Hot Toys Iron Man 3 MMS 1/6 "Bones" (Mark XLI) - MMS251

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are technically a hybrid, because only about half of the figure is DC. Even then, it doubles the weight of the figure. Some collectors swear that once you go DC, you don't want to go back.

I'd certainly only want diecast figures if they were available..., just personal preference really though as diecast feels (or maybe just seems) better quality to me. :)

Some pics of Bones at STGCC.
15173384622_7944c17fdc_b.jpg

15173384512_36cfda759d_b.jpg

15150735206_3ce38a7dde_b.jpg

15173385272_a15f56810d_b.jpg

The suit looks awesome, great pictures..., if I hadn't of made my mind up already & preordered it, seeing these would've certainly done it I'm sure. :)

Is it just me or does everyone else hope Hot Toys stick with the exclusive box style for the house protocol figures like Midas, python and peacemaker? I just think the color schemes from bones, starboost/Gemini etc would look fantastic.

I'm not fussed on what they do with the boxes myself, yes some have been impressive but as I stick them up in the attic..., it's not something I give much thought to once I've got the figure out of the box. :)

I like to display them in what I call the dead space above my cabinets. The space that could fit a figure but the dust gets to it so I find the box is a really perfect substitute. :)

Is it just me or does everyone else hope Hot Toys stick with the exclusive box style for the house protocol figures like Midas, python and peacemaker? I just think the color schemes from bones, starboost/Gemini etc would look fantastic.
The exclusive box styles should have been done for IM3 armors. It'd be amazing to display them like the Avengers box.

I'd certainly only want diecast figures if they were available..., just personal preference really though as diecast feels (or maybe just seems) better quality to me. :)

Well, no such figures exist. Play Imaginative makes or is trying to make 1/4-, 1/6- and 1/12-scale IM figures. The 12-inch figures, I believe, are about 88 percent diecast, which is higher than HT's percentage, but still not 100 percent.

PI has been plagued by a host of problems. 1) production totals aren't as high as Hot Toys and PI has had problems meeting schedules and deadlines, 2) they're only readily available in certain markets, like Malaysia, 3) they're even more expensive than HT and 4) their QC is even worse than HT.

If you want to see a review of a PI Iron Man, look up Shartimus Prime on YouTube. He tried to switch on the Hall of Armor and it wouldn't light up.

Well, no such figures exist. Play Imaginative makes or is trying to make 1/4-, 1/6- and 1/12-scale IM figures. The 12-inch figures, I believe, are about 88 percent diecast, which is higher than HT's percentage, but still not 100 percent.

PI has been plagued by a host of problems. 1) production totals aren't as high as Hot Toys and PI has had problems meeting schedules and deadlines, 2) they're only readily available in certain markets, like Malaysia, 3) they're even more expensive than HT and 4) their QC is even worse than HT.

If you want to see a review of a PI Iron Man, look up Shartimus Prime on YouTube. He tried to switch on the Hall of Armor and it wouldn't light up.

Agreed. Diecast with poseable limbs are bound to have issues.

I don't think any of the figures can really be totally metal, well not posable figures anyway..., there will alway be a need for some plastic. I'm happy with how the diecast War Machine & Iron Patriot turned out so I'd say what Hot Toys is doing, works. :)

Oohhh....I'm loving that gold now. I wonder how stressful it is to paint this guy without any paint slops.

Masking tape goes a long way my friend

Sent from Le iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free
Isn't it even more of a hassle to tape all those little rivets, wires, and silver details? Its so small. For the biggest gold filligree I get, but those in between.....

You have to figure why they take forever to release, I always had the notion that Hot Toys are hand built and painted XD

Back