Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe that's part of the reason for the delay. Possibly those changes as well as lower priority ??

If they do anything with the hair for Superman they need to improve on what the movie did, imo. I mean, if they want to part the hair on the other side, fine, I guess. But the way the hair actually laid in the film was sort of... lumpy. I think I actually liked the slicked look from BvS better. The nice thing about the BvS/JL Superman head sculpt is that it doesn't look slicked down, it looks more natural than it did in the film. Imo on the HT figure(s) it's actually not a bad look.

If this is what we actually get I'll be thrilled!:

superman_dc-comics_gallery_5c4d043e51814.jpg

Attachments

• hot toys jl suit.jpg
    hot toys jl suit.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 188
If they do anything with the hair for Superman they need to improve on what the movie did, imo. I mean, if they want to part the hair on the other side, fine, I guess. But the way the hair actually laid in the film was sort of... lumpy. I think I actually liked the slicked look from BvS better. The nice thing about the BvS/JL Superman head sculpt is that it doesn't look slicked down, it looks more natural than it did in the film. Imo on the HT figure(s) it's actually not a bad look.

If this is what we actually get I'll be thrilled!:

No problem. Aquaman chat hasn't been exactly rampant. Yeah, I'm no die hard fan that wants hair this way or that. I just want my representation of Supes. That picture still gets me excited to get this figure ! My favourite all time Comic hero.

Still bums me that JL was such a poor show and that it made them possibly go in a different direction.

No problem. Aquaman chat hasn't been exactly rampant. Yeah, I'm no die hard fan that wants hair this way or that. I just want my representation of Supes. That picture still gets me excited to get this figure ! My favourite all time Comic hero.

Still bums me that JL was such a poor show and that it made them possibly go in a different direction.

I remain confident that the 3:34 length Snyder cut will be released. "It's done," Snyder recently said, adding that there is a bit of VFX yet to be completed. But it was finished enough to show to test audiences and execs before he stepped away. So it may be that there isn't a tremendous amount of VFX to complete. Junkie XL reported that he had nearly finished scoring it when he was replaced by Elfman. I think we're going to get it.

Much of the post production work is rendering the film into different formats for release via various media. But to just get it into disk and digital streaming (probably no 3D for the cinema) should be doable enough.

I remain confident that the 3:34 length Snyder cut will be released. "It's done," Snyder recently said, adding that there is a bit of VFX yet to be completed. But it was finished enough to show to test audiences and execs before he stepped away. So it may be that there isn't a tremendous amount of VFX to complete. Junkie XL reported that he had nearly finished scoring it when he was replaced by Elfman. I think we're going to get it.

Much of the post production work is rendering the film into different formats for release via various media. But to just get it into disk and digital streaming (probably no 3D for the cinema) should be doable enough.

I really hope that happens. I'd buy it for sure.

But I guess the questions remain. Would the Execs allow the VFX to be done, or allow a different version out in the wild. What happens with canon then ? Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't care about canon. And perhaps the VFX would be done by guys who want that version out ? Just sucks that they don't release something that I'd say 99% of the fans want.

As Snyder says here "It's up to them".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZguNcj2_lI

I really hope that happens. I'd buy it for sure.

But I guess the questions remain. Would the Execs allow the VFX to be done, or allow a different version out in the wild. What happens with canon then ? Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't care about canon. And perhaps the VFX would be done by guys who want that version out ? Just sucks that they don't release something that I'd say 99% of the fans want.

With The Joker coming, is canon really something DC / WB are adhering to?

I went to respond to this and realized the headline “ dc universe worse without Zack Snyder” was a link to that article and not the one you are referring too. Apologies.

Re: continuity questions for the Snyder cut, The 'Worlds of DC' model will still have continuity but they're not going to be bound by it as they make each film. Ezra Miller recently described it as a multiverse in which the speedsters can be a key to linking different versions. Like the comics, basically. Which is one reason why he evidently feels the first solo Flash film is so important, and should not be Spider-Man: Homecoming or Shazam-like in tone, but something with more dramatic weight and substance. Darker, if you will. But I think a better term is 'having gravitas' or something along those lines. Treating the subject matter more seriously.

Shazam was a nice fun little movie, and the critics adored it. But it's not even going to make $500M. It's a success at it's budget but by no stretch of the imagination did it do "well" at the box office. I think most viewers... talking about the GA... want to experience superhero cinema as epic, spectacular, and like those elements could be real. This is why Endgame will make $3B. It takes the subject matter seriously. It is epic. It has real stakes, drama, and pathos. And it is chocked full of gorgeous, mindblowing CGI.

If Ezra Miller and Grant Morrison pitched that sort of story to WB versus something more like SM:H or Shazam which is reportedly what Daley and Goldstein were writing, then I think the more serious script is what WB will go with. And they will probably get a new director.

But anyway, Shazam's performance at the box office was barely lukewarm. If Joker and BoP, both low budget but darker toned and more serious films (hell, Joker looks like a straight up arthouse film) do significantly better than Shazam financially.. and I predict they will... then the release of the Snyder cut is very much within this new 'big tent' 'something for everyone' model.

The question of how much VFX remains on the SC and how to get it done is an interesting one. This film got screened to test audiences. Snyder says "It's done... it's basically up to them (WB)" and if there was a substantial amount of VFX to be completed I don't think he would have phrased it that way, and with the non-verbal type of expression he used. If the cost of what remains to be completed is adequately covered by the projected profit margin, remaining VFX should not be an issue.

Here's the most important point in support of release: WB is not bound in any way under this new Worlds of DC model to make the SC their 'continuity'.

Yep, so if you are remotely interested in seeing a Snyder Cut then let your voice be heard and sign a petition. Link above. Or Google it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how the social media event yesterday to post to WB went. They were hoping to get it trending. But I think that was a tall order just a couple days before release of Endgame. Hopefully the tweets and instragram and FB posts, in support were at least well into the hundreds of thousands. I also wonder how many individuals expressing a desire to see it translates into a push at WB to go ahead aand get it released.

I don't understand the criticism of Shazam. The tone was perfect for the character. Most DC characters demand a more serious tone.

Since when has the MCU taken their subject matter seriously anyway? All the one's I've seen are full of gags. Endgame might make $3B but it's plot will be as formulaic of the rest. Disney certainly know what brings in the money.

I don't understand the criticism of Shazam. The tone was perfect for the character. Most DC characters demand a more serious tone.

Since when has the MCU taken their subject matter seriously anyway? All the one's I've seen are full of gags. Endgame might make $3B but it's plot will be as formulaic of the rest. Disney certainly know what brings in the money.

Myself, I was unfamiliar with the character. I knew of him but when I was growing up never read any of his comics. Never watched DCAU much, other than lingering occasionally as a curiosity when channel surfing, and within last 6 years watched a number of the classics like TDKR and Flashpoint: Paradox.

Anyway, the character concept doesn't appeal to me at all. But if others enjoy it God bless. There's plenty of room under the tent.

Shazam's underperformance doesn't say anything other than that the studio scheduled it at an absolutely terrible time of the year (between two Marvel juggernauts) and that the DC brand isn't yet well-liked enough that it'll get the audience to take a chance on obscure properties. Aquaman and Wonder Woman being well received was a step in the right direction, but it needs to be remembered that most of the DCEU movies still have negative (or at best, "divisive") reputations. It's gonna take some time before the DCEU brand is trusted enough for that.

So presently we dont have any big DC movies to look forward to batman In 2021 and aquaman 2 in 2022.

Really that is the best you can do . Marvel will probably have 4 to 5 movies coming out.

It's too bad I really wanted a watch tower and dark side invasion they stuff we have seen them do countless times I the cartoons. It's too bad

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back