Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the Love of God, you're telling me this figure, this FIRST Aquaman figure, hasn't been released yet???!!!!
How is this just coming out now???

For the Love of God, you're telling me this figure, this FIRST Aquaman figure, hasn't been released yet???!!!!
How is this just coming out now???
Because hot toys just announced the reissue of the mark 50. The original orders have not sold out and they are already reissuing it just try to strike the iron while its hot

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I watched the Dean Knight YT video on this figure which shows all photos for it. The photos look pretty darn good actually. Evidently articulation is impressive for doing one's own photography. Posability looks great.

I agree with Dean that it looks like they did a surprisingly good job with the sculpted hair. (Can't imagine that rooted hair could ever work for such a figure.) Seems to me that the likeness for the head sculpt from the first set of prototype photos is significantly improved.

Waiting to see unboxings because someone inspecting it in hand is always the real measure.

This could become must-have for me if the Snyder cut gets released--or even if there is an official announcement of that.

The new generation of photos looks better than the initial prototype photos. Remember how horrible the prototype photos for BvS Batman were? And how stellar that figure actually is in hand? Certainly not predicting that here, but just noting there is a precedent for underwhelming or disappointing photos and the actual figure. I've also learned that lesson with my Asmus Tolkien figures.

I'm an outlier on this but I like this suit better than the classic orange-gold and green in the solo film. It looks more "Atlantean" to me in the same sense that Snyder envisioned Kyrpton. Not that Wan's team didn't do a stunning job. They did. But I've never been a fan of the traditional Aquaman suit.

Seems like Hot Toys put a good amount of effort into the articulation on this guy, even the jointed should pads
like an Iron Man figure! I think the head sculpt looks pretty good, not sure what everyone is complaining about...
he looks like he looked in Justice League.

Now I will say that if they don't update it a little for the Aquaman version and just plop this same
head on that body, that would be a cop out... an expected one, for sure... but one none the less.

Very impressed with the articulation! Was not expecting that at all from this figure. Will be able to get him into some pretty awesome poses now. :yess:

Did they change the articulation on this figure I thought it was basicly thr superman suit painted green

Did they change the articulation on this figure I thought it was basicly thr superman suit painted green

I think they changed it from the proto.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Nah, it always looked like a hard plastic armour to me. Also the protos shown last year at Cons

And so begins our frst looks at this long-awaited figure...

Not jumping to any conclusions yet...not enough images out there to form a solid opinion. Waiting for those terrific video reviews by the usual suspects. Having said that, he's looking as expected. The standard softening of the sculpt in production with some minor changes like the eyes looking more striking than the proto. Hair looking a little lighter. Interesting changes in the available articulation. That break in the outfit right beneath the pecs is giving these initial shots a bit of a "toy" quality, but let's wait and see if it looks as obvious in hand later. The hair is a bit gloppy looking but we'll see how it looks in different lighting when more shots start turning up.

I'm cautiously optimistic so far...

And so begins our frst looks at this long-awaited figure...

Not jumping to any conclusions yet...not enough images out there to form a solid opinion. Waiting for those terrific video reviews by the usual suspects. Having said that, he's looking as expected. The standard softening of the sculpt in production with some minor changes like the eyes looking more striking than the proto. Hair looking a little lighter. Interesting changes in the available articulation. That break in the outfit right beneath the pecs is giving these initial shots a bit of a "toy" quality, but let's wait and see if it looks as obvious in hand later. The hair is a bit gloppy looking but we'll see how it looks in different lighting when more shots start turning up.

I'm cautiously optimistic so far...

No reviews yet. Not many must have ordered this guy ??

This is now one ugly figure. Hot Toys turned it into cheap looking action figure! Worst figure of 2019. That horrible gap at the bottom of the chest. Exposed elbow joints. Now you have to be careful pre ordering Hot Toys figures now because the final figure can be a cheap looking action figure and not what you pre ordered.

yeah i get you on that

but still doesnt look as far a trip to hasbro town that they took on the first version of thanos , other than the throne ,that was really poor :thud:

i still look forward to getting him though :)

Back