1/6 Hot Toys Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years-1/6 scale Captain America (Concept Art)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on being prepared, that is a lot of sculpts:). I remember seeing some of the bashes you have done being pretty cool! Lots of cash in that photo.

As an aside this is one of the things that really irritate me about the Sideshow crackdown. People enjoy this hobby in many different ways but directly or indirectly Sideshow is making money on on the deal. In your case you are buying loose parts from someplace/someone who is probably using the extra money to buy another figure. But Sideshow probably sees a pic of all those heads and thinks "look at all the money we are losing on that guy buying loose parts and making his own stuff". Just dumb.

They are cracking down on commercial projects making many customs. They wouldn’t be interested in me making customs.

Fine you can blame Disney too. I'm sure if someone contacted Disney they would say they don't know anything about it. It's an old game, blame the other guy. But we have confirmation that Sideshow is the one who took action so they are to blame and deserve the backlash.

That's a pretty simplistic outlook on a more complicated issue. If you want to shoot the messenger, that's your prerogative though.

:dunno

Preordered mine today! :love
I think I'll display him with the unhelmeted head from my CW Cap. He'll look super awesome.

Congrats on being prepared, that is a lot of sculpts:). I remember seeing some of the bashes you have done being pretty cool! Lots of cash in that photo.

As an aside this is one of the things that really irritate me about the Sideshow crackdown. People enjoy this hobby in many different ways but directly or indirectly Sideshow is making money on on the deal. In your case you are buying loose parts from someplace/someone who is probably using the extra money to buy another figure. But Sideshow probably sees a pic of all those heads and thinks "look at all the money we are losing on that guy buying loose parts and making his own stuff". Just dumb.

I believe you are mistaken about what they are actually cracking down on. They don’t care about someone customizing their own stuff, or modding loose licensed product for themselves or a few friends. What the crack down was about is people making commercial for sale unlicensed products and affiliates allowing them free space to advertise. Heck they never cared of it was just a small number of companies making a small number of products. But when figure masters and toy era and ccm and soosoo and half dozen other companies make 20 plus unique figures and sell thousands of individual figures and get their own threads and people post links to their sales pages that’s gonna be an issue given they are unlicensed illegally made products. Sideshow and hot toys don’t care about some person making a few custom figures for themselves.

Yes it's that hard to find. There was a custom 1/6 one once but apparently the guy who made it died. O_O So there's no way to get it now. I have a 3D file for the Gerber but my friend's bf has problems printing the fine details. He already ordered a finer nozzle but I dunno how that's going.

Oh, but I AM *bright green* jealous over the jacket :drool:drool:drool- my fav character, haunting and terrifying scene - IMO Fury car chase so well done - audience thinks "hey, we're out of the woods" like u say the ominous figure through the cracked glass. It's a little thing but to me the fact the Winter Soldier is indifferently standing in the middle of the street - you don't do that. Not in Washington DC unless it's 3 in the morning, maybe. You'd probably just get run over in the middle of the day.

Then the smoke and the sound the door makes as it's wrenched off - yeah, I want that jacket. For me that was the thing about the TWS Bucky - he has 3-4 display looks (for me another reason to have multiples:monkey3) if only HT hadn't done weird stuff like no jacket, no Gerber, and even that thing with the Steve Rogers fig where they didn't have the highway fight clothes.:(:slap Also - HT includes that TWS mine launcher but I don't feel like using it with the wrong costume on the shelf - for me. So it sits in box.

The Gerber really that hard to find in 1/6? I’ll see if I can find a 3d file and print it if it’s really that demanded

Yes it's that hard to find. There was a custom 1/6 one once but apparently the guy who made it died. O_O So there's no way to get it now. I have a 3D file for the Gerber but my friend's bf has problems printing the fine details. He already ordered a finer nozzle but I dunno how that's going.

Totally agree it's d*mn near impossible to find - spent a fair amount of time on it - looking through old posts here and elsewhere - there are customs here and there. That's about it. And IMO not the easiest to replicate thanks to the shape of the handle and double-sided serrated blade AND there are other details like the shape of the guard.

For sure I'd pay for a good 1/6 Gerber Mark II (I'd pick up more than one). And licensors etc. can't whine about it - it's like saying you can't make your own 1/6 butter knife or spoon.

(Mercifully I guess looks like the knife Bucky has in IW is some sort of single-edge (K-bar?) - something easier to find - but HT will probably include it anyway since it's part of the base costume.:banghead)

And speakin' of accessories - I guess I can use the heat shield maybe as some sort of background for B/W Cap. HT at it again - no xtra sculpt for Cap. :google

I think that's going to be the best look for this guy. Shame they didn't include an unhelmeted sculpt but there are plenty floating around.

That's the funny/unfunny part IMO. Well, not that funny...I looked up the book pics and if u really want it to look like the art, u need an unhelmeted sculpt.

If you want I can try printing the file out and see how my printer does.

I usually display all my Caps with the Rogers head.
I have some spare heads just in case they tried this trick(selling a Cap with no Rogers head)

30F458BB-0AF7-4BAA-A200-E5A44F6B8D2C.jpg

Holy hell.... I got to ask, why do you collect so many heads? That's a collection all in itself. Do you sell them or are they all for possible bashes down the line?

Do I really need another cap??.. no ...
Do I like the infinity war cap? No
Did I po this concept art cap??? Yes
Why??? Costume looks sweet and is unique, it will skyrocket in value, finally a cap without the “80s shoulder pad” look. It comes with 2 shields whereas infinity war has none I know T’Challa said to get that man a shield but whoever he spoke too must not have known what a shield was. Also I’m not too impressed with the new bearded sculpt

If you want I can try printing the file out and see how my printer does.
If you wanna give it a go, I bet Sassafras and myself won't be sad about it. ^^ I can send you the files via email, just pm me the address. :) It's a 1:1 model but you can just scale it down to 1:6.

That's what my friends bf got:
Spoiler Spoiler:

I believe you are mistaken about what they are actually cracking down on. They don’t care about someone customizing their own stuff, or modding loose licensed product for themselves or a few friends. What the crack down was about is people making commercial for sale unlicensed products and affiliates allowing them free space to advertise. Heck they never cared of it was just a small number of companies making a small number of products. But when figure masters and toy era and ccm and soosoo and half dozen other companies make 20 plus unique figures and sell thousands of individual figures and get their own threads and people post links to their sales pages that’s gonna be an issue given they are unlicensed illegally made products. Sideshow and hot toys don’t care about some person making a few custom figures for themselves.

It's debatable what is harmless and what isn't. I can understand why they wouldn't want knockoffs being mass produced in a China factory. But some of the small run custom figures made by regular folks just come down to a few collectors getting a character made that otherwise wouldn't or isn't likely to be made. You also have the diorama guys making terrific stuff for sale that definitely won't be made. I have some fantastic Star Wars dios that would be impossible to obtain if not for customizers doing their thing. And I have bought more figures to populate those dios, not less.

Do I really need another cap??.. no ...
Do I like the infinity war cap? No
Did I po this concept art cap??? Yes
Why??? Costume looks sweet and is unique, it will skyrocket in value, finally a cap without the “80s shoulder pad” look. It comes with 2 shields whereas infinity war has none I know T’Challa said to get that man a shield but whoever he spoke too must not have known what a shield was. Also I’m not too impressed with the new bearded sculpt

Sums up my feelings as well. Its the only thing i dont like about infinity war. If the purpose was to go into hiding, I'm not sure the beard and failing to do laundry for a couple of years is how the FBI would do witness protection.

It's debatable what is harmless and what isn't. I can understand why they wouldn't want knockoffs being mass produced in a China factory. But some of the small run custom figures made by regular folks just come down to a few collectors getting a character made that otherwise wouldn't or isn't likely to be made. You also have the diorama guys making terrific stuff for sale that definitely won't be made. I have some fantastic Star Wars dios that would be impossible to obtain if not for customizers doing their thing. And I have bought more figures to populate those dios, not less.

And they have never really cared about that small run stuff. A company like Geewhiz or even rise who make very limited run figures (or even Tony Mei) isn’t something they worry about. It’s the commercial company’s who do this as a business model to make money and make larger runs that’s an issue. Figure masters and toyz era are two great, but far from the only, examples. Look at how much the toyz era kspear devalued the eventual hot toys one. Or the people complaining about hot toys for not making a fassbender or mcavoy figure from X-men because those two companies did..the general X-men thread is full of unlicensed mass produced figures.

If you wanna give it a go, I bet Sassafras and myself won't be sad about it. ^^ I can send you the files via email, just pm me the address. :) It's a 1:1 model but you can just scale it down to 1:6.

That's what my friends bf got:

For sure!!!!:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:
Please try if u are up for it. For me I could do the finishing work - paint/texture but without that beautiful wasp-shape blade/handle the only other thing folks suggested was a 1/6 Fairbairn-Sykes fighting knife - but it's not RIGHT.:(:gah:

Esp. when the film had that genius, ominous close-up of WS pulling the Gerber and flipping it - I wouldn't even mind the scale to be the TINIEST bit bigger as re my display I really wanna emphasize the knife....e.g. at least for one little display the first frames of arguably one of the best fights in film history...

fightsmall.jpg

I need more than one tho as bein' my favorite character I'm *awash* in 1/6 Buckys:lol - never was sorry 'coz IMO Bucky and BW are most fun to kitbash - but prices for HTs absurd now.:horror

PM me etc. :pray::)if it works out - if I could sculpt or carve I would've tried that. I wish I had a 3D printer.

I done it lads. Lots of thinking about it today, back and forth. Another pricey import to UK but I can’t rusk wanting this bad boy later and having to pay through the nose for it. He’s f’ing great.

So I’ll have my favourite Cap suit style in black to go along with my favourite IM suit in black (VII Stealth). They’re gonna look ace together!

Sums up my feelings as well. Its the only thing i dont like about infinity war. If the purpose was to go into hiding, I'm not sure the beard and failing to do laundry for a couple of years is how the FBI would do witness protection.

For me the team Cap "gaps" are the #1 thing I didn't like about Infinity War:( - if I hadn't read the prelude comic wouldn't have much of an idea of what Cap supposedly had been doing with himself. I would have liked to have seen a little scene of Black Widow tracking Cap down - so for me, it's another reason I should've grabbed a second IW Cap $$$ for a possible street clothes bash. I picture a fugitive Cap like:

beardedChris.jpg

E.g. he wasn't running around most of the time in uniform - that only happened when the call came.
Hope there will be some "standard" IW Caps left when I have hopefully more funds. And yeah, far as I can tell, bearded KO Cap sculpts hit the 'net within days of the first pic releases:google. I still wanna stick with HTs for a (possible) Cap 'bash.

Just hoping my reaction to this Cap is like when I was kinda iffy about CW BP - picked him up right before prices started jumping past retail. Didn't think I really, really needed him and like this "art" Cap didn't come with a lot. But ended up really liking the fig especially after adding a head sculpt:monkey3 and now I am REALLY glad I have the CW Panther. Just had a feeling the first in-hand pics of this Cap would've had me kicking myself if I didn't get him.:horror

Sad that Sebastian Stan did almost none of that fight or those moves.

That's not accurate - go through frame by frame. Also - there's other forums etc. where the whole thing got dissected and behind the scenes footage. Mostly I remember reading some posts pointing out where it's clear Stan COULD do the knife fight stuff etc. What's unclear is why he wasn't allowed to do certain things re final cuts.
Best I can figure based on comments from actors and directors - not just for TWS - that it's a combination of insurance risks and protecting the actors e.g. the production. It's about money.

Sadly too accidents on set can and do happen. And companies aren't thrilled when productions are held up$$$. Fixes don't always work either like the notorious Superman 'stache.:wacky

stache.jpg

Back