Hot Toys "Iron Whiplash" figure (Whiplash Mark II)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. One figure i am so looking forward to!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Haven't been collecting that long, but I can't recall a figure teased for such an extended period of time as this guy. Would really like to see this up for PO so I can at least get the process rolling. After that, I'll be patient.

Wonder what's the hold up on this po? Maybe they still deciding whether to release it in diecast or not.

Wonder what's the hold up on this po? Maybe they still deciding whether to release it in diecast or not.

According to that magazine pic he's diecast now but I guess they could have changed their mind and delayed him some more, I hope that's not the case.

Come on... It has to be die cast. I want to own this in diecast

According to that magazine pic he's diecast now but I guess they could have changed their mind and delayed him some more, I hope that's not the case.

But in the recent interview with Howard, he said they were not releasing anything die cast after IP, Mark 42 and WM2 for a while because of how much longer it take to make.

So IF this is released soon, it probably won't be die cast. If they want it to be die cast, it probably won't release for a while.

I saw the unpainted head sculpt. It looks neutral, and I'm ok with it, but I was hoping the face would be the smirk he has on his face when he says "Good to be back" during the final showdown.

I saw the unpainted head sculpt. It looks neutral, and I'm ok with it, but I was hoping the face would be the smirk he has on his face when he says "Good to be back" during the final showdown.

I agree. The issue is this wil be a high cost product and everytime ht makes something expressive it goes all over the place... Wolverine last stand, one of the bruce lee heads (not bad but mouseish), enterbays war version (altho my fav), ... Mind you i actually like the expressive ones except the wolverine. I feel if they want to create an expression they shld do 2 headsculpts just to have a mass appeal!

My bigger concern is how far will they go to give it a metallic feel, i mean what is the right balance, cause of what i saw in that few minutes on screen its pretty much a one color suit and they will have to be very clever to ensure it does look kewl yet not like a LG refrigerator... It will be fun to see this one in person!

But in the recent interview with Howard, he said they were not releasing anything die cast after IP, Mark 42 and WM2 for a while because of how much longer it take to make.

So IF this is released soon, it probably won't be die cast. If they want it to be die cast, it probably won't release for a while.

Yea but what he said made no sense, it was something to the effect of "we didn't expect such interest in diecast line and we had way more preorders than we expected" so why would they take the popularity as a sign to stop diecast.:dunno Either way this guys at the top of my list for preorders when they finally put him up.

Yea but what he said made no sense, it was something to the effect of "we didn't expect such interest in diecast line and we had way more preorders than we expected" so why would they take the popularity as a sign to stop diecast.:dunno Either way this guys at the top of my list for preorders when they finally put him up.

While I agree Howard typically makes no sense, his reasoning behind putting die cast on hold was because of it taking longer to produce the die cast figures. It actually makes good sense to not add to the log jam of delayed figure upon delayed figure. Some figures available for PO now have late 2014 release dates. That tells me they are really backed up.

The thing is he didn't specify whether the numbers for the diecast figs were good or bad, only that he'd seen them and decided to put a halt to further diecast figs for the time being. We also don't know how much it costs to produce diecast figs for HT as opposed to plastic. It could be even with a large run that the margins are significantly less plus more time intensive and therefore not worthwhile for them. Personally, I was happy to hear that diecast is being re-evaluated. I don't mind diecast for the odd figure but generally it's kinda pointless, IMO.

Die cast or not, you are all going to buy it anyway (myself included). HT knows this.

Don't understand what the problem is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I use museum poses just for the simple fact every time I try to make a dynamic pose I usually break something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back