Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXXIX / Starboost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me starboost is one of the best figures period. The only thing that doesn't make it tops for me is the screen time. But I think just pure looks this guy is top notch.

Would you guys rather get Starboost or the Mark 42? I can only afford one right now.

Depends on what you value. And what you are looking for. If you ask ten people you are going to get 10 reasons why they like this one or that one.

What is it you want in a figure? What is important to you?

I like starboost more then the 42, but I can see why someone would prefer the more iconic main movie armor. Or Diecast over plastic. Or a hundred other things. Hard to know which one works for you without knowing what you like.

I've already got the 42, and waiting on starboost to clear the LA dock mess as its ordered and just needs the final flex payment.

Just po'ed this bastard through BBTS. My main concern was that it was light blue and I didn't like the color scheme. I saw a review of the fig on youtube and noticed it's white and it looks pretty cool. What's the big concern anyway? I'm getting my tax refund next month. That should cover the fig.

Collectibles Direct & Forbidden Planet both say that it's basically to maximise sales directly through Sideshow's website, they know people don't like to wait & many will be willing to spend the extra to get the figure or whatever, that much sooner (neither retailer said this was a bad thing or in a negative way, they said it's basically just good business sense).

Unfortunately Forbidden Planet (.com) don't help matters, by frequently taking more pre-orders than they fulfill from their first batch of deliveries.

This has become such a regular feature of my experience with them (with no explanation, or new delivery date supplied, when my order is not processed), that I frequently end-up buying direct from Sideshow anyway.. FP just did it again with the Wolfpack Clone Trooper, 104th Battalion: Delivery date arrived.. figure was listed as in stock.. no delivery.. figure now listed as out of stock.. no explanation.. pre-order still listed as 'processing'.

A couple of peeps on the forum have pointed out in the past, that this may be due to short-shipping by Amerang (the 'trade only' official distributor for the UK).
However if customers pre-order a figure in July 2014, yet FP cannot even be bothered to contact those pre-order customers with a generic new delivery date email, when they list the figure as out of stock, then frankly FP have no-one to blame but themselves, when customers start ordering direct.

This is especially true since FP do not even allocate all of the initial 'limited' stock to pre-orders.. some figures go to their online and retail stores..the figure is thus generally available for a couple of days to buy 'in store'.. so customers only find out their pre-order will not be honoured, when FP change the listing from 'in stock', to 'sold out'..in other words another customer could buy the figure 'on arrival' and get priority over existing pre-orders, simply by playing 'stock allocation roulette'.

I will almost certainly buy Starboost/Gemini from Sideshow direct.. since if FP failed to fulfill a straightforward pre-order like the Wolfpack Clone Trooper, I do not trust them to fulfill my pre-order for Starboost, listed as 'sold out to pre-order' for many months on the FP(.com) website.

Unfortunately Forbidden Planet (.com) don't help matters, by frequently taking more pre-orders than they fulfill from their first batch of deliveries.

This has become such a regular feature of my experience with them (with no explanation, or new delivery date supplied, when my order is not processed), that I frequently end-up buying direct from Sideshow anyway.. FP just did it again with the Wolfpack Clone Trooper, 104th Battalion: Delivery date arrived.. figure was listed as in stock.. no delivery.. figure now listed as out of stock.. no explanation.. pre-order still listed as 'processing'.

A couple of peeps on the forum have pointed out in the past, that this may be due to short-shipping by Amerang (the 'trade only' official distributor for the UK).
However if customers pre-order a figure in July 2014, yet FP cannot even be bothered to contact those pre-order customers with a generic new delivery date email, when they list the figure as out of stock, then frankly FP have no-one to blame but themselves, when customers start ordering direct.

This is especially true since FP do not even allocate all of the initial 'limited' stock to pre-orders.. some figures go to their online and retail stores..the figure is thus generally available for a couple of days to buy 'in store'.. so customers only find out their pre-order will not be honoured, when FP change the listing from 'in stock', to 'sold out'..in other words another customer could buy the figure 'on arrival' and get priority over existing pre-orders, simply by playing 'stock allocation roulette'.

I will almost certainly buy Starboost/Gemini from Sideshow direct.. since if FP failed to fulfill a straightforward pre-order like the Wolfpack Clone Trooper, I do not trust them to fulfill my pre-order for Starboost, listed as 'sold out to pre-order' for many months on the FP(.com) website.

I stopped ordering from Forbidden Planet for the same reasons & now use Collectibles Direct, Order Sixty Six Toys, Direct Collectibles & the newest one on my radar is here on the forum, Movie Figures (.co.uk)..., the only items I buy direct are the exclusives or if there's a standard version & the exclusive release looks to be worth while then I'll get that (like the new R2-D2 figure).

hey guys, reading through the thread, any fellow collectors worrying the white finishing will turn yellow over time? it does look fantastic, but the possibility of the white finishing turning yellow worries me!

Anything white can yellow over time. But I don't think its a big chance. I would say that it's not something to worry about. Look at it this way, in thirty pages of someone quotes you as saying its a reason they wouldn't buy becuase you where worried it would turn yellow what would you say? Is it based on any actual evidence?

I've got a ton of white figures, statues, busts & maquettes..., well over 100 easy & only 1 of those has yellowed but that turned up like it so it's not something that happened in my care. Obviously keep it out of direct sun light & not in an overly warm environment..., as long as your looking after your collectibles that's the main thing. :)

Its likely that this figure will have a light gloss coated over the white portions like the other Iron Man figures do. That should help prevent yellowing.

Now if you leave the figure sitting in the sun all day...well....that's another story.

When this figure arrives it's party time!

tumblr_nigittq6T51qcbo9lo1_400.gif

Back