Hot Toys Lone Ranger 2013 License??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless the movie blows up and does well in International markets I fear HT is going to drop this like a hot potato, ala Green Lantern.

It's an outright bomb here in the States :(

Or we'll just get Tonto. That being said, I think we're safe. HT has made stuff from bombs before. I don't see how it'd be that difficult to make the ranger. Hammer head, mask, hat, a few hands, his pistols, and a newly tailored suit (that's really not that complex). Tonto actually seems like he'd be harder to make.

I think the new Lone ranger costume is boring ( a guy in a 3 piece suit with a hat and a mask , and of course it and to be black to keep in line with the new wave of heroes wearing black costumes ) the Tonto costume is ridiculous, a crow making the head of Tonto a nest? really?, Silver the horse wearing a hat on top of a tree? was Tonto smoking peyote or pot, this movie is going to suck BIG TIME this is another John Carter from Mars, I had high hopes when I read the remaking of the Lone Ranger but after reading the plot and seeing the previews :gah: Deep looks like has a broom stick up is arse all the time, horses riding inside and on top of a train? I could go on and on, this movie its just silly and a waste of money and time. The rating for this movie is no stars an five of this :pfft: oh and forget about Hot Toys making figures from this turkey they are not that stupid.

I was dead on with this movie :lol, but if you still want a new Lone Ranger figure it would be one of the easiest kit bash in history to do, all the items you need to do it are available right now.

I disagree with the first two parts, but I'll eat crow and agree that the flick wasn't that great. I still think HT will make them, though. That being said, the last twenty minutes of the film were awesome, so it wasn't a total waste.:lol

I was dead on with this movie :lol, but if you still want a new Lone Ranger figure it would be one of the easiest kit bash in history to do, all the items you need to do it are available right now.

Well. You get a cookie.

Unless the movie blows up and does well in International markets I fear HT is going to drop this like a hot potato, ala Green Lantern.

It's an outright bomb here in the States :(

Had it come out any other week, I think it would have done well. Coming out the same week as a major kids CGI movie will always hurt you. I'm surprised WWZ is doing as well as it did coming out the same week as MU. If this was the only "BIG" film of the week, it would have done much better, despite negative reviews. Its a decent film. Its exactly what I expected it to be. It was like PotC in the Old West. :dunno You get exactly what the previews advertise.

I don't think HT will drop this like a hot potato though. They did ditch GL not only because it was a bomb, but because they technologically couldn't figure out how to do the figure well. With the film failing, I think they figured it wasn't worth the effort attempting to create the figure then. There isn't anything technologically complicated with Tonto and Lone Ranger unless they make a Horse figure, which frankly, is long overdue. If they make a horse, they could quickly reuse it for a Headless Horseman to go with Depp's Ichabod. Maybe even get greedy and due a Scarecrow on Horse set as well. They'd certainly be able to milk a horse for all its worth. I'm surprised someone hasn't capitalized on a decent horse yet. DiD did some nice ones a while ago, but they were too big for most horses in 1:6. They were like Clydesdale sized horses.

Maybe I'm simple when it comes to being entertained but I enjoyed the movie. I thought Depp did a great job. The Lone Ranger character could have been written better, but it was still fun.

$(KGrHqZ,!o4FHE))5dinBR0QDR602g~~60_57.JPG

That horse looks nice, but is rediculously undersized. The figure is 10 1/2" and the horse is shorter than that. Too bad.

Back