Hot Toys Iron Man Mark III Stealth Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont know if anyone else mentioned, but there was an art of iron man book displayed with this, i think its some kind of dual exclusive, if no one else does with try to take pics of the book, swore i thought it said and exclusive unlike any other or along those lines.

From what the sign says, in order to get the book, you must buy the IM stealth toy. Not confirmed and the grammar on the sign is confusing.

You are right, you don't have to, but the truth is that more often than not, the most current, up-to-date figures look much better than the older ones and given that not everybody is a completist, I'm sure most folks are almost "forced" to update their collections if they want to have the best representation possible of their characters.
I understand that point of view, I just hope I never feel that way. Meaning I hope I never feel forced to buy a figure for any reason. I go into the hobby knowing whatever I purchase now as 'new' will be out dated at some point. I just hope I can still enjoy that figure regardless of whatever is released down the road.
:lol I'm still laughing. Let's hug it out.
tumblr_lkwr809xan1qh4nf6o1_500.gif

I'm definitely getting this and really hoping it comes with a Hall of Armor stand because there is a nice display taking form.
:lol No problemo. You're a great poster Mike, I agree with 99% of your posts :hi5::peace
This one's a pass for me as I've never been a big fan of the Stealth look. Now a Silver Centurion....that would be different and it's probably 1/2 the reason I'm getting the V.
:goodpost: That was my exact initial reaction too Silver Centurion and all. I know better now not to say never wrt to the IM line b/c the odds are stacked in HT's favor on this one :lol
I'm not a fan of the countless IM variations, but I think a black IM would look pretty cool. And no, I don't mean this:

p42Te.jpg
>
:rotfl

Someone said on another forum that this figure has been shown at other shows before. So the assumption is that it might just be for display at shows. Has anyone confirmed that they are going to actually make it? I hope they do!

At the other cons there was a "Not For Sale" sign on the placard. This has a Q4 so it's safe assume whatever roadblock was stopping it before has been surpassed.

dont know if anyone else mentioned, but there was an art of iron man book displayed with this, i think its some kind of dual exclusive, if no one else does with try to take pics of the book, swore i thought it said and exclusive unlike any other or along those lines.

Sadly, no book on display. It does sound like you have to buy the figure to get the book.

The stealth version is so godamn unneccessary and godawful.
I hope it sells bad and finally puts a hold on non-related movie material, really.
It´s the first HT figure to which I speak out negatively and THAT in a big way.
Bummer!!!

Sadly, no book on display. It does sound like you have to buy the figure to get the book.

dphoto8.jpg

I think you guys may have it reversed. The way I read it, you have to buy the book to get the figure. I don't see what makes it an Iron Man book? I can only make out The Art of Collectible. Also, how is the figure related to Iron Man 2?

Last edited:
Hot Toys "The Art of Collectible" Book w/ex IM2 Mark III Stealth figure

dphoto8.jpg

sphoto.jpg

The way I'm seeing it, you have to buy this book to get the Stealth Iron Man. I wonder how much this is going to cost and what exactly is in the book. Picture's from a screen shot from ansol2006's YouTube video.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys "The Art of Collectible" Book w/ex IM2 Mark III Stealth figure

Hmmmm, interesting.

This should shake things up a bit. I wonder how much the book will be.

Maybe it is a book that contains pictures of all the figures which Hot Toys has produced till now...

Eh, not that great of a idea.

Glad I am over the Iron Man craze. This and Iron Monger look good, but have zero interest.

Have to admit I'm a sucker for a fine glossy coffee table book. Between Tashen and Hot Toys is like a rock and a hard place.

so is Mark II, Mark V, and Stealth IM all in Q4?

Correct-a-mundo :lecture

Well all slated for Q4. The Mark V is a lock because it's been delayed over and over but we haven't seen the Stealth fully solicited yet and I have serious doubts that the Mark II will actually ship before the end of the year so it might be Mark V for Q4 and Mark II and Mark IIIS in Q1 of 2012...which of course bumps it to the same quarter as the Gantry.

I think you guys may have it reversed. The way I read it, you have to buy the book to get the figure. I don't see what makes it an Iron Man book? I can only make out The Art of Collectible. Also, how is the figure related to Iron Man 2?

Maybe that is the workaround, that the figure is "included" with the book and therefore they aren't actually selling it. It's not related to Iron Man 2 (since it's the Mark III) and if you look at the base there is no movie title on it as well as the placcard says "Marvel Studios" instead of an actual film....

It wasn't in Iron man 2 unless it was on tony's computer and I missed it. Interesting to say the least.

It wasn't, this is completely conceptual and if I remember correctly was originally planned as the Exclusive before the original Gunmetal Gray version but was stopped by Marvel due to licensing constraints. They brought out the proto anyway and continued to but it looks like they've jumped the hurdle for offering it.

Back