Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lately, they've been doing ok. We got Aquaman early this month and Flash is already shipping. Hopefully Batman and Superman aren't too far behind.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Right, but what I was wondering is if HT will release that particular figure because they'd like to see a certain number of preorders. Sideshow is their distributor in the U.S. Surely HT knows how many figures are on preorder not just from Sideshow in the U.S. but also their main distributors in other countries as well.

Just a speculation, though. I honestly have no idea.

I doubt it has much to do with pre-orders.

I saw Justin on YouTube was suggesting it was to do with the 2nd sculpt with the light up feature and having to change how it attaches, possibly via magnet instead of the usual ball joint.

I doubt it has much to do with pre-orders.

I saw Justin on YouTube was suggesting it was to do with the 2nd sculpt with the light up feature and having to change how it attaches, possibly via magnet instead of the usual ball joint.

Interesting speculation.

I wonder how much trouble it is for HT to replace the neck joint that goes into the torso...

My main concern about that: If they also revised the standard head sculpt (i.e., plain one, not the raging heat vision one) so as to give him that lumpy looking hair parted on the left that we see in the film... imo that will suck. At least it's not what I want, whatever others prefer.

If that happens my backup plan is that I got a BvS head sculpt on eBay to use instead. But if they change the peg joint to magnetic that will obviously be for both sculpts. So there goes that idea.

I suppose then I could still carve out and shape the inside of my backup BvS head sculpt, and superglue some metal or a magnet (whichever) in it, i.e., customize it to fit. Probably have to use a drill press to do that, which would be a bit time consuming. It would be a project.

Interesting speculation.

I wonder how much trouble it is for HT to replace the neck joint that goes into the torso...

My main concern about that: If they also revised the standard head sculpt (i.e., plain one, not the raging heat vision one) so as to give him that lumpy looking hair parted on the left that we see in the film... imo that will suck. At least it's not what I want, whatever others prefer.

If that happens my backup plan is that I got a BvS head sculpt on eBay to use instead. But if they change the peg joint to magnetic that will obviously be for both sculpts. So there goes that idea.

I suppose then I could still carve out and shape the inside of my backup BvS head sculpt, and superglue some metal or a magnet (whichever) in it, i.e., customize it to fit. Probably have to use a drill press to do that, which would be a bit time consuming. It would be a project.

Well it's only speculation, an update from HT would be nice but we they don't do that sadly lol.

I sold my BvS Cavil thinking this one would be out by the end of 2018. How wrong I was!

I’m not receiving any emails about a delay. Gets me worried that I might not get my confirmation email.

I’m not receiving any emails about a delay. Gets me worried that I might not get my confirmation email.
I have my last payment on the 15th, so will probably get the delay notice in a couple days I imagine.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Late June they bumped mine from July 5 to August 5. Usually we get an email either confirming expected delivery or bumping yet again 2 weeks before the target date. So in a couple weeks we'll see which email it is. But it is slightly encouraging that they bumped it only to the following month. My sense is that release really is close.

Well it's only speculation, an update from HT would be nice but we they don't do that sadly lol.

I sold my BvS Cavil thinking this one would be out by the end of 2018. How wrong I was!

I purchased a BvS Superman in march, because i know Hot toys are not in a hurry to release this figure, and i love the base and "dark" colors. So if Hot toys change for a magnetic system, it will be impossible to buy a red vision sculpt in loose and use it with the BvS body, they know how pissing people...

Because HT don't care about DC anymore. And also about customers who preordered it.

that's sad , I really had a hope they would show him with a new head. :\ meh. Nothing against of Marvel I enjoy Marvel movies too but Hot Toys became only MARVEL company now , I'm tired.

that's sad , I really had a hope they would show him with a new head. :\ meh. Nothing against of Marvel I enjoy Marvel movies too but Hot Toys became only MARVEL company now , I'm tired.

Agreed! Dumping my Marvel stuff because I realize I treasure the DC stuff more- be hopeful for more from HT at some point

Once everyone has stopped crying their man tears here. I would say they didn't show Supes because
a). They don't have space for everything
b). They typically don't show a lot of figures which are very close to coming out. Priority on the new ones.
c). And yes DC is a lower priority. Deal with it.

I have Supes ordered as well. He'll come once the Endgame hype has died.

"Man up" people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once everyone has stopped crying their man tears here. I would say they didn't show Supes because
a). They don't have space for everything
b). They typically don't show a lot of figures which are very close to coming out. Priority on the new ones.
c). And yes DC is a lower priority. Deal with it.

I have Supes ordered as well. He'll come once the Endgame hype has died.

"Man up" people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't be so harsh on people when they are waiting 3 years for a simple, yet again and again delayed, figure ... if there is a time to cry over something about figures, it's now and here.

Back