Hot Toys M-Icon Michael Jackson SMOOTH CRIMINAL!!!-Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something must have gone wrong, this is taking ridiculously long. It was said that it was coming...and then...nothing. What the hell.

Probably just waiting for the trial to clear up which it just has, or simply just waiting for the anniversary of his death to cash it in as a 'tribute'.

I am desperate to see more on this figure, but if you stop and think about it, Hot Toys was hitting us pretty fast and hard with the MJ figures at one point.

We had Billie Jean in March 2009.
Then we had Thriller in November 2009.
After that it was Bad in June 2010.
And finally Beat It in December of 2010.

That was 4 MJ figures in under 2 years!
If they did in fact decide to slow things down I can see why. It does them no good to release the figures and try to cash in on repeat buyers so fast. The average buyer has to rebuild their cash flow for a bit. They may also be trying to create a sort of curiosity or hype for this next figure as well. I hardly believe there is anything holding up productions albeit a sculpt or clothing issues. There is absolutely no way they would just abandon a license like this either. I can honestly say they'd probably rather run the MJ license in to the ground before they throw in the towel wondering if they could of made more off of it.

You might be right.
The market did get a little saturated didn't it. Unlike the Iron Man line where people apparently need to buy anything instantly, there were a lot of Thriller, Bad and Beat It figures floating around fairly cheaply for a long while after release.

I think that the sales of Beat it MJ was not as good as they expected, so they postponed the project (I guess it's not a licence issue). I just hope it will happen someday. I really want a Smooth Criminal MJ.

Sounds about right.

MJ may be the biggest music icon in the world, but people who collect these figures are a niche group, and they don't really care.

It's really sad to see this not happening when they spend too much time with unnecessary Iron Man remakes.We can forget about SC in 2012 since they will milk the hell out of the Dark Knight Rises and Avengers license.

Besides the ones that have already been made here are a few more that i would like too see made because they are beside the ones that have been made the most memorable ways that i remember michael, and smooth crimanal will also be awesome as well..

508945_1281006266539_160.jpg

michael_jackson.jpg

508945_1281006271208_full.jpg

il_fullxfull.77913457.jpg

make them hot toys

Last edited:
Wow, another Bad era MJ figure. Can't wait to get it, but another Thriller era figure would be nice (Beat it, Billie Jean, etc).

-Joe
I know i'm late way late on this, but i'm waiting to get the MJ Beat It in this week, i think that's the best looking MJ Hot Toy yet. You're right about Billie Jean needing to be done by Hot Toys, and i mean the ORIGINAL 1983 Video Version, afterall that's what really trully kicked off the THRILLER Phenomenom. I say Hot Toys shoul, add a sidewalk and streetlight piece that lights up just like the video and make it a DX. I think Hot Toys dropped the ball on the Bad DX, and did'nt add nearly enough with it, they can make up for it with this.

Back