Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the color. Really hoping the sculpt is just a placeholder, though, and they give him something a bit lighter, like in that first promo pic, in terms of expression.

I think the sculpt is a placeholder.
The big difference is the hair on JL is combed to the opposite side.

This little detail still scares me that this wont be Kal.
Since Bizarro is the opposite of Kal, and Snyder doesnt pull punches when it comes to doing things that are unorthodox to the characters, I'm thinking this may be Bizarro.
And maybe towards the end of the movie or maybe on the next Superman movie...this superman will start to disintegrate to look like Bizarro and we finally see later on the true Kal with the long hair and black suit.

Umi0Ugt.jpg

I think the sculpt is a placeholder.
The big difference is the hair on JL is combed to the opposite side.

This little detail still scares me that this wont be Kal.
Since Bizarro is the opposite of Kal, and Snyder doesnt pull punches when it comes to doing things that are unorthodox to the characters, I'm thinking this may be Bizarro.
And maybe towards the end of the movie or maybe on the next Superman movie...this superman will start to disintegrate to look like Bizarro and we finally see later on the true Kal with the long hair and black suit.

Umi0Ugt.jpg

As maligned as the film is, I don't think anything will top a "Superman reborn" moment where the true Superman/Kal reveals himself after defeating his corrupt counterpart in Superman III. It will be hard to top, at least.

Interesting theory though regarding Bizarro. Never thought of the opposite hair parting to be perhaps something to consider in that respect. It could also explain why you haven't seen any footage of Superman in the JL trailers thus far, because the "Superman" in this film is Bizarro.

Would certainly make for an interesting plot twist as opposed to him dying and then just immediately coming back in full form in the subsequent film.

Interesting theory though regarding Bizarro. Never thought of the opposite hair parting to be perhaps something to consider in that respect. It could also explain why you haven't seen any footage of Superman in the JL trailers thus far, because the "Superman" in this film is Bizarro.

Would certainly make for an interesting plot twist as opposed to him dying and then just immediately coming back in full form in the subsequent film.

Exactly. I think it makes for a great standalone Superman movie to tackle Superman Reborn.

Exactly. I think it makes for a great standalone Superman movie to tackle Superman Reborn.

I'm actually really starting to buy your theory. I find it hard to believe that Snyder would make it that easy and simple where Superman dies and easily comes back to full form in the very next film, without throwing a curve ball in there.

It'd sort of be like their own version of "Search For Spock" in the sense where it takes Supes a couple of films to come back to full form and is a journey/story in and of itself.

Weren't there some rumors (not from official sources at all so not to be taken seriously) a few months back that MoS 2 was going to be called "Birthright" or "Rebirth" or something along those lines? If so, your speculation would make sense and the rumored title would also make sense.

I'm actually really starting to buy your theory. I find it hard to believe that Snyder would make it that easy and simple where Superman dies and easily comes back to full form in the very next film, without throwing a curve ball in there.

It'd sort of be like their own version of "Search For Spock" in the sense where it takes Supes a couple of films to come back to full form and is a journey/story in and of itself.

Weren't there some rumors (not from official sources at all so not to be taken seriously) a few months back that MoS 2 was going to be called "Birthright" or "Rebirth" or something along those lines? If so, your speculation would make sense and the rumored title would also make sense.

Wait, so the Superman in JL might not be Superman at all?

Wait, so the Superman in JL might not be Superman at all?

Correct.

And Remy's theory would also make sense why they possibly opted to go for the death of Superman angle early in the franchise, so that way it gives them room to also do the "Superman Reborn" story angle in the universe, which could potentially take a few films. As opposed to killing him in the latter part of the franchise when it's winding down.

Correct.

And Remy's theory would also make sense why they possibly opted to go for the death of Superman angle early in the franchise, so that way it gives them room to also do the "Superman Reborn" story angle in the universe, which could potentially take a few films. As opposed to killing him in the latter part of the franchise when it's winding down.

:) intriguing, just reading back in the thread over Remy's post. If it's not really Superman though why would they give him this brighter costume symbolic of the shift in tone.

:) intriguing, just reading back in the thread over Remy's post. If it's not really Superman though why would they give him this brighter costume symbolic of the shift in tone.

Good question.

His theory does make sense though and the innuendos are pretty strong. The parting of his hair the other way, why he hasn't shown up in any JL trailer thus far (because the "Superman" in this film isn't actually Superman) and why they opted to do the death of Superman in the beginning stages of the franchise.

Like I said, with them opting to do that, I find it hard to believe Snyder would just make him die and immediately come back to full form the very next film without any curve balls or surprises.

Good question.

His theory does make sense though and the innuendos are pretty strong. The parting of his hair the other way, why he hasn't shown up in any JL trailer thus far (because the "Superman" in this film isn't actually Superman) and why they opted to do the death of Superman in the beginning stages of the franchise.

Like I said, with them opting to do that, I find it hard to believe Snyder would just make him die and immediately come back to full form the very next film without any curve balls or surprises.

True. The stuff about his hair parting is interesting, I'd never thought of it before. You guy's should be detectives. :lol
Either way Justice League can't come soon enough and an official announcement for a new Superman solo movie would be most welcome.

Back