Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, after getting a closer look at the stiff plastic body and that ugly joint across the chest, the generic headsculpt now seems like the least of this figure's problems.

As someone that's just getting into photographing figures this one looks very promising to me. I feel like I might get some great shots.

As someone that's just getting into photographing figures this one looks very promising to me. I feel like I might get some great shots.
Go for it... [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Just watched the video again after looking at the product page on Sideshow. The chest and upper torso are separate from the body on the proto too. ..it just doesn't look as pronounced on the proto as it does on the production version. That gap is such an eyesore. ..it's unfortunate. It will probably be possible to get some decent photos of this figure with some distinctive lighting choices but...dayum. it's too bad. As this review points out, the separate pieces don't really enhance the articulation any without it looking awkward so the choice here by HT is a baffling one.

The costume does look well-rendered and highly detailed so I'm still intrigued. Can't wait to see more shots of this figure.

I want to like it, but I am hoping HT gets it together for his solo film version.

They really need to modify the hair for the solo film release... it's not accurate and it's easily the second worst thing on this figure after the chest articulation.

Just watched the video again after looking at the product page on Sideshow. The chest and upper torso are separate from the body on the proto too. ..it just doesn't look as pronounced on the proto as it does on the production version. That gap is such an eyesore. ..it's unfortunate. It will probably be possible to get some decent photos of this figure with some distinctive lighting choices but...dayum. it's too bad. As this review points out, the separate pieces don't really enhance the articulation any without it looking awkward so the choice here by HT is a baffling one.

The costume does look well-rendered and highly detailed so I'm still intrigued. Can't wait to see more shots of this figure.
I know depending on the pose, it can get quite pronounced (a lot actually [emoji16]) , but from a choice perspective, I think HT did well, as on the movie chest armour was also a separate piece:

d76967601c9d83f9693f804912162cf5.jpg
910c3360133db0c5464eb7acb5002aea.jpg

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk

It is, but the middle part of the upper chest piece is a lot more flush and the rib cage isn't as far apart. If you compare it to the proto, it has a solid V shape torso that really adds to the presence. In the release pics it completely destroys that look.

I'm really hoping it's not as bad as it currently seems as I really want this piece and probably was one of the few really looking forward to it. I prefer his look from JL, I like this armour more and the deep sea fish colour of his eyes. Would have been nicer for a die-cast staff also. Oh well, hoping these in hand pics sway me.

Ugh, after getting a closer look at the stiff plastic body and that ugly joint across the chest, the generic headsculpt now seems like the least of this figure's problems.

Hot Toys put one figure up for pre order then switched to a ugly cheap looking action figure. I am done pre ordering any Hot Toys figures. That's a complete bait and switch. I will no longer be preordering any Hot Toys figures. They just can't be trusted to improve the figures anymore. As a matter of fact they can't be trusted to not turn the figure into garbage. There needs to be a huge backlash against this garbage hot toys is feeding us or we will end up with ugly action figures costing over $200 going forward.

The elbow joint is exposed too like the Thanos from a few years back.

Hot Toys put one figure up for pre order then switched to a ugly cheap looking action figure. I am done pre ordering any Hot Toys figures. That's a complete bait and switch. I will no longer be preordering any Hot Toys figures. They just can't be trusted to improve the figures anymore. As a matter of fact they can't be trusted to not turn the figure into garbage. There needs to be a huge backlash against this garbage hot toys is feeding us or we will end up with ugly action figures costing over $200 going forward.

The elbow joint is exposed too like the Thanos from a few years back.

I didn’t agreed with you before but now I do ...

The amount of details and effort that they put into their marvel figure is amazing but they don’t do the same with the dc ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The amount of details and effort that they put into their marvel figure is amazing but they don’t do the same with the dc ..

The quality of the DC figures over the years has been phenomenal.

The quality of the DC figures over the years has been phenomenal.

Not it hasn’t.

I collect BATMAN &co since the Nolan era .. that was fine .. the Burton even better .. the MOS was maxing to .. batmobiles ... amazing craft .. BvS was ok .. all the way up to the BATMAN armor for justice league ..

The detail on this aquaman ... the constant delays for and only dc items and the lack absence to other carácters like mera .. manta .. Shazam is now off the movie and they just gave us a tease ..

Endgames figures were done last year .!!!

We waited on aquaman for over a year and + and it looks like a toys from toys r us .!!!

The infinity war figures were criticised a lot for being rushed and having big drop off in quality from the prototype. So it's not like all the Marvel figures are amazing.

Not a single in hands picture here yet... and it's already being labled Hasbro and Toys'R'Us [emoji16]

Seems a little harsh, let's wait for a few more reviews and photos. Hopefully we all could be surprised...

Not it hasn’t.

I collect BATMAN &co since the Nolan era .. that was fine .. the Burton even better .. the MOS was maxing to .. batmobiles ... amazing craft .. BvS was ok .. all the way up to the BATMAN armor for justice league ..

The detail on this aquaman ... the constant delays for and only dc items and the lack absence to other carácters like mera .. manta .. Shazam is now off the movie and they just gave us a tease ..

Endgames figures were done last year .!!!

We waited on aquaman for over a year and + and it looks like a toys from toys r us .!!!

MOS line was excellent at the time...all Nolan figures excellent,BvS figures are awesome,SS figures are awesome as is Training WW.... most people think JL Batman is one of the best .

True. BvS and SS figures are overall better than the Infinity War ones. Few exceptions made...

Not a single in hands picture here yet... and it's already being labled Hasbro and Toys'R'Us [emoji16]

Seems a little harsh, let's wait for a few more reviews and photos. Hopefully we all could be surprised...

It's like the power pose Hulkbuster 2.0 none of the reviewers wanted him. No reviews for a long time. Same case here apparantly.

It's like the power pose Hulkbuster 2.0 none of the reviewers wanted him. No reviews for a long time. Same case here apparantly.

Justin is getting the entire line so he should be getting him to review any day now. Don't think Dean Knight is getting any of this line except Batman sadly.

Back