Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I like about Cavill the most is that innocent, friendly and sometimes almost melancholic look.

Prime 1 got that expression faithfully:
View attachment 389110

Hot Toys not at all...
View attachment 389111

But of course, each to his own :)
I feel you about the look or feel. It's going to be my first and only supes, plus don't have to many statues 4 right now. Mainly go with sixth scales plus don't want to pay that much for a statue. lol Most expensive piece so far is sideshow venom and hot toys mark 46.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I think the sculpt is showing its age personally. The man of steel sculpt was much better. HT could've knocked this out of the park of they actually tried.

Typical Hot toys shelling garbage for DC fans, while best of the shelf stuff for Marvel and SW.

I'm getting it to go with BvS BD Armored Bats.

MAY sell off everything but LED head and use with BvS Supe to be more accurate but it seems BOTH of these sculpts are more appropriate for a Bvs Battle display.

I think the sculpt is showing its age personally. The man of steel sculpt was much better. HT could've knocked this out of the park of they actually tried.

I think the MoS sculpt would look more JL-esque on this figure than the BvS sculpt.

Typical Hot toys shelling garbage for DC fans, while best of the shelf stuff for Marvel and SW.

Actually as a whole, I think HT has done better with the DCEU figures than the other two franchises you mentioned. All of the sculpts on the DCEU figures thus far I feel have been quite strong (the weakest is BvS WW which is still in itself not a bad sculpt) and the bodies they use on them seem to be pretty solid. My DCEU figures look more striking on the shelf than most of my MCU figures. There's only been a select few figures with SW where HT has nailed the likeness.

This figure isn't a bad Superman figure, it's just a bad JL Superman figure because HT got lazy and merely recycled the BvS sculpt as opposed to putting in the effort and making a sculpt that correctly conforms to his look in JL.

People who are in this hobby for some time don't like spend money on cheap and rushed figures. You will get to that point too, eventually.

On the whole yes people complain too much but it's certainly justified here. Using the previous movies sculpt is bad but they havn't even fixed the hair on the new sculpt lol.

Would it really bankrupt them to make the hair screen accurate even if they can't be bothered making a new facial expression?

This is a great Cavil Superman figure if you don't own the previous version or care that it's not movie accurate.

Not really its a lazy reuse of the bvs head that wasnt very good likeness to begin with. Its not like reusing the civil war black widow head which is steller. The complaints are justified, they only included the heatvision head to entice people to buy this lazy repaint of the same figure. You probably dont own the bvs version in which case this is a no brainer ypu get essentially the same figure as bvs plus the heat vission sculpt for like 30-40 bucks more. For those that own the bvs figure its a complete let down and rip off.

Im not buying it, im buying the prime 1 version instead, it cost alot more but in the long run im saving money cause i wont be buying any new cavill hot toys versions nor any other cavill statues. One and done. Not settling on anymore subpar sculpts with microscopic/marginal improvments with each new release

You must be a new collector, willing to just throw money into the pit... Must be nice being rich to just buy lazy re-hash figures.

I missed out on other superman figures, so I've been waiting on this one for a while. If you missed out on others, then this should be a solid figure. If you own the others, understandable to pass on this.

Has nice suit, and a new headsculpt. Not sure how many 'perfect' figures there are. You can nit pick at everything to death.... but I also think the sculpt looks very nice. I understand maybe not the JL vibe, but overall I really do think this is a great looking superman figure and can't wait to get it in!

Only complaint I have is I don't want to wait a year for the figure to ship lol

Geez, a guy comes into the forum and says he likes a figure and you say this to him ! No wonder this forum gets a bad rep by a lot of people.

I'll also be getting this one because I don't have the BvS figure.

Might even sell the laser eye sculpt to bring the price below $200 and get the brighter vibrant suit.

Body is also upgraded I think.

So it's not money thrown into a pit for a lot of us.

Touché! I am in the same boat and don’t own a Superman figure yet. I am pretty excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I missed out on other superman figures, so I've been waiting on this one for a while. If you missed out on others, then this should be a solid figure. If you own the others, understandable to pass on this.

Has nice suit, and a new headsculpt. Not sure how many 'perfect' figures there are. You can nit pick at everything to death.... but I also think the sculpt looks very nice. I understand maybe not the JL vibe, but overall I really do think this is a great looking superman figure and can't wait to get it in!

Only complaint I have is I don't want to wait a year for the figure to ship lol

I agree, as this will be my first Superman figure. I have to admit, the evil laser eyes are what sold me. Would not have considered buying it without that

Yep. This was the figure I was looking forward to most from the line, and now i'm glad I didn't PO Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

I think they’ll at least change the hair on the sculpt, if not the whole thing before it’s released next year.

I think they’ll at least change the hair on the sculpt, if not the whole thing before it’s released next year.

Kind of weird that they wouldn't advertise for it of that we're the case. It just says "newly painted head."

I'd say the odds of them making that are about 3720 to 1. If we get any shirtless figure it will be the fake CGI shirtless barrel chest Kylo from the last magi. You know the scene where he force fingered Rey with his astral projection hand

50cent-odds-579697bb7850d.gif

I really don't see them changing it now they've committed to it just being a repaint.

Back