Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that 1:1 scale head is so realistic and creepy , I don't own such an items and imagining it seeing at home at midnight freaks me out lol. It would be so nice to have it as 1:6

**16k**
true dat,but... at least give him a peaceful expression.

To me the BvS head sculpt isn't what I would consider frowny or dour, but rather like he's got a sort of gravitas as a super powered being. Like he's someone with enormous power, a sense of serious inner and outer responsibility, and humility. In the real world we would psychologically need for such a figure to take his role very seriously, imo. I think BvS tried to convey what such an existence would be like for a being like this, who is an extraterrestrial that has assimilated and identified with his adoptive species. I loved that approach to the character and I'd rather see that than a smiling head sculpt, for example. No right or wrong to this, just my personal preference!

To me the BvS head sculpt isn't what I would consider frowny or dour, but rather like he's got a sort of gravitas as a super powered being. Like he's someone with enormous power, a sense of serious inner and outer responsibility, and humility. In the real world we would psychologically need for such a figure to take his role very seriously, imo. I think BvS tried to convey what such an existence would be like for a being like this, who is an extraterrestrial that has assimilated and identified with his adoptive species. I loved that approach to the character and I'd rather see that than a smiling head sculpt, for example. No right or wrong to this, just my personal preference!

This is exactly why I love MoS and BvS extended cut. Yes it might be dark, but the characters are deeper. The feeling after Superman goes into the court house and the bomb explodes is so multi layered. But I guess the general movie going public just want spectacle and awe, fight scene at the end against the bad guy and good guys win.

This is exactly why I love MoS and BvS extended cut. Yes it might be dark, but the characters are deeper. The feeling after Superman goes into the court house and the bomb explodes is so multi layered. But I guess the general movie going public just want spectacle and awe, fight scene at the end against the bad guy and good guys win.

Isn't that what we get in MoS and BvS, fight scene at the end good guys win?

The final fight scene in MoS was incredibly tedious. Mindless destruction went on too long, too much CGI, typical of modern films.

Similar story in BvS. Doomsday appears almost as an afterthought to give the heroes, who were trying to kill each other five minutes earlier, something to punch.

The final CGI heavy fight was the weakest part of WW to.

I mean peaceful expression for JL figure not for BvS, I think BvS expression is good even though he doesn't look 100% cavill to me . Personally I prefer MOS likeness ,so I would take something similar for JL figure than a BvS clone which makes no sense.

Isn't that what we get in MoS and BvS, fight scene at the end good guys win?

The final fight scene in MoS was incredibly tedious. Mindless destruction went on too long, too much CGI, typical of modern films.

Similar story in BvS. Doomsday appears almost as an afterthought to give the heroes, who were trying to kill each other five minutes earlier, something to punch.

The final CGI heavy fight was the weakest part of WW to.

I enjoyed the heck out of it because it was the first time we got to see these particular superheroes' superpowers on full display in a live action film. We certainly didn't see it from Superman in the Christopher Reeve era films. Similarly, Batman in the Batmobile chase scene and warehouse scene gave us Batman's powers on display like we had never seen them before.

So here is a finished statue by Infinity Studio which makes me just sad bc I live in the middle of nowhere and not affordable for my wallet. someone on fb said estimated price is 5-7K $$$$$ .hot toys could easily sculpt same kind of sculpt if they wanted in 1:6 scale. they are just lazy.
60491747-879013072446074-3629785487018678488-n.jpg

.hot toys could easily sculpt same kind of sculpt if they wanted in 1:6 scale. they are just lazy.
View attachment 456157

Is that just provocation or frustration towards Hot Toys ? I think they would if they could.

I'd say it's more difficult at 1/6 Scale ?? Maybe this guy is a better sculptor ??

I don't think HT doesn't try or are lazy. Have you ever worked with Koreans ?

In any case I too wish the likenesses were like this one for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they just don't care about it much. Even eye color is wrong on hot toys. Of course scale difference helps but... still. I've seen way better custom cavill sculpts , with a better likeness.

Reusing a previous sculpt that is inaccurate proves exactly that, Hot Toys doesn't try or care when it comes to DC.

I'm not a HT fanboy, but have to add here that they are doing a brand new "additional" headsculpt with lightup eyes. How may figures have that ? And they are throwing in the old one as well, which in my opinion is pretty good.

Perhaps eye colour or even hair may be changed between proto pics and production. Maybe that combined with priority is why there is a delay ??

Yes they should be on time, yes they probably could do better, but "does not try" or "does not care" is a bit excessive IMO.

superman_dc-comics_gallery_5c4d04480ffe8.jpg

I feel that light up sculpt was originally intended for the BvS release, they just didn’t finish working out production issues before time was up to get that figure up for pre-order. Also this angry expression is not really a Justice League look. However I do feel there’s a good chance the hair at least gets updated before this comes out. There’s certainly been enough time to re-work the sculpt.

I feel that light up sculpt was originally intended for the BvS release, they just didn’t finish working out production issues before time was up to get that figure up for pre-order. Also this angry expression is not really a Justice League look. However I do feel there’s a good chance the hair at least gets updated before this comes out. There’s certainly been enough time to re-work the sculpt.

Time? Yes! Do they care? No!

Yeah...I think this is a case where Hot Toys just doesn't care. Justice League bombed and they've basically slowed their roll on these figures. I'm sure it doesn't help that some customers are cancelling orders and such.

It's one thing with the old "Fatman" proto pics of BvS Bats because he looked ripped in the movie with a fantastic Batman design (best Batman movie design THUS FAR in my opinion) and the fan uproar over Hot Toys prototype was enough for them to make changes. And it was dramatically BAD too...that prototype was embarrassing to even SHOW...especially for a company known for its quality detail work like Hot Toys.

I think they'll overlook a slight hair comb in this case... I HOPE they fix it for those fans who have stuck with it. I really do...

I cancelled my JL Supes and sold my BVS ones. I'm done with Cavill Superman. I hope things change and he dons the cape for the long run because I think he's a great Superman, but I think I'll stick only to Batman for my DCEU stuff.

I won't be surprised at custom head sculpts for JL Superman that part the hair on the left becoming available from artists. (They might cost a pretty penny, though.) But in all honesty, hopefully they will style it better than was done in the movie. Because it is really not an improvement from BvS imo. I've said it before and will keep saying it: Henry's hair looks lumpy in the JL film. The styling is actually downright bad.

I wonder if some folks are associating their own mind the changed hair part in JL with the true things that are more appealing to them: 1) that Henry smiles a bit more, and 2) he wears a brighter, warmer colored suit in JL. And similarly that they associate the hair part in BvS with a more dour, furrowed brow, angsty Superman. Which I can understand (although myself, personally, I do not hold a negative view of Superman's emotions in BvS.) But the hair in JL just doesn't not flatter him, I'm sorry.

What I like about the HT BvS and JL Superman head sculpt is that the hair lays in a flattering way but it still looks natural overall, i.e., it does not look slicked back (gelled) like it was in the BvS film. Again, the hair for the Hot Toys BvS head sculpt actually looks great!

Half a year ago now, I went ahead and purchased the BvS knock-off head sculpt on eBay just in case I don't care for the actual release of the JL one--and it looks fantastic! I love it. That is the definitive Henry Cavill Superman for me.

The hair in the reshoot shots looks bad, but in the original Snyder scenes it looks much more natural. It's not as tidy as the slicked back BvS hair, but I prefer it. Henry Cavill tends to part his own hair that way, so I'm not sure why Snyder went the other direction in MOS ans BvS.

The hair in the reshoot shots looks bad, but in the original Snyder scenes it looks much more natural. It's not as tidy as the slicked back BvS hair, but I prefer it. Henry Cavill tends to part his own hair that way, so I'm not sure why Snyder went the other direction in MOS ans BvS.

That's true. In the cornfield with Lois, and in the scout ship when he passes by the black suit for example. It looks fine there.

Although in the scene where he meets Alfred (attributed to Snyder) it's styled in that sort of lumpier way than I'm on about.

Never dug Supes' hair in these films. Ironically, Cavill's natural hair looks way more Supermanish.

Henry-Cavill.jpg

Never dug Supes' hair in these films. Ironically, Cavill's natural hair looks way more Supermanish.

Henry-Cavill.jpg

That particular style may be an intentional nod and wink to traditional Superman, methinks. I.e., complete with S curl.

I think this is the problem. In my mind's eye for JL I'm just seeing him from the reshoots.

lwRsaFu.jpg

Attachments

• superman-moustache-justice-league-600x321.jpg
    superman-moustache-justice-league-600x321.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 139
Back