Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin is getting the entire line so he should be getting him to review any day now. Don't think Dean Knight is getting any of this line except Batman sadly.

After release pics the other day....he said he may reconsider and get it.

I can’t believe that there’s isn’t a single other person with unboxing review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand what you guys are saying but this dude should be able to pull of some incredible poses in hope Hot Toys does at least some up grades to their Woman body you can pose that at all she can't even pull of her signature move.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just saw this photos from a fellow collector in Instagram (@the_collection_92), and he's quite impressed with the figure, and happy with the torso overall look and articulation:

Screenshot_20190502_194805_com.instagram.android~2.jpgScreenshot_20190502_194820_com.instagram.android.jpgScreenshot_20190502_194827_com.instagram.android~2.jpgScreenshot_20190502_194836_com.instagram.android~3.jpgScreenshot_20190502_194824_com.instagram.android~2.jpgScreenshot_20190502_194834_com.instagram.android~2.jpg

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk

Just asked him about the exposed joints BTW:
Screenshot_20190502_203243_com.instagram.android~2.jpg

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk

It's not even the pecs of the chest plate, it's the rib cage gaps. They completely break the lines of his upper torso connecting to his lower abdomen, and that's what's making it look so toyish. Who realistically is going to pose this JL Aquaman in such a dynamic way to warrant that cut section? Most times in the film he's standing stoically.

I'm just salty because the proto looked spot on with it. There's no way to conceal those ribcage gaps. Imagine if Batman or Superman had it, it'd look awful, same as here. So frustrating because I really want to get it, but I feel like that's all I'll see.

Those really clear shots are appreciated - thanks! I thought those marks on his face below his left eye were paint splotches, but after doing a little digging, they are on Mamoa's face so...very accurate paint app! I wish the beard had just a little variation to it. The face is typical HT...well-crafted but a bit "off".

Still looking forward to more reviews and shots. Leaning more towards the "yes" column here. Hope to see if a reviewer like Justin gets him and gives us a good pose or two to consider. Really like the comment from TC92 about this suit looking better with the Snyder aesthetic than the forthcoming solo movie suit. Very much agreed. I do like this look.

A good look at the figure courtesy of Virtual Devil: From the 5 minute mark on is when we see the figure and head sculpt in detail.

It seens like a good review but is in French ...

In hand looks good .. good lights .. and all.

It seens like a good review but is in French ...

In hand looks good .. good lights .. and all.

lol yeah I don't understand what he's saying sadly but he has a great set up to give you the best look at the figure short of having it in hand.

Not feeling the changes. Would have preferred less articulation for it to be more as aesthetically pleasing.

From the production photos I thought maybe the sculpt had been improved slightly, but it's now clear it was just some creative lighting and photoshop making it appear that way. In these latest reviews he's back to looking like the same generic bearded guy of the proto pics.

Not feeling the changes. Would have preferred less articulation for it to be more as aesthetically pleasing.

Hopefully the figure from the Solo movie doesn't have the same McFarlane articulation cuts. I will wait for in hand pictures of that one.

Definitely will have to wait and see reviews by Dean Knight, Justin, and Keyboard Warriors on this figure. For now still remaining guardedly optimistic, though.

Definitely will have to wait and see reviews by Dean Knight, Justin, and Keyboard Warriors on this figure. For now still remaining guardedly optimistic, though.

I don't think Dean is getting this one sadly.

So much trash talk on this figure. I don’t like it, it looks like this it looks like that, this is exposed that is exposed. Freaking heck don’t want it don’t buy it but unless you have it in hand like I do in sunny Florida for Peet’s sake shuuuuuuut uuuuuup. It is a great figure in hand. No the elbows are not exposed lol that is a fabric like Superman BvS sleeve and the armor
Plate on top of the bicep the arms are socket arms like IW Thor. He has better articulation than IW Thor which was a disaster from the hammer being underscaled to no waist articulation they should had done with Thor what they did with Aquaman. Anyways both are favorable
Considering.

So much trash talk on this figure. I don’t like it, it looks like this it looks like that, this is exposed that is exposed. Freaking heck don’t want it don’t buy it but unless you have it in hand like I do in sunny Florida for Peet’s sake shuuuuuuut uuuuuup. It is a great figure in hand. No the elbows are not exposed lol that is a fabric like Superman BvS sleeve and the armor
Plate on top of the bicep the arms are socket arms like IW Thor. He has better articulation than IW Thor which was a disaster from the hammer being underscaled to no waist articulation they should had done with Thor what they did with Aquaman. Anyways both are favorable
Considering.

Cool, thanks for posting this! How would you rate the head sculpt? Looks significantly improved from the original prototype photos.

I absolutely hate how its missing the neck tattoo that's supposed to creep out under the collar. Hot toys is supposed the pinnacle of film to figure detail. Horrible horrible effort on their part. What a shame. Also whats up with that warped trident in the beginning of figure 4 dummies review? Why not make it diecast? Wew lad. Im sorry but it all just seems so cheap

Back