Hot Toys Iron Man Fade Issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Found the youtube video by xenomorph1. He indicated to use nail polish remover to remove the paint. Then use the gloss to make it shiny.

The one thing I've always wondered about that technique is if the plastic color underneath the paint has that metallic look to it. It could be the right shade of red, but without that metallic look it still wouldn't really match, IMO.

I'm still deciding if I should fixt the pink panties or not. Scared that it might get just worse if I try to fix it. I am thinking to just leave the figure alone :)

went ahead and did the fix for the pink panties on my mark IV. I followed the video buy xenomorph1 - dude, thank you for posting this video:yess:. I think this is a big improvement on the figure.

here are some pics...

Watch out and DO NOT USE acetone with OIL.It ruined the panties furthermore and now I do not know what to do.Ill post pics of how it turned out but I think my only option is to paint it the panties(Or get a new figure mark 6).Also im expiriencing paint missing.Small chips of paint went missing in some parts of legs and arms.Anyone expirienced anything like it?Only noticable from close inspection

I used the nail polish removal to remove the pink paint. Underneath this paint was a darker shade of red, closer to the color of the armor. I then used a nail clear gloss polish to make it shiny.

I used the nail polish removal to remove the pink paint. Underneath this paint was a darker shade of red, closer to the color of the armor. I then used a nail clear gloss polish to make it shiny.
I know what had to be done.While I was doing it I was watching Xenos video but this is what happened
IMG_0727_zps01263749.jpg

IMG_0732_zps979d9279.jpg

I asked myself what went wrong.Then I noticed the nail polish I was using was red color and It had oil.I run to the store got some oil free white polish but nothing happened.I think the oil oiled the color and destroyed it.And now I do not know what to do.Ill go ask to a modelist shop tomorrow for some decent paint to paint it with

I know what had to be done.While I was doing it I was watching Xenos video but this is what happened
IMG_0727_zps01263749.jpg

IMG_0732_zps979d9279.jpg

I asked myself what went wrong.Then I noticed the nail polish I was using was red color and It had oil.I run to the store got some oil free white polish but nothing happened.I think the oil oiled the color and destroyed it.And now I do not know what to do.Ill go ask to a modelist shop tomorrow for some decent paint to paint it with

Good luck getting it fixed. Personally, I would just buy this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-I...3692?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4abb9dfedc

IMG_0727_zps01263749.jpg

IMG_0732_zps979d9279.jpg

Hawkeye, try using spray can paint. Gloss clear or Gloss clear red will do. Also you may clean up the nail paint on the panty with nail removal before you start painting. Cheers...

Thanks Ice.Thats what I think Ill do.But my other concern is the black in the recess.Who do I paint it?And then how can I prevent the red spray from spraying over it?I think of using a small point marker to paint it over

sorry to see what happened to your figure.. hope you get if fixed. your last option may be to just buy the ebay body that skyiscrape posted. good luck.

Thanks Ice.Thats what I think Ill do.But my other concern is the black in the recess.Who do I paint it?And then how can I prevent the red spray from spraying over it?I think of using a small point marker to paint it over

Fo me, I just used a black point marker for the black lines on the panties.

Has anyone ever thought about using vaseline to brink back the faded color? I have been reading up a bit on how folks sometime use vaseline to restore color in faded paint and plastic, and I am tempted to try it on a few spots on my BD MK III, but I wasn't sure if anyone here had already tried that method? Would the vaseline react badly with the rubber parts?

Sallah

Yes, small point marker is good.
Since you will be going to modelist shop, you may ask for best maker to go well with the spray paint. I know there's 2 types, water-based & oil-based maker.

And I assured you will still see the black line with clear gloss paint spray over it. :wink1:

IMG_0727_zps01263749.jpg

IMG_0732_zps979d9279.jpg

??? that's supposed to look that way dude after the acetone. try and get some more of the silver out then finish off with the gloss

I tried this mod, never worked. Ended up selling both Mark IV and VI. Being OC, I just can't stand looking at the paint difference. Now, I don't own any IM figure, HT should really find a way to fix this in their future IM releases...hopefully with the rumored Mark 3 v2.0

Goodluck to those who would try this.

Hi guys, my Mk VI has the fading issue too and am looking for a non airbrush fix. I've read up on mywii's technique and Xenomorph's tutorial and would like to see more feedback and pictures. The other fix I see around is using Mr Color spray no.47 clear red on the Mk IV & VI; how has that worked for anyone who's tried it? How many coats do you need?

Back