Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure Shazam can be said to have "under-performed"... it was never meant to be a tent-pole "event" type of movie, and seems to have done quite well; in line with its budget.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/04/25/box-office-captain-marvel-shazam-spider-man-avengers-endgame-wonder-woman-black-panther/#5ff9d1f21da9

My own theory is that the GA has developed a strong appetite and taste for the following recipe:

• sense of realism, the film conveys a feeling that it could exist in the real world--and as such takes the subject matter seriously
  • genuine stakes
  • spectacle via lush CGI
  • epic, larger than life, extra-ordinary events, a sense of 'magic'

Which is why Aquaman basically succeeded so well. And why Endgame will make $3B.

There's so much excellent content to watch on home theater now that to get one's butt in a theater chair a film has to deliver in those ways. Shazam feels more like something you can watch at your leisure on the small screen. After you catch up binge watching Game of Thrones or what have you. I'm just proposing that perhaps many of the GA probably felt that way, more or less. It didn't feel like a film that one had to run out to the theater to see. And it looks like it'll translate fine to the small screen to be streamed down the road. That's how I felt about Ant-Man and the Wasp, and it's how my wife and I watched it.

So there's no chance of this shipping in May is there?

FB_IMG_1556512402247.jpgrelease

Sweet.

Has anyone seen the tweet by Mamoa that something will be announced by WB in about a week. Many think it's the Snyder Cut of Justice League. Man I hope so. Now that Endgame is out, and the hype dies down, it's good timing.

Perhaps this is what Hot Toys are waiting on with the other delayed DC figures like Superman, Batman and this guy.

Timing fits to ride a mini hype wave of a Snyder cut release, for distributors to sell more figures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnZXkNfDxD8

I really hate that sculpt. And i will be pissed when i will have solo version in my hands with the same sculpt. I know it is inevitable.

Thinking about cancelling....hair looks funky and likeness is iffy and best. Just a bearded long haired dude.
Dissapointed as I really wanted this.

Very disappointing... in really want it this figure ..

0 love on details from hot toy. What was the point to produce a figure wasting money and all ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Face looks pretty good to me, can certainly see Momoa there. It's the hair that lets the figure down.

Back