading some posts pointing out where it's clear Stan COULD do the knife fight stuff etc. What's unclear is why he wasn't allowed to do certain things re final cuts.
Best I can figure based on comments from actors and directors - not just for TWS - that it's a combination of insurance risks and protecting the actors e.g. the production. It's about money.

Sadly too accidents on set can and do happen. And companies aren't thrilled when productions are held up$$$. Fixes don't always work either like the notorious Superman 'stache.:wacky

View attachment 416437

I know the fight well. It's mostly a stunt double. Even in closeups.

Pre-ordered yesterday. I'll be pretty excited if they release a bunch of these artist concept series.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

id like to PU the head from the the newest version that isn't out yet...i see some people speculating whether or not other HT heads would fit. Do they commonly make it so you cant fit other heads on? I assumed any HT cap head or any HT head for that matter (within reason) would fit.

This looks alright.
Other than the shield emblem, this lacks a certain something that makes him look like Captain America. I'd prefer him to at least have a hint of the Colors in his costume.
Between this and Sideshow's Comic version, I significantly prefer SSC's Captain America.

tenor.gif

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

id like to PU the head from the the newest version that isn't out yet...i see some people speculating whether or not other HT heads would fit. Do they commonly make it so you cant fit other heads on? I assumed any HT cap head or any HT head for that matter (within reason) would fit.

I swap heads around all the time between HT figures. Only issue is if the head and neck are attached or if the neck is part of the body that your using.

For sure!!!!:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:
Please try if u are up for it. For me I could do the finishing work - paint/texture but without that beautiful wasp-shape blade/handle the only other thing folks suggested was a 1/6 Fairbairn-Sykes fighting knife - but it's not RIGHT.:(:gah:

Esp. when the film had that genius, ominous close-up of WS pulling the Gerber and flipping it - I wouldn't even mind the scale to be the TINIEST bit bigger as re my display I really wanna emphasize the knife....e.g. at least for one little display the first frames of arguably one of the best fights in film history...

View attachment 416426

I need more than one tho as bein' my favorite character I'm *awash* in 1/6 Buckys:lol - never was sorry 'coz IMO Bucky and BW are most fun to kitbash - but prices for HTs absurd now.:horror

PM me etc. :pray::)if it works out - if I could sculpt or carve I would've tried that. I wish I had a 3D printer.

Yeah no problem. I’ll give it a go. Won’t take much material to try anyway. Lol

Holy hell.... I got to ask, why do you collect so many heads? That's a collection all in itself. Do you sell them or are they all for possible bashes down the line?

Usually, I pick up any head I think I *might* have an idea for a bash with. When a Figure becomes available, the heads are cheaper than they’d be maybe a year down the line. I’m also guilty of forgetting how many I bought...
this was the collection back then. And it’s Larger now...

B1DB7920-1677-49A3-B52A-FFB28945E81E.jpg

Yeah no problem. I’ll give it a go. Won’t take much material to try anyway. Lol

YEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!:):):clap:hi5:

Thank you!!! - yeah - that's the thing - it's such a SMALL thing but pretty critical:banghead
I know I'm not the first to wonder why HT makes the choices it does tho.:dunno

I know the fight well. It's mostly a stunt double. Even in closeups.

Hafta agree to disagree depending on what frame u are talking about. *Shrug* these actors work their ***** off - Stan certainly did. Far as I can tell, all the MCU actors work hard. I don't expect an actor to do everything stunt people do, but then I probably wouldn't want most stunt people trying to act.:google

Usually, I pick up any head I think I *might* have an idea for a bash with. When a Figure becomes available, the heads are cheaper than they’d be maybe a year down the line. I’m also guilty of forgetting how many I bought...

Heck, I wish I had all that. And parts. Lots of parts. Esp. when HT prices have gotten so crazy, most of the time.

Hafta agree to disagree depending on what frame u are talking about. *Shrug* these actors work their ***** off - Stan certainly did. Far as I can tell, all the MCU actors work hard. I don't expect an actor to do everything stunt people do, but then I probably wouldn't want most stunt people trying to act.:google

For me it makes no odds as to who actually performed the stunt - as long as it looks consistent and awesom in the final edit.

Though I did read that Holland actually did things better than the stunt double so did pretty much all his own stunts. That’s awesome.

Well that's not creepy at all lol

If I ever need a head, I know who to check with.

I done it lads. Lots of thinking about it today, back and forth. Another pricey import to UK but I can’t rusk wanting this bad boy later and having to pay through the nose for it. He’s f’ing great.

So I’ll have my favourite Cap suit style in black to go along with my favourite IM suit in black (VII Stealth). They’re gonna look ace together!

Might do the same. Customs and postage is a pain in the arse, but afraid of missing out

EDIT: Comics and Cocktails has them!

Couldn't risk missing out on T'Chaka and Cap, so ordered them along with DP2 and AO Deathstroke.

IW Thor is out of stock everywhere in the UK, so had to bit the bullet with sideshow and their customs and delivery fees.

Might do the same. Customs and postage is a pain in the arse, but afraid of missing out

Couldn't risk missing out on T'Chaka and Cap, so ordered them along with DP2 and AO Deathstroke.

IW Thor is out of stock everywhere in the UK, so had to bit the bullet with sideshow and their customs and delivery fees.

Either show your credit card information or it didn't happen. :lol

This looks alright.
Other than the shield emblem, this lacks a certain something that makes him look like Captain America. I'd prefer him to at least have a hint of the Colors in his costume.
Between this and Sideshow's Comic version, I significantly prefer SSC's Captain America.

I understand where you are coming from. But when you see what SSC is going to charge for this, only then will you understand. (emporer voice)

For me it makes no odds as to who actually performed the stunt - as long as it looks consistent and awesom in the final edit.

Though I did read that Holland actually did things better than the stunt double so did pretty much all his own stunts. That’s awesome.
Evans certainly does a lot himself coz he moves so weird that it is way too obvious in takes when it's not him. He has to do all the running himself for that reason. :lol Regarding Seb, I dunno why they didn't let him do more since he certainly practiced the knife fights and the moves look pretty great in all the training videos. :dunno

Nice, that’s a lot of orders! I’ll have to look at Comics and Cocktails. I usually use CDUK when I’m not using SS. Sometimes SS actually works out cheaper - even including the customs fee. I have IE Thanos in order and I think it works out evens so I went for it just to get it sooner.

Nice, that’s a lot of orders! I’ll have to look at Comics and Cocktails. I usually use CDUK when I’m not using SS. Sometimes SS actually works out cheaper - even including the customs fee. I have IE Thanos in order and I think it works out evens so I went for it just to get it sooner.

Customs is usually £50 isn't it? So yeah, it does sometimes work out cheaper.

Back