Hot Toys is such a tease

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they have stuff done, they need to get it out there. I'm sure that a lot of the people in the market for a Returns figure aren't necessarily in the same market for a Leslie Cheung, and, even if they were, it's not like they'd have to ship at the same time; just announce more than one thing every week/two weeks/whatever.

Leslie Cheung > Batman Returns

Seriously though, they probably already have the specs/pics for most of these things already done. Like Batman Returns, X-Men Origins Xavier, Ichabod, etc. they probably have the things ready to go like they did with Jake Sully. Who knows why they're sitting on them though.

And yeah, how about that USO Captain America? How many shows did we see that at? How many catalogs? And they still don't have it up? :lol

It's just weird, but, again, whatever. I'm in no hurry to throw my cash at them, not when prices just keep going up further and further. I fear by the time they finally get to things I want (Batman Returns, Terminator, Robocop), I'll be priced out anyways. I already said "**** it" to the Battle Damaged T-800 and that was on my want list for 4 years.

I already said "**** it" to the Battle Damaged T-800 and that was on my want list for 4 years.

You could always compromise by buying the battle damaged headsculpt and putting it on an old T-800. Its what I plan on doing.

Not completly screen accurate, but at $300 for the whole figure I don't care.

YOU LIE!!!!

I wish I was.

Can't give into no $300+ figure though. That's ridiculous. Worst case, I wait and nab it if/when it comes down (or if I rack up some Reward Points and knock some of the price off). But then, I really want that damn T-1000 exclusive head. :monkey2

It's not even that I can't afford it, it's just I won't support that kind of crap. It comes with an extra head that lights up and a smaller version of the Sandman piece that came with Black Spider-Man, but it equates to $305 (more for you guys outside the U.S.), that's ****ed up. On principle alone I won't do it.

I bet Batman Returns and Robocop aren't far off from $300 just by looking at the $275 DX 11 Joker and this $300 Terminator. Don't even want to think what they'd charge for a potential police shootout or their endos.

Even when they remake and improve the ones you already got? :lol

I'm actually kind of proud of myself for this reason. I never thought I could have a collection without a Bale Batman, but I refused to give in, and I think that, after a little bit of time passes, that decision will pay off.:lol

It's not even that I can't afford it, it's just I won't support that kind of crap.

I passed on BD T2 Arnie also, but because I've been poor lately I can't say for sure whether my decision is based on principle or economics.

Even when they remake and improve the ones you already got? :lol

If I can give up just about everything else I will allow myself to be a total sucker and buy any such remake, yes. I don't have much to worry about in that regard though. Terminator figures are few and far between now thanks to the Marvel takeover at HT.

If I can give up just about everything else I will allow myself to be a total sucker and buy any such remake, yes. I don't have much to worry about in that regard though.

Attitudes like this are part of the problem.

No offense.

I wonder what'll happen when all the avengers and TDKR ship. Lots of people here have only those on order, when they've come and gone what'll those customers do next, expand their interests or quit?

And yeah, how about that USO Captain America? How many shows did we see that at? How many catalogs? And they still don't have it up? :lol

like two :dunno

I fear by the time they finally get to things I want (Batman Returns, Terminator, Robocop), I'll be priced out anyways. I already said "**** it" to the Battle Damaged T-800 and that was on my want list for 4 years.

:exactly:

Xavier will end up more expensive when they finally put him up for order than if they did it when he debuted or even in the past two years since since they announced them. They're actually hurting their own sales the longer they wait.

**** Xavier. Where's my burrito?

tumblr_lu7uw1BuwV1qa6rsvo1_400.gif

All companies are teases SS (Vader, Grevious), HT (too many to mention), EB (probably some BL collectibles). In the end who cares....

Back