Hot Toys - IRON MAN - MARK III PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi guys. perhaps this has been addressed here before but i guess the thread has grown too big for me to backtrack. i've owned and displayed the mk3 since it first came out, and after all these months there seems to be some deterioration in the glossy rubber parts - the waist and the pelvis.

i can only attribute it to dust sticking on to the surface since i've experienced the same thing on other rubber based figures, but this time it's really bad due to its intended glossy look. it's now matte, rough and the different tone is very very noticeable. ugly in fact. any way to fix this? and how can i avoid this... the battled damaged mk3 will be a huge investment so i'd like to take precautions.

any tip would be helpful. btw, 2 things have crossed my mind - wipe with damp cloth, or... coat with nail polish lol! i'd like to be warned if these are not advisable... thanks

I just got my mark III from a seller on ebay. I came home very excited about it only to find that the piece that recieves the pin on one of the flaps had cracked. When I moved the flap it fell off completely and now I cannot find it anywhere. To be honest for the money I think the figure is overly fragile. A lot of the flaps do not work as well as they should I think. Very disappointed. Looks nice but not as well made as I had hoped it would be.

From what i read so far, I think that I'm one of those lucky ones who have got away with a figure that is in good condition.

Even so, I have the loose shoulder pad problem; which is easily rectified - just remove it and look on the "underside". There are 2 protrusions - just apply some acrylic paint on them wait for it to dry then put it back on. The shoulder pads should stay in place after that:banana

I cant imagine the amount of defects the battle damage version will have since it has more moving parts than the clean version. Well on the bright side, you can claim that the defect is intended in a battled damage version :monkey5

hi guys. perhaps this has been addressed here before but i guess the thread has grown too big for me to backtrack. i've owned and displayed the mk3 since it first came out, and after all these months there seems to be some deterioration in the glossy rubber parts - the waist and the pelvis.

i can only attribute it to dust sticking on to the surface since i've experienced the same thing on other rubber based figures, but this time it's really bad due to its intended glossy look. it's now matte, rough and the different tone is very very noticeable. ugly in fact. any way to fix this? and how can i avoid this... the battled damaged mk3 will be a huge investment so i'd like to take precautions.

any tip would be helpful. btw, 2 things have crossed my mind - wipe with damp cloth, or... coat with nail polish lol! i'd like to be warned if these are not advisable... thanks

Hi Lonewolf

You can try this from
08897.jpg

Its the 3M silicone lubricant (dry type). Its safe on rubber, plastics and it leaves a protective coat such that you can brush off the dust with ease:chew

Hi Lonewolf

You can try this from
08897.jpg

Its the 3M silicone lubricant (dry type). Its safe on rubber, plastics and it leaves a protective coat such that you can brush off the dust with ease:chew

thanks. can i use it on the figure now, considering it's got dust permanently stuck to it already?

thanks. can i use it on the figure now, considering it's got dust permanently stuck to it already?

Yes, you shld be able to remove the dust, but i dun really understand how dust can be "permanently stuck" to the figure.

I was using the Lubricant on one of his legs (very stiff joint) when some of it got onto the rubberised part. I wiped off the excess and it leaves a coat on it, smooth to touch. I recommend spraying the lubricant on a cloth and then apply it to the body. Hope it works for you:)

Yes, you shld be able to remove the dust, but i dun really understand how dust can be "permanently stuck" to the figure.

I was using the Lubricant on one of his legs (very stiff joint) when some of it got onto the rubberised part. I wiped off the excess and it leaves a coat on it, smooth to touch. I recommend spraying the lubricant on a cloth and then apply it to the body. Hope it works for you:)

well, the surface is sticky and i can't seem to wipe the layer of dust off... it's like a coating on its own now. hmm. maybe i'll try licking it... :p thanks for the tip :D

well, the surface is sticky and i can't seem to wipe the layer of dust off... it's like a coating on its own now. hmm. maybe i'll try licking it... :p thanks for the tip :D

I have the same problem so you are not alone. I tried wetting a cloth and to try and clean it but it didn't work that well.

Thats what she said...

Just keeping this thread alive till someone gets hold of the battle damage version and start the much awaited photo thread:emperor

8828_176078478856_691133856_2922453_6079562_n.jpg

8828_175705093856_691133856_2919508_6224366_n.jpg

Back