Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tought we would have seen in hand pics of this by now....hot toys dragging the arse out of this now.

Hype for Marvel is big and mounting at the moment. If you were Howard would you be releasing Marvel stuff now with the hype or putting it on hold to release DC stuff where there is no hype ?

Hype for Marvel is big and mounting at the moment. If you were Howard would you be releasing Marvel stuff now with the hype or putting it on hold to release DC stuff where there is no hype ?

Marvel Hype or not, customers have (flex) paid for these DC figures for a year (or in some cases longer). Getting tired of the excuse of whether or not a license is currently "hot" or not- even though Aquaman is currently HUGE. Flash was scheduled to drop this month. I'm not holding my breath though. Might end up cancelling if it gets pushed back again.

I have to agree, pushing other projects because of “ hot franchises” is a terrible business practice. It’s getting annoying. Having a couple of figures in limbo with no communication from the company is terrible.

This is giving me flashbacks to the BvS Wonder Woman. That thing was delayed around a whole year. After the solo movie even came out. Like I know Marvel is way more popular and successful and Hot Toys is going where the money is. But Wonder Woman and Aquaman have been the biggest critical and financial successes of the DCEU and people LOVE them. I just don't understand this delay. At least with WW there was the excuse of the seamless body.
Still 2 weeks left of Feb so I'm holding out hope but I predict another BvS Wonder Woman situation here. Maybe they can ship the JL Aquaman and solo Aquaman together in time for the sequel to come out. And by then I'm sure there STILL won't be a Mera, Orm or Manta.
Hot Toys really knows how to suck the excitement out of buying toys. By the time it arrives I just don't even care anymore.

This is giving me flashbacks to the BvS Wonder Woman. That thing was delayed around a whole year. After the solo movie even came out. Like I know Marvel is way more popular and successful and Hot Toys is going where the money is. But Wonder Woman and Aquaman have been the biggest critical and financial successes of the DCEU and people LOVE them. I just don't understand this delay. At least with WW there was the excuse of the seamless body.
Still 2 weeks left of Feb so I'm holding out hope but I predict another BvS Wonder Woman situation here. Maybe they can ship the JL Aquaman and solo Aquaman together in time for the sequel to come out. And by then I'm sure there STILL won't be a Mera, Orm or Manta.
Hot Toys really knows how to suck the excitement out of buying toys. By the time it arrives I just don't even care anymore.

:clap

Oh my.. pls don't be another BvS WW again..
I think i got 10 years older due to the stress there..[emoji23][emoji23].
But enjoyed the company of fellow collectors on that thread tho.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sadly my apathy for this line is starting to match that of Hot Toys for all things DC. We are told their Disney obsession is simply a case of following the money. Aquaman just took over a billion, remarkable for an origin movie and here we are still waiting for his JL figure.

All they have announced from his solo movie is a half assed figure with a repainted head. Mera would sell in big numbers as would have the Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman so no it's not just down to money. DC is an afterthought, we'll grudgingly get the figures we pre-ordered eventually and they'll wonder why some of them don't sell very well.

I seriously hope Prime 1 don't get the Marvel license any time soon or the same will probably happen with them.

Sadly my apathy for this line is starting to match that of Hot Toys for all things DC. We are told their Disney obsession is simply a case of following the money. Aquaman just took over a billion, remarkable for an origin movie and here we are still waiting for his JL figure.

All they have announced from his solo movie is a half assed figure with a repainted head. Mera would sell in big numbers as would have the Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman so no it's not just down to money. DC is an afterthought, we'll grudgingly get the figures we pre-ordered eventually and they'll wonder why some of them don't sell very well.

I seriously hope Prime 1 don't get the Marvel license any time soon or the same will probably happen with them.
Yeah this really is a bummer, they should've at least had a new sculpt/hair, and I'm also reconsidering buying any version of Aquaman if we don't get other characters. What a waste of a license.

Last edited:
Well the IW hulkbuster just dropped so that means DC figures for the next drop going by their soon to release picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, just released, that means from the picture of upcoming releases it's just 1/4 Joker, Aquaman and Flash left to go. No choice but to release some DC now, altohugh I bet you they'll release some sneaky new Marvels beforehand still.

I'm most hyped for 1/4 Joker, so I guarantee order of release will go Flash, Aquaman, Joker....

All I know is when that Aquaman finally arrives I'm celebrating with a pint of Guinness... and maybe one for him as well Untitled.jpg

Just received delay notice for end of March ..!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious, do these notifications come from Sideshow? I'm seeing a lot of people saying they get delay notices but I have never received one, not even in Junk folder.

Back