Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say there's a fair chance they will adjust the hair. It doesn't happen often but they have gone back and revised figures before. Gladiator Hulk and BvS Batman are the first two that come to mind.

The specs on GH from the start stated it’s a newly developed sculpt though, while BvS Batman was the first Batfleck figure.

I hope they end up fabricating a new sculpt for this, but all signs at this point, point to no. Repainted BvS sculpt is what this will boast.

Definitely waiting to get this one closer to release. Not like it's gonna sell out or anything. Plus I need to give hot toys a chance to surprise us all with the fixed hair lol.... Not gonna happen bt still a buy for me

I agree with some collectors who feel kind of cheated with this announcement. When I saw this figure I thought to myself "this angry light up head looks like it belongs to a BVS figure" followed by "please not the same sculpt".

Superman is my favorite comic book character. I own the other 2 releases of Cavil's Superman but l can't pull the trigger on this figure. Like another member stated, movie accuracy is important to me. This figure doesn't scream JL to me. I was saving my reward points to get this figure at no cost but at this point I'll save it for something else.

Congrats to those who will pick him up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Look..Some sells for$50 Some sells for $150. We all know that.
The demand for this angry LED head will be high for all BvS and MoS Sup owners, so I'm guessing it's gonna be on higher side.
No need to argue about some head is selling for less

No ones arguing. Saying this head is going to sell for anything more than $150
Is a joke.

I really like this figure, ordered it even though I already have the BvS version... I agree with you guys, I wish it was a new sculpt but meh, it's not a deal breaker for me.

I’ll do it if you do it first, lol....I’m so tempted to and don’t have a Supes yet.

If you don't have a Supes it's no brainer, you need to get this. :lol
I love the BvS figure, one of the best I own. This has everything that has but more striking colours and a second heat vision sculpt. I can't imagine you'd ever regret picking it up.

My disappoint was from the POV of someone who already owns a BvS Superman. I'll be selling that figure and buying this one but still bummed HT couldn't be bothered to change the hair and make it movie accurate. Batman gets all his new stuff, a cool deluxe stand and Superman is an afterthought for them.

I agree with some collectors who feel kind of cheated with this announcement. When I saw this figure I thought to myself "this angry light up head looks like it belongs to a BVS figure" followed by "please not the same sculpt".

Superman is my favorite comic book character. I own the other 2 releases of Cavil's Superman but l can't pull the trigger on this figure. Like another member stated, movie accuracy is important to me. This figure doesn't scream JL to me. I was saving my reward points to get this figure at no cost but at this point I'll save it for something else.

Congrats to those who will pick him up.

My precise sentiments as well.

Superman is my favorite comic character as well, and I have the other two iterations of Cavill Superman. I was planning to get this to complete a true JL display of all the characters from the actual film, but for me, pulling the trigger on this would be extremely imprudent when I basically already have this figure on the shelf in my BvS display. This is the first HT Superman figure I’ll be skipping.

I do probably like this suit the best for the slightly brighter colors, but I like BvS better as a film and I’d rather have a BvS color accurate Superman to go with my BvS display. The heat vision sculpt is also irrelevant to me as I’d never use it anyway and as you stated, even that is more BvS accurate than JL.

As a result of this figure falling short of looking like JL Superman, as I’ve stated before, I’ll simply be merging the other missing JL characters with my BvS Trinity to unite the League and using JL WW as a solo WW film representation to go with TA WW.

Last edited:
It's tough to have an unified JL display. My figures are/will be from different movies: BVS Supes and Bats, JL Wonder Woman. I didn't PO Flash and Aquaman because I didn't like the costumes so I'll wait versions from their solo movies.

I wonder if the evil (I mean "angry") head is held to the neck only by magnets so it'll be easier to access the hidden light switch. Or maybe the bulb is in the neck and the light is translated upwards to the head, which means the switch is on the neck -- just like the DX02 Batman Sonar head. That one had the switch on the nape so no need to pull off the neck from the torso to turn on the switch. Supes will look bad if the switch is visible at the back.

It's tough to have an unified JL display. My figures are/will be from different movies: BVS Supes and Bats, JL Wonder Woman. I didn't PO Flash and Aquaman because I didn't like the costumes so I'll wait versions from their solo movies.
I will have my BvS set to go with my PO-ed flash and Aquaman.
I guess I am planning to have 1 iteration of each character..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

True. Guess how long the wait will be if this is scheduled for a 2019 release.

If those even get made. I'm not counting out the possibility that this might be the FINAL Cavill Superman figure. It's not likely, but it's not impossible the way things are going. So this is a must buy for me.

If those even get made. I'm not counting out the possibility that this might be the FINAL Cavill Superman figure. It's not likely, but it's not impossible the way things are going. So this is a must buy for me.

I don't think this one will be. Cavill is signed on for four films, so I think he'll at least do the next one. Whether he decides to continue on after that in the DCEU ****fest would probably be up in the air.

I don't think it will be the last Cavill Superman we get but it will be the last for a few years most likely....unless they do him in 1/4 scale at some point.

Back