Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go work for them bro! Tell them how you feel about it LOL LOL Orrrr don’t buy it damn it’s not a human being it’s a as close to screen accuracy as they can get. Remember these people have a budget to work with to leave room for profit. It’s a scaled down version of 1/1. I can think of a ton of other figures that have missing things and nobody complains and it still looks good. The problem is everyone on this thread I’m sure like me has OCD to an extent of their expectation. If everyone is gonna be critical about figures than it’s time to get out of the hobby period.

"DUde liKe Doo it BeTter iF you dOnt like it lmaO". Your entire post is baffling. I cant express my dislike without you coming off as some upset shill? Yea why be critical of these expensive figures? So because tons of other figures have missed details, its ok? And seriously? My complaint about the tattoo that was ever present in the film even through the armor may be nothing to you. But it is something to me. Thats how different taste works. But it certainly isnt as close as detailed as they can get. If you cant handled people with different opinions or ppl who simply dont like the things you do, maybe its time for you to get out of the hobby. Or the board. This entire place is for us to discuss the pros AND cons of figures we care about. And those pros and cons vary between ppl. Saying " well damn dont buy it!" to anyone who is critical like its some personal attack on you wont help any discussion.

Neither is being critical of the artists who work hard to make these figures that is also an attack on their artistry and skill....but that’s ok? Right........? What if it was you who made the figure and someone or some people constantly were slamming it and how it should be. Whatever buddy have it your way I’m done.

"DUde liKe Doo it BeTter iF you dOnt like it lmaO". Your entire post is baffling. I cant express my dislike without you coming off as some upset shill? Yea why be critical of these expensive figures? So because tons of other figures have missed details, its ok? And seriously? My complaint about the tattoo that was ever present in the film even through the armor may be nothing to you. But it is something to me. Thats how different taste works. But it certainly isnt as close as detailed as they can get. If you cant handled people with different opinions or ppl who simply dont like the things you do, maybe its time for you to get out of the hobby. Or the board. This entire place is for us to discuss the pros AND cons of figures we care about. And those pros and cons vary between ppl. Saying " well damn dont buy it!" to anyone who is critical like its some personal attack on you wont help any discussion.

Your post does have opinions yes but also boarders being critical.... critique without praise for the good parts is just being all critical and that is common sense. There is a way you say some thing with finess and tack. There isn’t one positive thing in this post which is rather sad. Does it have issues sure. But I also am a sculptor and artist and would only address something if it was a complete failure period. I’m not saying that your not untitled to your opinion I’m simply stating if you don’t like it don’t buy it.
I absolutely hate how its missing the neck tattoo that's supposed to creep out under the collar. Hot toys is supposed the pinnacle of film to figure detail. Horrible horrible effort on their part. What a shame. Also whats up with that warped trident in the beginning of figure 4 dummies review? Why not make it diecast? Wew lad. Im sorry but it all just seems so cheap

Your post does have opinions yes but also boarders being critical.... critique without praise for the good parts is just being all critical and that is common sense. There is a way you say some thing with finess and tack. There isn’t one positive thing in this post which is rather sad. Does it have issues sure. But I also am a sculptor and artist and would only address something if it was a complete failure period. I’m not saying that your not untitled to your opinion I’m simply stating if you don’t like it don’t buy it.

I think the figure looks fine, not HT's best effort but not the the horrible figure some here seem to describe either.

That being said, it is perfectly OK for people to criticize a product they're being asked to pay for, and no they do not have to include "the good parts", we're not in preschool.
Professional artists and craftsmen can take criticism, it's part of the job when they put themselves out there and get paid for it.
Please watch your spelling, it distract from what you're trying to say.

Ok I can agree with that... if someone else has purchased it....but to plant seeds of doubt on the expectation of others to further motivate a negative outlook or mood is also questionable. No body critiquing doesn’t even have the figure in hand to complain about it and everything is based on photos they are seeing LOL!!’ Nothing actually in hand to look at. Sure if you bought it or preorder it and are locked in than fine. But I think it’s wrong and that’s my opinion and I’m aware my opinion may not count and that’s �� .
I think the figure looks fine, not HT's best effort but not the the horrible figure some here seem to describe either.

That being said, it is perfectly OK for people to criticize a product they're being asked to pay for, and no they do not have to include "the good parts", we're not in preschool.
Professional artists and craftsmen can take criticism, it's part of the job when they put themselves out there and get paid for it.
Please watch your spelling, it distract from what you're trying to say.

Don't know why so much negativity on this figure, IMHO the figure looks perfect. From the reviews I saw, I like the design decisions on choice of articulation points and materials used. That "Iron man" like shoulder piece was a great decision. After looking at the final product pics and videos, I'm glad I chose this over the standalone movie version (I placed my order after HT announced the movie version). Only thing I would want is the trident from the movie version - hoping there'll be a 3rd party one available.

It looks like the gap between chest plate and torso only shows if the figure's chest is arched backwards. How many people will want to pose the figure that way? I'm sure there are a ton of poses that can be achieved with the figure that close that possible gap. It also looks like the potential gaps in the arms are concealable as well. I started to watch one review thus far online but got interrupted from it, so I still have to see what's up with that.

Don't know why so much negativity on this figure, IMHO the figure looks perfect. From the reviews I saw, I like the design decisions on choice of articulation points and materials used. That "Iron man" like shoulder piece was a great decision. After looking at the final product pics and videos, I'm glad I chose this over the standalone movie version (I placed my order after HT announced the movie version). Only thing I would want is the trident from the movie version - hoping there'll be a 3rd party one available.
That's my view as well, just loved what I've seen so far (same for most people with figure already in hands I guess).

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk

That’s what I’m saying it’s like people are dogging it and don’t even in hand to critique. I have it in hand it’s really not that bad at all you cannot base everything on a couple of photos man. If you bought it then got it and are not happy have a t it and share your disapproval’s. But to bash it from the sidelines is a bit unfair.

That’s what I’m saying it’s like people are dogging it and don’t even in hand to critique. I have it in hand it’s really not that bad at all you cannot base everything on a couple of photos man. If you bought it then got it and are not happy have a t it and share your disapproval’s. But to bash it from the sidelines is a bit unfair.

It's the typical Hot Toys figure release discussion cycle though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think it looks good but as ever need to see it in hand to really get a feel for the figure.

I get both sides of the argument but the more people who like it the better for the health of HT DC.

At least in theory.

So i say , get it if you like it and enjoy!

I can see why it's taking a while to release in the states - very intricate with all of the designs in the armor, suit, etc. The heeled boots look weird.

Neither is being critical of the artists who work hard to make these figures that is also an attack on their artistry and skill....but that’s ok? Right........? What if it was you who made the figure and someone or some people constantly were slamming it and how it should be. Whatever buddy have it your way I’m done.

Oh give it a rest. You being a sculptor is absolutely irrelevant to me. Nobody is "attacking" anyone. Im stating how i dont like something. Again using the forum for how its intended. I broke no rules and did absolutely nothing wrong. The forum is to discuss and share our likes and dislikes. If you can't handle other opinions, this isnt for you. Im not entitled to post something positive about every figure I comment on. I like something about a figure, I comment. I dont, I comment. You see how that works? You have no argument other than that youre upset I dont like something you do and I decided to share that dislike. Dont get pissy at ppl who disagree or criticize. And those who dont like things dont need you telling them not to buy it. Like what you like. I'm not going to get on your case about it. Dont get on mine.

Oh give it a rest. You being a sculptor is absolutely irrelevant to me. Nobody is "attacking" anyone. Im stating how i dont like something. Again using the forum for how its intended. I broke no rules and did absolutely nothing wrong. The forum is to discuss and share our likes and dislikes. If you can't handle other opinions, this isnt for you. Im not entitled to post something positive about every figure I comment on. I like something about a figure, I comment. I dont, I comment. You see how that works? You have no argument other than that youre upset I dont like something you do and I decided to share that dislike. Dont get pissy at ppl who disagree or criticize. And those who dont like things dont need you telling them not to buy it. Like what you like. I'm not going to get on your case about it. Dont get on mine.

:goodpost:

Some people just don't get that everyone has an opinion and if it isn't the same as theirs then it's an attack.

Back