Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXXIX / Starboost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the suit, but Starboost is such a juvenile name. Gemini was classy, sad to see it officially changed.

I'm still on the fence about Igor, and this might just take it's place!

I'd say this looks better than Igor, but then again I've never been fond on Igor's design. Saves my wallet me thinks:yess:

Re: Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXXIX / Gemini

Looks fugly. Glad I'm not a completist. There are so many nicer IM armors.
Agreed. Doesn't do a thing for me. Really dislike the textured black pieces. Pretty steep price, though I guess a 'bargain' compared to a repaint like Midas.

This will be over $300 (after shipping, or brokerage fees, or import fees, or currency exchange) for most collectors. That's nuts, man! I know people ***** about prices while others shrug it off but come on... I think it's time we ALL admit that $300 bucks (plus at the rate they make these figures now days)is too much.

Well the Starboost suit is already pre sold out on BBTS....guess the number of pre orders they get is pretty low for it to pre sell out in less than 3hrs

This will be over $300 (after shipping, or brokerage fees, or import fees, or currency exchange) for most collectors. That's nuts, man! I know people ***** about prices while others shrug it off but come on... I think it's time we ALL admit that $300 bucks (plus at the rate they make these figures now days)is too much.

Agreed, but like others stated this has been a long time coming. HT recognizes people will shell out double this for their figures so why shouldn't they be the ones making the money since it's their product.

Very surprised people dislike the textured part of this suit, I think it looks pretty amazing.

I like it, but the Mark VII came in at $250 with a load of interchangeable parts and a Stark sculpt. $270 for this is kinda nuts.

Agreed, but like others stated this has been a long time coming. HT recognizes people will shell out double this for their figures so why shouldn't they be the ones making the money since it's their product.

Very surprised people dislike the textured part of this suit, I think it looks pretty amazing.
Yeah, just don't care for it. Only part of the suit I like are the boosters on his shoulders/back. Those do look pretty cool and the light-up effect is pretty nice.

In regards to price, I wonder how much really is HT taking their cut of the secondary market and how much is new tooling, casts and maybe a smaller run. Fact that BBTS sold out of their pre-order allotment so fast suggests to me a pretty small run for these. Will be interesting to see how long it takes for SSC to go waitlist.

What the second mask for? I can barely see it on my phone.
Yeah not sure I really get the point of the two face plates either. It says one is all gold and the other has transparent eye slots. Don't all the Iron Man figures have transparent eye slots to begin with for the light up feature?

Yeah not sure I really get the point of the two face plates either. It says one is all gold and the other has transparent eye slots. Don't all the Iron Man figures have transparent eye slots to begin with for the light up feature?

Yeah, all the normal masks have clear eyes. The 'all gold' mask is for when the eye slits are covered for flying in space.

I think with the solid gold mask they were referencing astronaut helmet face shields. Whereas the one with eye slots is your more traditional IM look.

Yeah, all the normal masks have clear eyes. The 'all gold' mask is for when the eye slits are covered for flying in space.
^^^

In promotional pics the gemini armor had no slits in the eyes for the lights to come through. So that's why there's two options.

iron-man-3-deep-space-pci3127-4581.jpg

Why isn't this posted on any of the Hot Toys Facebook sites? Usually up there before pre orders.

Was not expecting an email for this guy. I'm pleasantly surprised, wish he was under 250 but I kinda expected this.

Wonder why there weren't any shots with the booster pack off? Would like to see what it looks like without it.

Wow, looking badass. Starboost and Centurion are definitely my favorites from the IM3 armors.

Wish this would've had a detachable back pack similar to the 1/4 PI version...

Back