Hot Toys M-Icon Michael Jackson SMOOTH CRIMINAL!!!-Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well lets be fair right now what is the hype for Michael Jackson items, not really so its probably better to wait for like a special time, like his birthday or 10/25/50 event of the album release to get the buzz going again. just wait gaulee some of you are so impatient with your rotten instant gratification attitude

someone asked about this in one of their Q&A's a couple months back if i remember right, and they said it would be available for preorder soon. so don't think it's cancelled. just taking longer than expected.

well lets be fair right now what is the hype for Michael Jackson items, not really so its probably better to wait for like a special time, like his birthday or 10/25/50 event of the album release to get the buzz going again. just wait gaulee some of you are so impatient with your rotten instant gratification attitude

I dont think its wrong of us to question and wonder what exactly the hold up is and be at least a little upset. I mean if you think about it, whenever Hot Toys announces something they don't waste too much time getting pics up, and even when they do take a little more time than usual to get pics up, they never take this long. This is unusually long, and they haven't really given us much reason to think the figure is still being made. I mean all we want to know is the status of this thing :dunno

yah but its not going to get strong sales now because there is no demand for Michael Jackson lke if you sold christmas trees during april would they sell? hot toys dont give a damn about you or the rest of the members here, they just care about your wallet so what do they give if your angry with no updates wondering away if it gets released, they will issue this when they see its appropriate time to make the most profit out of it and that certianly is not now.

yah but its not going to get strong sales now because there is no demand for Michael Jackson lke if you sold christmas trees during april would they sell? hot toys dont give a damn about you or the rest of the members here, they just care about your wallet so what do they give if your angry with no updates wondering away if it gets released, they will issue this when they see its appropriate time to make the most profit out of it and that certianly is not now.

Reading this made my head hurt.

So when is demand going to increase for Michael Jackson suddenly ?

That ship has sailed. There is nothing on the horizon that is going to cause a sudden surge in people wanting to buy Michael Jackson collectibles.

You're only theorizing just like the rest of us...

Being that Michael Jackson is now a dead celebrity the right time to release this figure is ALL the time.. Does Elvis merchandise wait only when somebody writes another book about him or do another movie about his life?

With Michael Jackson's Immortal World Tour by Cirque Du Soleil traveling across Canada and the United States as well as performing in Vegas and selling tickets at quite a hefty price I think it's safe to say the name and brand of Michael Jackson is doing just fine. Michael Jackson is not just a fad or a one hit wonder. He is the King of Pop and a Legend. Legends never die and they're never forgotten and his fans are still here waiting for whatever comes next. Which SHOULD be this figure.

Your analogy of selling Christmas trees in april doesn't make sense in this situation. I mean if it did, then what about Blade? Considering your logic, he should not have sold well. There was no Blade movie out, and the property wasn't exactly as hot as it used to be, but it sold very well. I mean the same could be said of the Godfather figure. The point is Michael Jackson is considered to be one of the most popular artists of all time, and his fan base is well established (and its a rather large fan base considering his world wide appeal) and they are the kind of fans who are going to buy collectibles regardless of whether or not he is popular at the moment.

Guys, stop updating this thread if there is no new news :(

629febca-c730-4712-95cf-ca17f3f6cdb8.jpg

Guys, stop updating this thread if there is no new news :(

629febca-c730-4712-95cf-ca17f3f6cdb8.jpg

At one time or another I understood your sentiment and shared your disappointment when someone would promote false hope by bumping this thread. HOWEVER, I now see fit that we need to keep conversing about MJ and our need for this doll. This thread will serve as proof to Hot Toys that there demand is still there and it needs to be met!

At one time or another I understood your sentiment and shared your disappointment when someone would promote false hope by bumping this thread. HOWEVER, I now see fit that we need to keep conversing about MJ and our need for this doll. This thread will serve as proof to Hot Toys that there demand is still there and it needs to be met!

Same here. I used to get upset every time I saw this thread brought up because I really want this figure, but at least it keeps interest and shows people still do really want this figure.

I used to cut myself every time this thread was brought up without news. My arms are covered in scars thanks to you punks.

About 2 years ago sideshow did a poll for a music icon PF and MJ got most votes. We have still not heard anything more about this either

Well the difference is that Sideshow only did a Poll,HT announced that a MJ figure from a specific Music Video was coming.We can pretty much forget about it this year now that HT will milk the hell out of the TDKR,89 Batman plus the avengers in both 1/6 and 1/4 scale,and all these re-issued figures on top of that.

at the risk of getting hunted down and filleted by you anti-bump people (sorry :monkey1) there was some indirect news in hot toys ask magazine vol 9 (the latest volume).

someone asked why they'd released so few figures of musicians. the answer was that there are so many interesting hollywood movies they want to make figures from, apart from the michael jackson line they've already started, they don't currently have plans to do other musician figures.

so there is every hope and indication that the MJ line hasn't been forgotten about OR closed. they're probably just trying to fit it into a lull in the schedule. unfortunately with so many huge comic book movies coming out this year, i wonder if it'll be a while before we see anything.

also found that answer to a question a while ago wondering specifically if the MJ smooth criminal figure was still being released (https://hottoys.jp/magazine/ask/381.html) and the answer was it was still going ahead, please wait for news. so keep faith alive!

on a side note, i just saw moonwalker on blu-ray for the first time last night. amazing sound. smooth criminal has never looked or sounded so damn good.

at the risk of getting hunted down and filleted by you anti-bump people (sorry :monkey1) there was some indirect news in hot toys ask magazine vol 9 (the latest volume).

someone asked why they'd released so few figures of musicians. the answer was that there are so many interesting hollywood movies they want to make figures from, apart from the michael jackson line they've already started, they don't currently have plans to do other musician figures.

so there is every hope and indication that the MJ line hasn't been forgotten about OR closed. they're probably just trying to fit it into a lull in the schedule. unfortunately with so many huge comic book movies coming out this year, i wonder if it'll be a while before we see anything.

also found that answer to a question a while ago wondering specifically if the MJ smooth criminal figure was still being released (https://hottoys.jp/magazine/ask/381.html) and the answer was it was still going ahead, please wait for news. so keep faith alive!

on a side note, i just saw moonwalker on blu-ray for the first time last night. amazing sound. smooth criminal has never looked or sounded so damn good.

I have this,but haven't watched it yet. A few other people that I have talked to ,and have watched it,say that the scene,where they show Jow Pesci's character with the syringe was cut from the Blu-Ray version. Did you notice this?

I have this,but haven't watched it yet. A few other people that I have talked to ,and have watched it,say that the scene,where they show Jow Pesci's character with the syringe was cut from the Blu-Ray version. Did you notice this?

yep, cut. i think someone earlier in the thread mentioned it, so i was expecting it. pretty sure there were a couple other things they changed too.

Back