Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is now one ugly figure. Hot Toys turned it into cheap looking action figure! Worst figure of 2019. That horrible gap at the bottom of the chest. Exposed elbow joints. Now you have to be careful pre ordering Hot Toys figures now because the final figure can be a cheap looking action figure and not what you pre ordered.

A bit over the top there fella.

This is now one ugly figure. Hot Toys turned it into cheap looking action figure! Worst figure of 2019. That horrible gap at the bottom of the chest. Exposed elbow joints. Now you have to be careful pre ordering Hot Toys figures now because the final figure can be a cheap looking action figure and not what you pre ordered.

You reached a new level of negativity skill during your stay in Ban, impressive.

Every time I see pics of this without any objects in frame to provide a sense of scale, I automatically think I'm looking at the Mafex figure.
That's praise for Mafex I suppose......
HT needs to step up their game for figures with long hair. The sculpted plastic noodles thing is old, as well as the thick oily barbie hair root jobs. There must be better ways nowadays to do it.

Add into that the fact that most collectors are more than willing to spend extra for quality, there really is no excuse anymore.
I'm getting sick of HT providing me with what are basically "base figures" for custom work. That JL Wonder Woman fiasco was a joke.

Every time I see pics of this without any objects in frame to provide a sense of scale, I automatically think I'm looking at the Mafex figure.
That's praise for Mafex I suppose......
HT needs to step up their game for figures with long hair. The sculpted plastic noodles thing is old, as well as the thick oily barbie hair root jobs. There must be better ways nowadays to do it.

Add into that the fact that most collectors are more than willing to spend extra for quality, there really is no excuse anymore.
I'm getting sick of HT providing me with what are basically "base figures" for custom work. That JL Wonder Woman fiasco was a joke.

And agree with you also ... big let down by HT ..

The question is now to cancel o not to cancel .. ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually prefer this over the regular suit version we can't ever pose the other figures for fear of creases and tears this guy can get in to some nice poses.

The new version seems the usual type.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Companies in this hobby truly are damned no matter what they do. People whine and complain about exposed joints, then cry about creases in seamless suits or bodies. Gotta wonder how they find the will to continue producing figures with the infinite negativity.

Companies in this hobby truly are damned no matter what they do. People whine and complain about exposed joints, then cry about creases in seamless suits or bodies. Gotta wonder how they find the will to continue producing figures with the infinite negativity.

I think you'll find they just ignore it mostly. As I do here. There's no way to please everyone, so they do as best they can considering the costume design and that's it.

After a while the whining just becomes noise as I scroll past and read the constructive and interesting discussion.

Look at the video review. This is the single worst looking exposed joint hot toys figure ever.

After seeing the video .. I have to agree with you. By far is the most horrible figure and 0 love on details and quality form hot toys.

Worst figure by far of hot toys ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The chest plate wont be very obvious when on display.
Agree. TBH the final version is surprising me more than I thought in a positive way...made me pre order it today.

I'm one of the few that actually prefer the JL suit compared to the solo movie (like the colors more, although not comics accurate).

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk

Don't quite understand the hate for the figure. Think it turned out pretty well myself

This figure is really bad. That cut across the chest for articulation is something Neca would do. The thing is Neca is not asking for $200 for a figure. This is basically a Neca figure with a hot toys head. Hot Toys needs to always keep in mind they are selling high priced high end figures and with that comes the responsibility to make it aesthetically pleasing also. They need to strike a balance between articulation and looks. This is going too far. They are not selling cheap action figures here.

Actually McFarlane does the articulation cuts on figures. Imagine pre ordering a hot toys figure and seeing the final version looking like a McFarlane figure. I would be annoyed as hell for losing the NRD. This figure is a lost cause. Hopefully the other Aquaman is not this insulting.

Ehhhhhhh. Boy was I looking forward to this figure. I guess I was one of the few that thought the prototype looked great.

That chest gap, Jesus. I don't care as much about articulation as other people, so I think the sacrifice for the chest articulation was a complete step in the wrong direction.

Was planning on getting this. Hoping to see more pictures in hand, hoping the shape of the torso isn't ruined. But that video demonstrating the articulation, ehhhh, sounded awful, not how I imagine a Hot Toys to sound. Pretty bummed by this so far - wanted Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman and Aquaman from JL...

This is how it should have looked. Man, Hot Toys really killed it with that articulation...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWwRfmyAI4e/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Going to wait to see how it looks in better photos. Really want to get this piece and was stoked on it from all of the fair's and promo's. Really needs that gold to pop and that chest gap to be minimal to not there ideally - along with a die cast Quadrant (?), no reason for it not to be.

Remember the times of Wolverine with the die cast Samurai sword and claws, what happened to those times?

Agreed. While this review shows some of the features of the figure well (wouldn't have been nice to have that gooseneck support stand for some of those great dynamic poses?) - it will be good to see this photographed in some other lighting and styles.

Not ready to throw in the towel just yet.

So the figure was advertised as being suited and then they switched for molded arms/torso? I wasn't getting it, but I guess I could see being annoyed with that, but the execution still looks nice.

Back