Hot Toys Iron Man 3 MMS 1/6 "Bones" (Mark XLI) - MMS251

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At first when I saw the price of this & found out it wasn't diecast, my immediate reaction was 'they can keep it at that price!' But when you look at all of the detailing on this suit plus take into account the magnets for separation on this figure, I understood where the extra money was coming from. I'm not saying I'm happy about the higher costs though, I have preordered it though.

At first when I saw the price of this & found out it wasn't diecast, my immediate reaction was 'they can keep it at that price!' But when you look at all of the detailing on this suit plus take into account the magnets for separation on this figure, I understood where the extra money was coming from. I'm not saying I'm happy about the higher costs though, I have preordered it though.

Good on you, this could be one of those figures that goes for a lot of coin in a few years.

Good on you, this could be one of those figures that goes for a lot of coin in a few years.

That's got me wondering, is there a Hot Toys Iron Man figure that sells for less than it's original price? They all seem pretty expensive on eBay although I am pondering on a mark IV as it's only £170.00.

That's got me wondering, is there a Hot Toys Iron Man figure that sells for less than it's original price? They all seem pretty expensive on eBay although I am pondering on a mark IV as it's only £170.00.

Maybe the PPS Mk 42 and Mk 3, and I've seen a few DC WM Mk 2's slightly under retail.

Isn't it even more of a hassle to tape all those little rivets, wires, and silver details? Its so small. For the biggest gold filligree I get, but those in between.....

Modellers use a technique called "reverse wash". I used it for painting small details. For example on Bones. I would paint everything gold. Then use a very thinned black paint for the individual parts. Then use thinner and a q-tip to wipe away the black off the gold. Google and youtube has great vids on it.

Modellers use a technique called "reverse wash". I used it for painting small details. For example on Bones. I would paint everything gold. Then use a very thinned black paint for the individual parts. Then use thinner and a q-tip to wipe away the black off the gold. Google and youtube has great vids on it.
The more you learn....

Very cool. Gosh I wish I knew how to paint. Never have the time to learn it though. So many of my stuff could use a little touch up.

Wow, those pix from stgcc just convinced me to order!!! The detail is nice.

Yes very tempting, but this is one of those stick around for a while armors, like Starboost and Heartbreaker, so I'm in no hurry to place my order, and I'm still not happy about the price

Yes very tempting, but this is one of those stick around for a while armors, like Starboost and Heartbreaker, so I'm in no hurry to place my order, and I'm still not happy about the price

I thought this one was diecast when I saw the price..., the magnets are probably part of the reason why it costs more I expect, that & the more involved detailing.

Somehow, even with the increased prices on these figures, I keep POing. All the while knowing that the prices will go down eventually. For some odd reason, none of the figures that came out in 2014 have raised in value. I should probably stop POing, but I love the anticipation and updates that we get from the forums.

Is that weird?

Somehow, even with the increased prices on these figures, I keep POing. All the while knowing that the prices will go down eventually. For some odd reason, none of the figures that came out in 2014 have raised in value. I should probably stop POing, but I love the anticipation and updates that we get from the forums.

Is that weird?

Python came out in 2014 and that's raised in value already.

I expect slight price increases but my product standards has increased as well. HT IM is generally a top notch (and complex) product so I don't mind paying $225-$300 for new releases.

But, I'm not paying $225+ for figs like Spidey or Deadpool unless it's dead on accurate and comes with a ton of extras, they're easily $160-180 figs imo.

Is that weird?

I'd give it some time. Figures that are still readily available won't command crazy money, but in a few years, after it's sold out, who knows?

Some guys like to PO early and guarantee they'll get a figure, some like to wait for a coupon code.

As long as you dont buy with the intention of making money on it youll be fine. if you get into this game to flip, theres simply going to be flops, and if youre sitting on money tied up in a flop, the profits from earlier flips are useless

Python came out in 2014 and that's raised in value already.

I expect slight price increases but my product standards has increased as well. HT IM is generally a top notch (and complex) product so I don't mind paying $225-$300 for new releases.

But, I'm not paying $225+ for figs like Spidey or Deadpool unless it's dead on accurate and comes with a ton of extras, they're easily $160-180 figs imo.
Python is an exclusive. Exclusives don't really go down in price. Especially IM ones.
I'd give it some time. Figures that are still readily available won't command crazy money, but in a few years, after it's sold out, who knows?

Some guys like to PO early and guarantee they'll get a figure, some like to wait for a coupon code.
Yeah, well Snake Eyes was hella expensive when it came out. And now it's uber cheap on the secondary markets. But of course, not all the figures are like that. I got into the hobby a little late. How was the market for early IM figs? Leonidas? Blade?
As long as you dont buy with the intention of making money on it youll be fine. if you get into this game to flip, theres simply going to be flops, and if youre sitting on money tied up in a flop, the profits from earlier flips are useless
I don't buy to flip, but the fact that you see figures you bought for $230 now sells for $180 is a little painful, knowing that if you only waited a little more, you could save a ton of money and use it for the next figure. I usually sell my stuff for cheap, in hoping that the buyer would appreciate it more than I do, but alas, not everyone can keep it up with all our space and financial restrictions.

I don't buy to flip, but the fact that you see figures you bought for $230 now sells for $180 is a little painful, knowing that if you only waited a little more, you could save a ton of money and use it for the next figure. I usually sell my stuff for cheap, in hoping that the buyer would appreciate it more than I do, but alas, not everyone can keep it up with all our space and financial restrictions.

Oh sorry man, wasnt meaning to direct that rant specifically at you, and I see what you mean

Oh sorry man, wasnt meaning to direct that rant specifically at you, and I see what you mean
Hahahah nah no worries. I wasn't offended. Was just saying it as-a-matter-of-factly kind of tone. Reading replies on the internet can be interpreted in a million different ways without clarification. So yeah.

Python is an exclusive. Exclusives don't really go down in price. Especially IM ones.

IM does well generally, but it's not completely true all exclusives go up in value. 2013 Toy Fair Exclusives Star Spangled Cap, GI Joe Joe Colton and Superman 3 Evil version all can be found under retail.

IM does well generally, but it's not completely true all exclusives go up in value. 2013 Toy Fair Exclusives Star Spangled Cap, GI Joe Joe Colton and Superman 3 Evil version all can be found under retail.

Last year's exclusives were unusually lame.

Chrono, if you're interested, you can always check out collectht.com to track every one of HT's releases and how they've done on eBay/the secondary market over the past year.

Back