Hot Toys John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a Debbie downer thread to come into. You could be excited as hell for this figure and then come in here and want to cancel it after going through a couple pages.

Well, I agree that it isn't perfect but I think it is a pretty strong figure overall and I still can't wait to get mine at least :)

I'm super excited for this figure, though I will admit that I already organized to have him repainted and haired. :lol

This is a Debbie downer thread to come into. You could be excited as hell for this figure and then come in here and want to cancel it after going through a couple pages.

Ha yeah, you never quite know what to expect when you enter these threads. Half the time they inspire me to buy figures I had no interest in previously, and half the time they make me wonder what I ever saw in the figure. :lol

Ha yeah, you never quite know what to expect when you enter these threads. Half the time they inspire me to buy figures I had no interest in previously, and half the time they make me wonder what I ever saw in the figure. :lol

Right? :lol

I’m keeping my Wick order to see it in the flesh and make the call.

For those who don't have FB, someone named Eden Tsang just posted his rooted hair sculpt on there, and I think it improved the likeness by about a thousand percent.

FB_IMG_1560924431024.jpg

FB_IMG_1560926220869.jpg

That beard is bloody terrible. Does look like Shia Labeouf now that you mention it.

Hair transplant is pretty decent in fairness.

That's a miss on the beard on that hair job -- but the hair itself elongates the face. It's not a bad sculpt.

I'm definitely still looking forward to this one. I get the criticisms about the likeness, but to me personally it's better than the Eleven sculpts so I'm in.

That's JW 3 hair, not how it looks in the first two films. JW3 hair is flat and longer.

7XUXNsE.jpg

I know it's stupid, but that actually drove me crazy. Not that it ruined the movie for me in any way or anything. But JW3 takes place just hours after JW2. His hair should have been the exact same length, not several inches longer. I love Keanu, one of the coolest dudes on the planet, but that was lazy by him to not just get his hair cut to match the first two movies.

I know it's stupid, but that actually drove me crazy. Not that it ruined the movie for me in any way or anything. But JW3 takes place just hours after JW2. His hair should have been the exact same length, not several inches longer. I love Keanu, one of the coolest dudes on the planet, but that was lazy by him to not just get his hair cut to match the first two movies.

One hour, actually. :lol My guess, either they plan to grow his hair even longer for JW4, since it can take place months or even a year after JW3, or Keanu couldn't cut it because of the Bill and Ted 3 film. Or maybe they didn't think it was that important or noticeable. If he grows his hair even longer, I won't mind it, but I do think he had a more unique hair style in the first two films.

For those who don't have FB, someone named Eden Tsang just posted his rooted hair sculpt on there, and I think it improved the likeness by about a thousand percent.

View attachment 457985

View attachment 457986

Yeah, I do agree I see Keanu a bit more in that sculpt than the stock sculpt. I think the rooted hair works on that because as someone else mentioned, that’s essentially his JW3 hairstyle, which is longer. That hairstyle on the sculpt does elongate the face a bit, which I agree helps enhance the likeness.

Though I’m not a fan of the rooted hair beard. It looks kind of sloppy to me.

Back