Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it’s a great figure...the color of the suit and extra head sculpt. I sold the BVS one and I regret it so for those who don’t have the previous release it’s good value vice going on eBay and trying to hunt one down on secondary market. Glad they released it...it’s a bit of a cash grab for Hot Toys but it helps out collectors who missed this figure the first time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be buying it for the colours. I just prefer Superman in more vibrant colours. The rest is a disppointment.

Even more odd is taking a year for them to release a repaint.

I'll be buying it for the colours. I just prefer Superman in more vibrant colours. The rest is a disppointment.

Even more odd is taking a year for them to release a repaint.

It must be just putting it in line for production...your right they should be able to turn around pretty fast. I bet this gets released this year...around Christmas

watchin JL and something came in my head. what if Superman Reborn (shirtless) figure will jump out from nowhere? with an accurate sculpt as a some exclusive or limited edition o_O I'd love to have one with Lasso of truth in his hand

watchin JL and something came in my head. what if Superman Reborn (shirtless) figure will jump out from nowhere? with an accurate sculpt as a some exclusive or limited edition o_O I'd love to have one with Lasso of truth in his hand

I'd say the odds of them making that are about 3720 to 1. If we get any shirtless figure it will be the fake CGI shirtless barrel chest Kylo from the last magi. You know the scene where he force fingered Rey with his astral projection hand

Last edited:
So existing superman collectors are pissed and new superman collectors are happy. Hot toys may be evil and lazy but the are smart lol. I knew this crap would happen eventually. Always wanted the heat vision sculpt. Skipped mos, skipped bvs, was ready to skip this JL version.

I'd say the odds of them making that are about 3720 to 1. If we get any shirtless figure it will be the fake CGI shirtless barrel chest Kylo from the last magi. You know the scene where he force fingered Rey with his astral projection hand

ahahhah. actually have they done any human shirtless figure? I don't remember any, Drax and Hulk don't count.

ba52df729ad471dded73fab8fc3d3133.jpg

Hahahhahaha

You must be a new collector, willing to just throw money into the pit... Must be nice being rich to just buy lazy re-hash figures.

He's not wrong that the figure looks amazing. It's an amazing looking Superman figure, just not an amazing looking JL Superman figure, which presumably what it's supposed to be. So on that merit, it does fall short.

If you want a Superman figure because you don't already have one, I say go for it. If you want a JL Superman, easy pass because it's a disappointment.

I'd say the odds of them making that (shirtless Superman reborn figure) are about 3720 to 1.

:lol :exactly:

You must be a new collector, willing to just throw money into the pit... Must be nice being rich to just buy lazy re-hash figures.

Geez, a guy comes into the forum and says he likes a figure and you say this to him ! No wonder this forum gets a bad rep by a lot of people.

I'll also be getting this one because I don't have the BvS figure.

Might even sell the laser eye sculpt to bring the price below $200 and get the brighter vibrant suit.

Body is also upgraded I think.

So it's not money thrown into a pit for a lot of us.

Just pre-ordered mine, I think it looks fantastic and I can't wait to receive it.

As someone that is new to this and without going off-topic too much, why on earth are we waiting a year for it's release? That seems crazy to me.

Almost everything is delayed and misses the original timeframe, usually 6 months or so. At one year they fully covered themselves as this will prolly ship in about 7 months.

Almost everything is delayed and misses the original timeframe, usually 6 months or so. At one year they fully covered themselves as this will prolly ship in about 7 months.

Yep. Almost everything these days has a year lead time. Hot Toys says this, then often brings them out earlier. Result : collectors happy.

If there are issues or other important figures they can stick with their original timing.

Earlier timing is never a given though.

On the whole yes people complain too much but it's certainly justified here. Using the previous movies sculpt is bad but they havn't even fixed the hair on the new sculpt lol.

Would it really bankrupt them to make the hair screen accurate even if they can't be bothered making a new facial expression?

This is a great Cavil Superman figure if you don't own the previous version or care that it's not movie accurate.
The JL Wonder Woman has the same sculpt as the Training Armor version. One has rooted hair and the other sculpted. They could have changed the hair on him at least. Lazy on their part.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It's no doubt an incredible Superman figure. But it's just not Henry Cavill. Only a random good looking guy. So I'll pass.
It has nothing to do with whether someone is new to the board or not. It's what someone expect for the price.

What I like about Cavill the most is that innocent, friendly and sometimes almost melancholic look.

Prime 1 got that expression faithfully:
henry_1.jpg

Hot Toys not at all...
henry_2.jpg

But of course, each to his own :)

Back