Hot Toys Making The Matrix?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Hot Toys Matrix DX?

• Neo with lobby scene, real world and/or kung-fu outfits

Votes: 43 63.2%
  • Neo with Reloaded and real world outfits

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Trinity with Matrix and real world outfits

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Morpheus with Matrix, real world and/or kung-fu outfits

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Agent Smith with Matrix and Bane outfits/heads

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • The Twins (nuff said!)

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
Yes, please.

sleaze-monica-bellucci-matrix.jpg

I still can't believe there isn't a Matrix line after all these years, I mean it's been 12 years since the first movie was released. Is it just that the 2 sequels turned people off of The Matrix?

The actor's likeness rights are not included with the movie license. That's why HT only did the Sentinel.

Ah, right. Matrix was a WB production wasn't it? They can be a bit picky when it comes to selling out their products.

Still a big hole in my collection missing Neo, Morpheus and Trinity. :( That and decent representations of LOTR fellowship, The Ghostbusters, Blade Runner, Commando Arnie and Kirk, Spock & McCoy from TWOK.
I'd die happy with these releases from either HT, EB or Bltzway!:lecture

The actor's likeness rights are not included with the movie license. That's why HT only did the Sentinel.
that didnt stop mcfarlane and gentle giants from making all the principal characters with their respective likenesses.

I would like to see Matrix figures but only after they round out a couple of lines like finishing the Sucker Punch girls and a couple of more Tron: Legacy characters. They way they go about things now, I'm afraid matrix fans wouldn't be satisfied because they would do something like make Morpheus and then one of the ghost twins and quit without making Neo, Trinity or Agent Smith.

that didnt stop mcfarlane and gentle giants from making all the principal characters with their respective likenesses.

Likeness rights expired after 5 years.

It's not like HT just bought the license and said "Y'know what?? I just don't think a Neo figure would sell, let's just make the Sentinel cuz that is a sure-fire money-maker."

Okay, sorry if I opened the floodgates again.

But allow me to chime in with my two cents' worth: Irrespective of likeness rights, you'd think the persistence of bootleg versions would tell WB there's an untapped market out there and they should explore the possibility again.

nah, Hollyweird just hears the words " bootleg", or "unlicensed" in reference to anything online, immediately equates it to Piracy, and stops listening.

Back