Hot Toys Iron Man Mark III Stealth Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're talking out of your ass and reading into my post where there isn't anything. It isn't about updating your figures or being rid of your figures themselves. My point is that most lines are a progression meaning you are adding to a collection whereas if they do this then HT is doing something interesting for collectors and giving them a shot at everything they've done for the most part and not making them run through eBay for them.

It's an interesting perspective given that the collectors haven't been given this "option". For new collectors or even old who haven't got in, there was no reason to buy from the Iron Man 1 line.

:lol "I'm talking out of my ass" really? Ease up keyboard warrior, no need to get so irritated over a figure discussion board. Seeing that others agree with me I guess I'm not alone and we're all "talking out of our asses" :rotfl

I don't understand this line of thinking. If you enjoy the Iron Man franchise, adding any figure that you like to your collection is great. You don't have to have only the most current, up-to-date figures in order to enjoy your collection.

You are right, you don't have to, but the truth is that more often than not, the most current, up-to-date figures look much better than the older ones and given that not everybody is a completist, I'm sure most folks are almost "forced" to update their collections if they want to have the best representation possible of their characters.

This looks like the Mark 2 autopsy suit retooling.

New paintjob is all (and minus the removable armor).

Note the redesigned abdominal section. It's beefier.

Exactly. Plus the Mark I came out in 2009, so I have been able to enjoy it on my shelf for 2 years now. By the time a hypothetical re-release comes out, it might be 3 years total. That is reason enough for me. :)
I feel that way about my OC Batman. Sure, the new one is basically the same plus improvements. But I've been enjoying the heck out of that figure for 3 years or so. I win! :hi5:

This looks like the Mark 2 autopsy suit retooling.

New paintjob is all (and minus the removable armor).

Note the redesigned abdominal section. It's beefier.
Thanks! But do you think the rivets on Mark II were just painted on?

Must resist the one (if it does go for sale.) Unless it's some special exclusive, I'll probably pass. I'd like to limit myself to one HT piece per license. (In my collection.)

Ease up keyboard warrior.

:lol I'm still laughing. Let's hug it out.

tumblr_lkwr809xan1qh4nf6o1_500.gif

I'm definitely getting this and really hoping it comes with a Hall of Armor stand because there is a nice display taking form.

Looks really nice this figure but a pass for me. Love the colourings but I really want Iron Monger & then I'll be done with the Iron Man line until we get an Avengers Iron Man.

meh, there's no point of even collecting HT IM anymore, this one will prolly be re-done in a couple years anyways :lol.

The only gripe I had about the Mark II Unleashed was the tiny head in relation to the rest of the body. Same gripe here.

This one's a pass for me as I've never been a big fan of the Stealth look. Now a Silver Centurion....that would be different and it's probably 1/2 the reason I'm getting the V.

Since this isn't exactly a comic or movie version, I would like to see something new. If they were going "stealth", why not make one with a matte black finish (like the stealth jet) and keep the eyes and chest piece red.

I would be more into buying that than a blue Mark IV suit.

The Stealth Armor in the comic was blue, not black, and furthermore, blue is stealthier in the sky than black, because the sky is blue. It is more difficult to see a blue object against a blue background than it is to see a black object against a blue background. The SR 71 is black because flying the plane at such high speeds gets the skin of the aircraft so hot that it turns it black. Paint just peels off. As far as the newer stealth aircraft, they are black partly from tradition of the SR 71 and partly because black is seen as menacing. Stealth aircraft fly so high that is is near impossible to see them anyway, especially at night. Since Iron Man flies close to the ground often times, blue makes more sense. As I recall, it isn't just that the armor is hard to see on radar, it is also because it is super quiet, and has no weapons, incidentally. I have the issue with the first appearance of the Stealth Armor.

actually it was meant to be black in the comic but back then you couldnt use all black in ink for some reason so they used blue, so it wassupposed to be black

actually it was meant to be black in the comic but back then you couldnt use all black in ink for some reason so they used blue, so it wassupposed to be black

Yup. The suit was actually black in the beginning with blue highlights:

stealth-iron-man.jpg

The same way Superman's black hair was constantly shown via blue highlights:

SupermanJLBColorWeb.jpg

The thing is that the suit always looked so blue that it sticks whereas we all know Superman's hair is black.

Yup. The suit was actually black in the beginning with blue highlights:

stealth-iron-man.jpg

The same way Superman's black hair was constantly shown via blue highlights:

SupermanJLBColorWeb.jpg

The thing is that the suit always looked so blue that it sticks whereas we all know Superman's hair is black.

It's odd how comics will highlight black with blue to show contours when the contours on any black object are actually gray or white, unless it is reflecting another thing that is blue near it.
I realize that the sky is blue, but since Stealth paint would be flat, the armor would not reflect, and hence the highlights would still be gray. Using blue highlights on black just doesn't make sense.
I did know a guy with black hair who had it dyed with a special blue metallic so that it DID look like Superman's hair. His hair looked black until it was in the sunlight and then you could see blue highlights. It was interesting and it reminded me and him of how Superman's hair looked.
That said, the first Stealth armor figure I know of was the Marvel Legends one, which was an ultramarine blue, which is much darker than the blue on this figure, and I think that color would look more appropriate. Again, a blue object is harder to see against a blue background. Similarly, you would not paint a car black to make it stealthy either. You would paint it a flat, light to medium bluish gray, in order to strike a compromise between the color of the asphalt and the sky. I would also prefer the look of a blue Stealth Armor. Perhaps a blued steel color, at the darkest. Somewhere between ultramarine blue and midnight blue would be what I would prefer, but nothing lighter than sapphire blue, which this blue on this figure is lighter than. That said, even if the color remains the same on the production one, I will get one.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the countless IM variations, but I think a black IM would look pretty cool. And no, I don't mean this:

p42Te.jpg
>

At the very least, I think that the blue on this stealth armor should be as dark a blue as the red is as dark a red on the regular armor, and I'm not sure this blue is that dark. I would also like it if the bluish gray was a tad darker as well.

Someone said on another forum that this figure has been shown at other shows before. So the assumption is that it might just be for display at shows. Has anyone confirmed that they are going to actually make it? I hope they do!

dont know if anyone else mentioned, but there was an art of iron man book displayed with this, i think its some kind of dual exclusive, if no one else does with try to take pics of the book, swore i thought it said and exclusive unlike any other or along those lines.

Back