Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took them 3 films to figure out who Superman is. Looks good. I hope Justice League is not a train wreck...

Sorry if you wanted him to be the perfect boring hero right out of the gate. His actual arc across these three films has been beautiful and with literally giving his life for humanity, he is going to come back with a new birthed sense of hope in life and courage leading this new "age of heroes" to new heights. They got him right from the jump with him learning his who he was in mos and learning to navigate the worth of the world around him as a hero in bvs. Try again.

It's amazing how a simple change like making his suit a lighter shade of blue makes the character look better overall.

Should have been this way from the start.

Sorry if you wanted him to be the perfect boring hero right out of the gate. His actual arc across these three films has been beautiful and with literally giving his life for humanity, he is going to come back with a new birthed sense of hope in life and courage leading this new "age of heroes" to new heights. They got him right from the jump with him learning his who he was in mos and learning to navigate the worth of the world around him as a hero in bvs. Try again.

I was talking about his costume, dude.

You try. Try to relax.

Indeed. That would be called a character arc and a story.

Ok, I'll rephrase for the sensitive souls : took them 3 films to figure out how he looks.

Blue, red, yellow. Simple.

Find another target, guys. I never said I disliked the movies. I said I hope the next one is not a train wreck. I didn't say "another" train wreck. I'm not one of the haters of either MoS or BvS.

The suit he's wearing on set might be identical or almost identical to the BvS suit, certainly looks that way in the brief glimpse of him on that behind the scenes video. The colour can presumably be made brighter in post production. I'm glad it's lighter anyway.

Ok, I'll rephrase for the sensitive souls : took them 3 films to figure out how he looks.

Blue, red, yellow. Simple.

Find another target, guys. I never said I disliked the movies. I said I hope the next one is not a train wreck. I didn't say "another" train wreck. I'm not one of the haters of either MoS or BvS.

It's not being sensitive nor targeting you, you just seemed confused? You didn't mention that you were referring to the suits.

Even then, the hue of the suits I believe are intended to be symbolic. With him presumably now being in full swing as Superman when he returns in full form, the brighter suit I feel is probably intended to reflect that. MoS and especially BvS had darker tones, and the color of the suit reflected that with the BvS suit being even slightly darker than the MoS suit in my opinion.

As mentioned though, it's entirely possible he may not even be "Superman" in this film though. There may be a curve ball thrown in, which I wouldn't put past Snyder to do.

Seeing as I have all the Bats from BvS and WW from BvS, I always wanted to get Superman. Looks like I'll be getting this version when it releases and be happy with it.

More I see of this superman the more I want it. Have mos and bvs versions but I like the bright colors. Also can't wait to see the new head sculpt.

This is definitely the exact same body as BvS Superman, just painted a lighter blue, of course it's a concept placeholder showing the colour they will have. I prefer the darker one myself, really excited to see the new face sculpt, however.

I agree with this being exactly the same suit as BuS. Markings are all in the same spots. Just the colouring is different.

I myself love the lighter blue. More of a homage to the original Superman costumes which were decidedly a lighter blue.

With that in mind, this is the definitive Superman for me. Modern but yet with enough links to past costumes.

Also agree with 2 headsculpts. That would rock ! But not necessarily a deal breaker.

Instant buy for me !!

I agree with this being exactly the same suit as BuS. Markings are all in the same spots. Just the colouring is different.

I myself love the lighter blue. More of a homage to the original Superman costumes which were decidedly a lighter blue.

With that in mind, this is the definitive Superman for me. Modern but yet with enough links to past costumes.

Also agree with 2 headsculpts. That would rock ! But not necessarily a deal breaker.

Instant buy for me !!

:goodpost: I feel the same. Modern suit but classic Superman colours. The suit and body maybe improved beyond a simple repaint by the time of release, this was probably quite rushed. I'll be getting it regardless but I do feel it should have two sculpts. Look how many options we get for Batman. With no accessories to speak of, if Supes has just one sculpt it should be reflected in the price for a bare bones figure.

Instant buy for me !!

Yep. Same exact suit design as the BvS, just lighter.

Which I really do think is intentional, as I think the hue of his suits in each film were chosen for a reason.

actually every suit is same blue in my opinion just filters are different in each film.
JL
14562053_200189853739061_3821594670857715712_n.jpg

Maybe it's just because I've gotten so used to the darker blue, but right now that brighter blue is looking a little too... cartoony to me. And it kinda reminds of that weird Adam West Batman with the bright blue cape that HT made for some reason. But I'm sure once I see it on screen I'll end up liking it more.

And this brighter suit definitely makes it clear that WB is aiming for a brighter and more optimistic MOS sequel, and interpretation of the character. Which I guess is fine, even though the tone of the first movie was already perfect in my opinion.

I'm actually with you. I think I'm liking the darker blue of the BvS suit better.

actually every suit is same blue in my opinion just filters are different in each film.
JL
View attachment 354514

Yeah, it actually does look like it would be similar in hue to the BvS suit:

b8b8ed16e441f001ef529c2f3fa05779.jpg

Could just be the filters used, as you said. Either way, I still think it's meant to symbolize a change in tone.

Definitely intentional which isn't a bad thing as far as superman is concerned. Being I have both Cavill superman hot toys and both have an intense almost angry look I wouldn't mind this one to have a happier face sculpt or a heat vision sculpt. As long as it has a new sculpt I'll buy it for sure, which is to say yes I'm going to buy it.

I'm actually with you. I think I'm liking the darker blue of the BvS suit better.

Yeah, it actually does look like it would be similar in hue to the BvS suit:

b8b8ed16e441f001ef529c2f3fa05779.jpg

Could just be the filters used, as you said. Either way, I still think it's meant to symbolize a change in tone.

Geez Cavill is huge in that pic !!

Only thing still bothering me is the dang black outline they keep using around the insides of the crest on his chest. I mean why? It's so easy to make that film accurate and do it right. That black kills the whole focus of the objectives really suit IMHO, but yes a very small nitpick

Back