Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally agree. I was never a fan of the orange and green look since I was a kid. Always looked so uncool to me somehow.

Me too. I've never been a fan of the green and gold either. It's not particularly attractive color scheme-wise (for me! YMMV I realize). And no matter how slick it looks in Wan's film it reminds me of Super Friends tbh. I grew up with Silver Age Aquaman and the character was the butt of jokes for a reason, lol. Snyder has given hm a badly needed live action remake to update him for our current world.

The JL suit looks magnificent in hand. It feels LotR-ish. Just beautiful. No regrets whatsoever in making the choice for the JL version. I'm pleased as can be with it.

If you love the green-gold Wan suit definitely enjoy your figure though! It's all just a matter of personal taste.

Just letting everyone know that I put together a forum for folks that love to talk about Zack Snyder's DC films. Please come on by and hang out! thesnyderverse.proboards.com

Moderators, I promise will only post this in the threads that feature Zack's characters!

Update: the forum never got traction, but now you can go here, it’s very active at this subreddit: r/Snyderverse

Studio Session-2065 rz.jpg

Very cool picture; the eyes look very much like in the film(s).

It?s great how DC/WB/ZS turned Aquaman from a zero to a hero (on screen of course, he?s usually been well written in the comics and of course JL & JL Unlimited cartoons). I own both JL & solo Aquaman HT?s and now having them for awhile it?s funny that the JL version is a better overall figure that actually has some decent articulation but the solo orange and green figure ?looks? much better In my opinion but is a pretty bad overall figure. Not only is the articulation laughable to nonexistent but the headsculpt, seemingly being the same on both, is even more ?soft? with less definition. When I start my yearly display rearranging, I?m planning to use a ?floating shelf? as a JL display where the figures will mostly be in museum poses. I?m thinking of using the solo Aquaman body and trident but swap the heads using the more defined JL Aquaman headsculpt. That being said, anyone who asks which version to buy if they will only ever buy 1, I believe the easy choice is the JL version right now, mostly because of the issues I already touched on but also because there is a 3rd party diecast trident (quindent) which doesn?t just feel more substantial but looks better than the original HT?s plastic version. I?ve never seen a 1/6 diecast 3rd party version from the solo film which I?d love to pick up.

Attachments

• 2C3E1E15-3FF6-4362-9987-6C58F3A406D4.jpg
    2C3E1E15-3FF6-4362-9987-6C58F3A406D4.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 98F1132B-8D73-4FF8-B0FA-7613BBF4F65A.jpg
    98F1132B-8D73-4FF8-B0FA-7613BBF4F65A.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 95298E78-7191-4CC0-B240-4F9F78DC75BB.jpg
    95298E78-7191-4CC0-B240-4F9F78DC75BB.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 167
I love the JL Aquaman. I held off until just before it sold out, because I was worried that the upper moveable chest plate was too thick. I have the figure posed in a fairly undynamic pose (which is fine because the figure has so much presence) and the chest looks great. The armor looks gorgeous. The head sculpt is on point. I'm so, happy I that picked both this and Flash up just before they both sold out.

Back