Hot Toys Making The Matrix?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Hot Toys Matrix DX?

• Neo with lobby scene, real world and/or kung-fu outfits

Votes: 43 63.2%
  • Neo with Reloaded and real world outfits

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Trinity with Matrix and real world outfits

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Morpheus with Matrix, real world and/or kung-fu outfits

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Agent Smith with Matrix and Bane outfits/heads

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • The Twins (nuff said!)

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
I am poster #500 in this thread.:exactly:

I am quoting this so even if you change your post, it will forever be remembered as an epic fail.

I wonder what happens if you delete your post?? Or what happens if anyone before you deletes their post??

I am quoting this so even if you change your post, it will forever be remembered as an epic fail.

I wonder what happens if you delete your post?? Or what happens if anyone before you deletes their post??

I could help brother Marcus out by deleting my post #498, but...

Ah man nothing, I always get fooled into these threads. I should of known better really because let's be honest, I think it's safe to say HT are done with the Matrix.

The only way hot toys will do this is if there is a 6 months spell in which there are zero upcoming movies... And resident evil games.

Ah man nothing, I always get fooled into these threads. I should of known better really because let's be honest, I think it's safe to say HT are done with the Matrix.

I don't know... remember the excitement that was generated when HT released the 10th Anniversary teaser with the spoon? Matrix is a landmark movie in the way the Terminator 1 & 2 movies were. Although HT released a couple of Terminator figures prior to last year, it was really the T2 Arnie that kick-started a solid line-up.

So maybe with The Matrix being as iconic as it is, HT is keeping their powder dry. I wouldn't hold my breath, but I wouldn't bet my house on it never happening either.

Even if it takes another three to five years, I think it'd be really cool if this thread were continually bumped during that whole time, just to keep people frustrated and on edge.

Last edited:
HT should try, and if and when, if not already, they see the hysteria for these characters, I'm sure they'll attempt to snag the license. It won't be a loss for them, that's for sure. They've landed far worse licenses.

Neo lobby scene, Trinity lobby scene, would be grails for me.

And if they expand on that and add maybe the twins....WOW!

That teaser seems like so long ago. I can't believe we have yet to hear or see anything.

This is the one line I have been holding out for ... it never gets old...

Start at the top ! Just give us something.

M1 Neo
M1 Trinity
M1 Morpheus

Even just the three to start. Please @

That teaser seems like so long ago. I can't believe we have yet to hear or see anything.

This is the one line I have been holding out for ... it never gets old...

Start at the top ! Just give us something.

M1 Neo
M1 Trinity
M1 Morpheus

Even just the three to start. Please @

and Agent Smith :lecture

I don't know... remember the excitement that was generated when HT released the 10th Anniversary teaser with the spoon? Matrix is a landmark movie in the way the Terminator 1 & 2 movies were. Although HT released a couple of Terminator figures prior to last year, it was really the T2 Arnie that kick-started a solid line-up.

That spoon teaser was not for the Matrix it was for the anime 20th centenary boys...but hot toys must have been aware of the hype that teaser caused, they should give us Matrix characters already!!

Seriously people, it's not going to happen.

Hot Toys had the license. They were only allowed to make the vehicles. The actor's likenesses aren't a part of the deal. The studio doesn't even have the rights to the likenesses. Throw this in with Blade Runner and Mad Max. The legalities are far too complicated to ever be worth their time.

Hot Toys had the license. They were only allowed to make the vehicles. The actor's likenesses aren't a part of the deal. The studio doesn't even have the rights to the likenesses. Throw this in with Blade Runner and Mad Max. The legalities are far too complicated to ever be worth their time.

:( :monkey2

I disagree. The main obstacle stopping hot toys from making matrix figures is that there are just too many other lucrative licenses out there at the moment.

License agreements is definitely not the problem because the matrix brand has sort of lost it's zest over the years... Warner bros or whoever holds the IP right hasn't got 4 or 5 companies trying to fight for the license. So if hot toys wants to pick up this license, it's just extra dough for wb.

As for the image rights of the actors, i think if HT can get Arnold schwarz's permission, keanu reeves and co is definitely no problem.

So as i was saying, the only way matrix will be made is if we have at least 6 months break free of any predator or marvel movies.

I disagree. The main obstacle stopping hot toys from making matrix figures is that there are just too many other lucrative licenses out there at the moment.

License agreements is definitely not the problem because the matrix brand has sort of lost it's zest over the years... Warner bros or whoever holds the IP right hasn't got 4 or 5 companies trying to fight for the license. So if hot toys wants to pick up this license, it's just extra dough for wb.

As for the image rights of the actors, i think if HT can get Arnold schwarz's permission, keanu reeves and co is definitely no problem.

So as i was saying, the only way matrix will be made is if we have at least 6 months break free of any predator or marvel movies.

Good points. Do you really think they could go on a 1/2 year fast though?

According to who? WB licensed video games, action figures, posters, busts, statues, and anything else they could stamp the cast's faces on - including 1/6 figures. What suggests that they don't have the rights to their likenesses?

That spoon teaser was not for the Matrix it was for the anime 20th centenary boys...but hot toys must have been aware of the hype that teaser caused, they should give us Matrix characters already!!

Yeh, in the time leading up to the actual reveal people were swearing black and blue it'd be The Matrix (even though correlations with the spoon-bending scene seemed a bit of a long bow to draw IMO). And then...KaBLAM! Hot Toys presents... 'Friend'!!!

And well, I think 'meltdown' would be an apt description of the discussion that greeted the discussion that followed :lol

Back