Hot Toys John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still maintain the conviction that the beard, like almost all HT figures, is a bit soft. However, the sculpt to me is undoubtedly Keanu. It’s a really strong likeness in the face and also the shape of the head. I also think they made the skin tone slightly too dark though, as they often do with their Caucasian figures.

Overall, it’s solid.

Switching from Hottoys to Mezco is the best decision I ever made
I mean look at the Mezco exclusive JW, so many accessories, yet the head sculpt is mehh
but wait guys! You can always purchase a head sculpt from eleven (Lets say if they make it), and that head sculpt only cost like what 20-30?

Hottoys is just rip off these days, less accessories, off head sculpt and shi tty customer services

Depends on what you are after, I suppose. I have a ridiculous amount of 5-7” figures (I probably have 100 lord of the rings ones) from over the years and I’ve started to hate having lots of material things and clutter. I don’t have that many 1/6 figures but they just look so much cooler and professional and less cluttered. I’m planning on getting rid of almost everything I have that isn’t 1/6 scale within the next few months.

I like the figure, love the suit, the accessories, and the sculpt looks as good as most of HT's sculpts, with the exception of rare amazing sculpts like the Mandarin or blue guy from GOTG. That's rare quality. Very few figures look that accurate.

Considering how popular the JW movies have become, I wouldn't mind another JW figure. Maybe one from JW4, assuming there are enough differences to merit a new figure. Maybe make it a DX. As it is right now with 3 films, the current figure does a good job at covering his look in the first two films, with the exception of the slicked back hair.

Will you please tell me what you are referring to with the “150% premium?” Was there a site that offered fast early shipping for a huge markup?

Check back a couple of pages on this thread for discussion on early import prices.

Well I can understand being initially underwhelmed with a figure, and then later deciding it might be worth having anyway despite its flaws. I've certainly had quite a few of those in my time collecting, with the most recent one being IW Cap.

It's not like that suddenly became a better looking figure or anything; I've just decided it's something I'd kinda like to have anyway.

My comment most certainly wasn't aimed at you Dave, I was referring to those rabid and relentless haters of everything that seem to inhabit the internet more and more nowadays.

Switching from Hottoys to Mezco is the best decision I ever made
I mean look at the Mezco exclusive JW, so many accessories, yet the head sculpt is mehh
but wait guys! You can always purchase a head sculpt from eleven (Lets say if they make it), and that head sculpt only cost like what 20-30?

Hottoys is just rip off these days, less accessories, off head sculpt and shi tty customer services

I feel like this is a time where you'd say the HT is the better deal. Mezco's JW was $120+shipping+tax depending where you are. That was a $144 figure for me to order. Mezco started charging sales tax in California for me.

For $100 more you get the HT. I jumped on it even though I was on the fence for the Mezco, the suit looks baggy and the headsculpts iffy. HT looks amazing on both of those fronts and also comes with a bunch of guns and the coins/marker. It doesn't have the box or the dog, but that's all it's got "over" the HT that I can see.

Yeah, I'm a fan of the Mezco figures too, but they are pricing me out of that game now. A great suit at 1/12 must be nigh on impossible at that scale as its tricky enough at 1/6. The Hot Toys is by far the better package, though I do appreciate Mezco including the extra headsculpt.

I sold on my Neo as , for me, the headsculpt was disappointing. I'll wait on Wick to see if it's an improvement. It looks to be though from what I have seen so far, and I love the three Wick films, which helps a lot. I thought the Matrix was incredible, but the sequels unfortunately killed my passion for it.

Everyone sees likeness differently, it's a recorded phenomenon that we all register different features when assessing recognition, so each to their own!

I kind of put both of them on par with each other from what I've seen of Wick so far. I like them both.

Back