Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the product is a collectible that will one day be relatively scarce, they sort of have the consumer over a barrel to begin with it seems. It would be different if they were manufacturing widgets, I think.

That’s true. They sort of have a captive audience. There’s no other company that releases 1/6 scale figures of these characters with this degree of quality. And I guess that’s what they’re counting on. And to a degree, they’re right for sure. I don’t think it’s completely ethical, but that’s definitely how it works.

I don’t even have a problem with them focusing on Marvel and Star Wars characters. I might not necessarily like the ratio of Marvel and Star Wars figures to DC figures, but I understand it. You have to go with what sells. Where I would disagree with what they’re doing, is they’re soliciting the DC figures for pre-sale and once some of the money has changed hands between buyer and seller, they announce continuous delays. I know some of that is a Sideshow vs Hot Toys thing, and I guess I can’t blame Sideshow since they’re kind of at Hot Toys mercy as far as when they receive the figures, but it just seems like something needs to change to improve the number of delays that are occurring with the DC releases.

That’s true. They sort of have a captive audience. There’s no other company that releases 1/6 scale figures of these characters with this degree of quality. And I guess that’s what they’re counting on. And to a degree, they’re right for sure. I don’t think it’s completely ethical, but that’s definitely how it works.

I don’t even have a problem with them focusing on Marvel and Star Wars characters. I might not necessarily like the ratio of Marvel and Star Wars figures to DC figures, but I understand it. You have to go with what sells. Where I would disagree with what they’re doing, is they’re soliciting the DC figures for pre-sale and once some of the money has changed hands between buyer and seller, they announce continuous delays. I know some of that is a Sideshow vs Hot Toys thing, and I guess I can’t blame Sideshow since they’re kind of at Hot Toys mercy as far as when they receive the figures, but it just seems like something needs to change to improve the number of delays that are occurring with the DC releases.

Yeah, it is very frustrating, I agree.

Another week down and still no sign.
Easily May at best now befoee SS are shipping.... ffs.

Yes and probably much later. I'm tired of the whole thing to be honest, HT suck all the fun out of this hobby for non disney collectors.

Somebody is stealing from factory, how shocking. Shame on everyone who buy from them.

At this rate Endgame figures will be out before Justice League run is complete.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

At this rate Endgame figures will be out before Justice League run is complete.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No doubt that will happen. At the rate of delays on this line we might not see Superman and regular Batman until next year.

Another day coming here to see some good news. Another disappointment.
There needs to be a betting pool for DC Hot Toys figures release dates.

It’s absolute ********!! Had 3 DC figures up for release and we get bombarded with ENdGame preorders!!! I guess it will be like that for the next few weeks..

Walked into Sainsbury's today and saw the Aquaman blu-ray with him walking out of the cave with his armour and wet hair... Now this is the look the figure has to have. I hope they do wet his hair down. My only imagining of why they wouldn't is if it looks stupid - but I'm pretty sure there were images of statues with the look so...

Having said that the photo a couple pages back where he's got **** on his face, I hope they don't do that.

Back