Hot Toys John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I've never cared for those short rooted beards, no matter how well they're done. But I think it does show how much better the sculpt can look with the sides darkened a lot more, which is what I will definitely be doing.

FY25tef.gifv

I don’t mind rooted hair, but I must admit I’ve been embarrassed by it once. When my daughter was about 8 years old, and her little friend came over, they were admiring my collection of Hot Toys on display in detolfs. Her friend said, “Oh! I love Batman! Cool!” As she moved on to a Marvel detolf, she saw Black Widow and said excitedly, “Oh! Your dad collects Barbies too! Cool!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t mind rooted hair, but I must admit I’ve been embarrassed by it once. When my daughter was about 8 years old, and her little friend came over, they were admiring my collection of Hot Toys on display in detolfs. Her friend said, “Oh! I love Batman! Cool!” As she moved on to a Marvel detolf, she saw Black Widow and said excitedly, “Oh! Your dad collects Barbies too! Cool!”

Haha that's about as low as it goes :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cicada17’s daughter’s friend: “Oh! Your dad collects Barbies too! Cool!”

Cicada17:

giphy.gif

I know it's stupid, but that actually drove me crazy. Not that it ruined the movie for me in any way or anything. But JW3 takes place just hours after JW2. His hair should have been the exact same length, not several inches longer. I love Keanu, one of the coolest dudes on the planet, but that was lazy by him to not just get his hair cut to match the first two movies.
I do think his hair grew out when he was on the ship ride from new york to the middle east and i imagine that was a day or two so it's goanna grow and seeing as he doesn't have access to scissors he has to deal with it. Of course he cuts it down near the end by a bit.

I finally got my 1/6 dog for my custom John Wick. I repainted the eyes on it to make them look more expressive. I will try and post some pics of him next to John when I can.

Attachments

• 20190622_161310-1.jpg
    20190622_161310-1.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 515
  • 20190622_170325.jpg
    20190622_170325.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 514
What makes me laugh is that I think it’s the same figure posted a few pages back with everyone saying it looked bad and here it looks good. Angles my friends, angles!

It looks good! And it looked good a few pages back. Only the beard in closeups isn’t that good. But clearly, it shows that darkening the beard makes this figure mile better!

What makes me laugh is that I think it’s the same figure posted a few pages back with everyone saying it looked bad and here it looks good. Angles my friends, angles!

It looks good! And it looked good a few pages back. Only the beard in closeups isn’t that good. But clearly, it shows that darkening the beard makes this figure mile better!

I don’t think it’s the same custom, the moustache/beard looks very different

Yeah, if it is the same figure, the facial hair has been reworked, it is different.

I have a pre order coming from China. Is it possible the release is simultaneous?

Well Sideshow gets their stock from the slow boats that come over from China. It takes those boats a good while to make it to the California ports so I doubt it.

Back