Hot Toys Iron Man 3 MMS 1/6 "Bones" (Mark XLI) - MMS251

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man. A diecast Mk I would be my ultimate piece. I absolutely love the first movie. And that would complete it.

Yes, don't expect all of the armors to get the diecast treatment. The earlier armors could be redone and I can see a select armor or two from Ultron being released in DC.

Do you think there will be more than 1 Iron Man suit in the new Avengers movie or are you thinking more than 1 character might get the diecast treatment (like Whiplash)?

Do you think there will be more than 1 Iron Man suit in the new Avengers movie or are you thinking more than 1 character might get the diecast treatment (like Whiplash)?

We're already getting Mark 43 (I think that's what they're calling it) a HulkBuster and possibly another armor for a final battle scene. The first and third armors could be done in diecast as could Ultron.

"..I think..."
"..do YOU think?.."
"...nah, I don't think..."
"..I bet..."
"..No, they will not for sure.."
"..Yes they will..I think.."

Multiply over 50 pages. I think.

:lol

Howard had mentioned in an interview the only plans for dc were the Mk 3 (and what was already announced obv). Whether it's cost prohibitive or not for HT to use DC for the remainder of their IM releases is anyone's guess. Sure, they could make them all DC and charge and additional $50-75 pushing retail near or over $300 a pop, but they will lose a lot of customers. Collector's already balk at the ~ $250 price range.

:lol

Howard had mentioned in an interview the only plans for dc were the Mk 3 (and what was already announced obv). Whether it's cost prohibitive or not for HT to use DC for the remainder of their IM releases is anyone's guess. Sure, they could make them all DC and charge and additional $50-75 pushing retail near or over $300 a pop, but they will lose a lot of customers. Collector's already balk at the ~ $250 price range.

That's why select armors are getting the DC treatment and just about all of the HPP ones, except for possibly Hot Rod, are not.

I like the diecast but I don't love it. If it shaves $50 off the price, lets move back to plastic that they were using. Its a cool idea but maybe just use it for the special releases or just those pesky joints that break. Maybe they could do a hybrid??

I like the diecast but I don't love it. If it shaves $50 off the price, lets move back to plastic that they were using. Its a cool idea but maybe just use it for the special releases or just those pesky joints that break. Maybe they could do a hybrid??

They are technically a hybrid, because only about half of the figure is DC. Even then, it doubles the weight of the figure. Some collectors swear that once you go DC, you don't want to go back.

There was also an interview and preview where they mentioned other armies may be the DC treatment. If mk3 DC does well they will make others. If it does not they won't. Since they are now doing accessory packs they could keep the figure release to a few extra parts and then sell a secondary pack with BD parts and extra helmets, either for one armor or multiple armors. That would cut costs while still allowing expanded looks.

I can't really say if I like diecast better because the only Iron Man armors I have are the Mark XLII and Iron Patriot. They seem well built to me but certain aspects I don't love such as the way the legs extend and putting them back in place. I also feel like they're sort of delicate especially around the arms but you have to be careful with any 1/6th figure so maybe it's just because I feel the need to be extra cautious.

I can't really say if I like diecast better because the only Iron Man armors I have are the Mark XLII and Iron Patriot. They seem well built to me but certain aspects I don't love such as the way the legs extend and putting them back in place. I also feel like they're sort of delicate especially around the arms but you have to be careful with any 1/6th figure so maybe it's just because I feel the need to be extra cautious.

They also don't do flight poses very well, because of the added weight.

I don't think diecast is that much superior at all. Look at Silver Centurion. I think its a beautifully done figure and surpasses the Mark 42 in some areas.

I don't think diecast is that much superior at all. Look at Silver Centurion. I think its a beautifully done figure and surpasses the Mark 42 in some areas.

For some people like me it's a mental thing. I like the weight and knowing it is made in part from metal.

Incidentally the die casting process is more expensive on the production level and it is not proportional to the price difference of the average plastic figure compared to the average die cast figure, so in some ways you're getting more for your money.

Some pics of Bones at STGCC.
15173384622_7944c17fdc_b.jpg

15173384512_36cfda759d_b.jpg

15150735206_3ce38a7dde_b.jpg

15173385272_a15f56810d_b.jpg

We're already getting Mark 43 (I think that's what they're calling it) a HulkBuster and possibly another armor for a final battle scene. The first and third armors could be done in diecast as could Ultron.

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me about Hulk Buster..., I don't know how I could've forgotten about that one, I mean it's certainly big enough. lol ;)

Back