Hot Toys "Iron Whiplash" figure (Whiplash Mark II)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Possible Iron Whiplash?

a definite order for me. now if it came with an UN-helmeted mickey rourke head sculpt, that would make it worth the price. i think this will come in at least $400.

Wanted to add a few more. So much detail in person.

Beautiful shots, SC. Just an incredible figure.

Gotta say, it's going to be hard not to order this.
Not the biggest Iron Man fan, but there's no way I'll be missing this. My IM collection will be limited to this, MILK War Machine, Iron Monger and a v2 Mark IV. The design on this couldn't be better, IMO. Just love it and it works whether you like the movie or are just looking for something that could be from the comics.

whats everyones guess on the price of PO for this bad boy?
Gonna guess $300.00 - $350.00. ED-209 is $400.00 and I don't believe this -- as much detail as it has -- rises to that level in scale or engineering.

a definite order for me. now if it came with an UN-helmeted mickey rourke head sculpt, that would make it worth the price. i think this will come in at least $400.
Personally, I'm hoping for no Rourke sculpt to keep the costs down and because there's no chance I'd ever display it. The scene where IW lands and then drops his mask like an imbecile so IM or WM can blow his head off is one of the worst in all comic book moviedom, IMO.

Not the biggest Iron Man fan, but there's no way I'll be missing this. My IM collection will be limited to this, MILK War Machine, Iron Monger and a v2 Mark IV. The design on this couldn't be better, IMO. Just love it and it works whether you like the movie or are just looking for something that could be from the comics

Personally, I'm hoping for no Rourke sculpt to keep the costs down and because there's no chance I'd ever display it. The scene where IW lands and then drops his mask like an imbecile so IM or WM can blow his head off is one of the worst in all comic book moviedom, IMO.
Pretty similar to me except I don't have the Milk & Mk.IV. Are you getting Killian if HT make him?

I totally agree with your point (why did he fought unmasked???)

But IMO it (The unmasked but with helmet HS) is a gimmick we are expected to see with most IM figures (Except for the WM: Milk & MK2). I dont own the first Whiplash, so i do want it to have such thing / although it didn't look like that in the movie :lol
1485831-33BSJAG.jpg

This might possibly be the first Iron Man related figure I'll buy :)
Might also be the only Iron Man related figure I buy ;)

Looks so freaking awesome!

It's pretty much a given that the whips are going to light up, right? A nice blue glow? Make it happen HT.

Pretty similar to me except I don't have the Milk & Mk.IV. Are you getting Killian if HT make him?
No interest in really anything from Iron Man 3. Some great designs in that movie but nothing iconic, IMO, and I want to keep my IM collection as small as possible. Only other thing I could see possibly picking-up besides the four I mentioned previously would be if Hulk Buster is ever introduced into the movie universe and it stays somewhat true to the comics design.

Agree with the other points you make about the inclusion of Rourke's HS. Guess there's no escaping it! Mine will remain mask down for as long as I'm alive. :lol

This might possibly be the first Iron Man related figure I'll buy :)
Might also be the only Iron Man related figure I buy ;)

Looks so freaking awesome!
Yep, could see this pulling in a lot of casual/non-IM fans.

It's pretty much a given that the whips are going to light up, right? A nice blue glow? Make it happen HT.
Would sure be a missed opportunity if they didn't use blue EL for the whips, IMO.

didn't IM fight un-helmeted because he thought the fight was over and took it off?

didn't IM fight un-helmeted because he thought the fight was over and took it off?

Iron Whiplash took off his helmet when he had Tony and Rhodet by the necks with his whips. That is when Tony and Rhodey used their "double repulsor blast" on him. That is about the only reason I would get this fig; to reinact that scene.

Actually yes, there was an alternate ending to IM2. Unforunately, it doesn't include this version of Whiplash. It actually takes out the need for it completely. Interesting to see Tony's under suit though.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNF1b5DdFKI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNF1b5DdFKI[/ame]

Loved this suit and the figure does not disappoint from what is seen. :clap

Actually yes, there was an alternate ending to IM2. Unforunately, it doesn't include this version of Whiplash. It actually takes out the need for it completely. Interesting to see Tony's under suit though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNF1b5DdFKI

I saw that before (I never liked the undersuit idea for this) thats what Jon was talking about? that ending sucks so much... its far worse, what the hell :pfft:

Iron Whiplash rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back