Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXXIX / Starboost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXXIX / Gemini

My last armor from this movie will be Silver Centurion. I never really liked the look of this one to be honest and $270 makes it an even easier decision. I'll get a re-do of Mark III from Iron Man 1 if they ever get to it and that'll be it for my Iron Man collection, I think.

Wow, what a surprise... I was much more interested in this suit when the movie came out, but that was half a year ago...

The price is pretty ridiculous too... At $270, I thought it was diecast. Compared to Heartbreaker or Silver Centurion, this is was more for the same amount. This is pretty much following the Midas pricing with the same stand, amount of hands. But Midas was an exclusive and came with swappable parts...

I don't know, the backpack and design is cool. The light-up on the helmet looks a little weird... At this price, I probably won't pick it up. But as it gets closer to release... I may change my mind...

By the end of the year, the standard price for a regular figure will be $300. Getting out of hand. :(

It is really weird that there is no NRD on this one. Maybe SSC is throwing a price out there to see if we bite.

Agreed about the helmet, I don't like the look. The figure looks phenomenal but offers nothing in the accessory department. This set is easily $50 over priced.

$269.99 for something that was on screen for less than 10 seconds,then blown up?
Fail
Easy Pass
Bring on the next STAR WARS figure

Last edited:

i bet all those passing on this will regret it when this armor makes an appearence in Gaurdians of the Galaxy. ;)

So we get the flexible pillar but the stand doesn't light up again?

Cheap azz Hot Toys.....

Unless GoG sucks. haha.

But seriously, that's some ugly armor for $300 shipped.

i bet all those passing on this will regret it when this armor makes an appearence in Gaurdians of the Galaxy. ;)

I'll get it once it has the eventual GOTG colors because you know they'll add highlights to make it specific to that film:wink1:

Something about the way the copper, white, and textured black come together make it look cheap.. like its a figarts or whatever.

I'll get it once it has the eventual GOTG colors because you know they'll add highlights to make it specific to that film:wink1:

:lol I don't think we'll be seeing a variant of this suit but you never know.

Or just wait for when this figure comes close to releasing. :lol The hype always sways people into buying it.

I'd rather have two Silver cents :D

Well hologram was pretty bang on after all, just ordered mine from my LCS. Its a bit steep for a barebones release, so I cancelled some more crap :lol

And ill add that this is an all new engineered original piece and its STILL cheaper than midas

Back