Hot Toys - Iron Man 2: Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<I>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_666 View Post

Skin tight and it doesn't look "silly" or "unflattering" in the least.

Ha ha!!! That's what I was thinking also. I've done a couple of customs and that's the problem with those really tight outfits, you start seeing the balls joints and stuff.

Sure people are entitled to their opinions but the problem is when the opinions start to sound like whining.

The guy above posted some of the successful sculps that HT has done which includes wolverine and I remember reading a lot of whining on that thread how it doesnt look like hugh jackman. In fact, my favorite post was when someone posted different pictures of hugh jackman and in each of the pic, Hugh looks different so he says look...even Hugh Jackman doesnt look like Hugh Jackman.:lol

I don't think that their line of thinking at all. GIven the level of competition out there, it doesn't make sence that they rely on their name over product.

As for the likeness issues, well I do think you are in the minority there. Folks are loving Leonidas, Arnie, Blade and Wolverine. Especially the first two, which have pretty decent likeness if you ask me....and the thousands of others whom you could also ask!

:dunno

I have no issues with Leonidas, Arnie, Blade, Wolverine, and a few others. They are fantastic figures! It's just that the figures I'm interested in are always a letdown such as Sheva and the upcoming Jill figure. For Scarlet, I have no problem with the likeness like many here, it's just the material on the jumpsuit. Down the line, do I have to worry about the material breaking down.

Okay my wife wants this, I'm getting the cheap, barbie blow up doll, too big of head, loose clothing, not dark enough eyes, baseball in each pocket, frizzy hair, and wrong gunz version because it's labeled "Hot Toys". :goodpost: :exactly:

The cheap, barbie blow up doll, too big of head, loose clothing, not dark enough eyes, baseball in each pocket, frizzy hair, and wrong gunz version was a cover. The truth is Ski's wife is a brand junkie, simply buying because of the Hot Toys label. :yess:

Okay my wife wants this, I'm getting the cheap, barbie blow up doll, too big of head, loose clothing, not dark enough eyes, baseball in each pocket, frizzy hair, and wrong gunz version because it's labeled "Hot Toys". :goodpost: :exactly:

:lol:rotfl:lol Awesome!!

She looks like a Realdoll. Look 'em up. Eek.

I would...and if this HT figure were a real doll I also would! There I said it.

I'm thinking of buying this to maybe use as Rachel Dawes from Batman Begins since HT will never make either Katie Holmes or Maggie Gyllenhal (sp?). I'll just pretend she was actually played by Scarjo...and wore a catsuit. Well seriously I might pick up more normal clothes for her later if they become available. So...might get it.

:thud: I guess that means your not getting her.

I haven't decided yet if I will purchase. If I elect to pass, it isn't because of any glaring defects with the figure. IMO it is a decent representation.

I won't own 16 IM figures therefore she would be eliminated by default if I like other figures better.

I think hot toys is pushing out these preview shots way too fast. If you look at Black Widow figure, she looks nothing like Scarlett Johansson.

ok... but compare to what they have done with Arnold, Brad pitt and even bale.... their faces all look extremely dead on.

I think she looks dead-on too. Some of this is just in the eye of the beholder. I think she looks AMAZINGLY like her.

ok... but compare to what they have done with Arnold, Brad pitt and even bale.... their faces all look extremely dead on.

Consider HT hasn't produced many female characters over the years like they have their male counterparts. Beyond their generic TT this is the 4th (I believe) recent female sculpt and IMO is leaps and bounds better than the previous three.

Okay my wife wants this, I'm getting the barbie blow up doll, too big of head, loose clothing, not dark enough eyes, frizzy hair, and wrong gunz version. :goodpost: :exactly:

My wife doesn't want this, so I'm getting the barbie blow up doll, too big of head, loose clothing, not dark enough eyes, frizzy hair, and wrong gunz version for myself.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

2. Posted this before from a customizer on here. Kato.E

cimg1805j.jpg

Skin tight and it doesn't look "silly" or "unflattering" in the least.

And some people disagree and have an opposite opinion that HT didn't nail it. And they're voicing THEIR opinions. Why is that a problem?
That is an amazing piece of work though!

ok...i see what your saying, i think this figs issue is the expression on her face, thats throwing the likeness off....it's pretty damn good imo.

Looks terrible to me, you can see the ball joints where the hips meet the legs, unless he's got a baseball in each pocket.

Ha ha!!! That's what I was thinking also. I've done a couple of customs and that's the problem with those really tight outfits, you start seeing the balls joints and stuff.

You guys do realize the female truetypes (even these new versions used for Black Widow and Jill Valentine) don't have the same shape around the hips as the male truetypes, right? :duh

343779907_o.jpg

09dec14_body2_1.jpg

20091126_41d2153d4e9fb7fbc642PvxgK9RCeUWp.jpg

20100419b4d915d85d62e72.jpg

20090420_b966473f8825be03efebMDL2p19YT0oL.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

Back