Hot Toys - Iron Man 2: Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it, I will be buying this; however I have a more important question: WHY DO PEOPLE CALL HER SCARJO????

Since when did she get such an ugly nickname?

Luis

it's just the beginning parts of her first and last name thrown together to make one

The likeness here is pretty good. Not perfect, but in some shots it looks fantastic. My only gripe is that the hair should be darker and more of a brunette color :(. That's about it, though.

Jeez Darkseed. :panic: :thud: Impressive

Thanks, I often think I am nuts. :cuckoo:

I am in scale down mode, I have a nice media room dedicated to my collection. I don't want my collection to overwhelm the room but rather compliment it. It will be tough to wait and be selective rather than buy because I like. IM2 figures are putting me to the test.

Thanks, I often think I am nuts. :cuckoo:

I am in scale down mode, I have a nice media room dedicated to my collection. I don't want my collection to overwhelm the room but rather compliment it. It will be tough to wait and be selective rather than buy because I like. IM2 figures are putting me to the test.

Darkseed you are nuts... but you are a true collector. :lol Are you getting all the IM 2 figures? All 23 of them. :rotfl

Scarlett isn't the best speller (look it up), singer (look it up), or actress (watch her movies), but she's hot.

Hell yeah.

Why do people post stills from the movie and react like "Hey Hot Toys, here is what your toy should look like, dumbasses!"

This is a sculpt of a real person, a glorified doll. You are never going to get it to look like a real life mini-person. Even if you do nail down a close sculpt then you have the challenges of the paint-op, and on top of that lighting will play differently off of skin versus rubber or plastic.

If they make her mouth open more, then you get the sex doll comments, if its closed all the way, you get the comments that she's too serious. Keep in mind that the company probably meets on these things in depth, discussing all posibilities and ultimately goes with an educated decision that works for the piece.

Then if you sculpt her hair as long as it is, they head will be unable to turn. Lastly on her outfit, if you make the material too thin, it poses 2 potential problems:
1) The material is so thin it wears thin in spots where it's been posed a lot, or where fanboys are rubbing it over and over.
2) If the material is too thin, it hugs the unflattering parts of the true-type doll that look silly when it's nude, like where the ball joints of the legs plug into the hips. The thicker material helps smooth the figure out more.

My opinion is only my opinion but I think HT nailed this one, and I applaud them for being pioneers in this field and trying things that are risky in the pursuit of making more realistic and fun collectibles.

:clap

Oh I don't know, maybe because Hot Toys uses those SAME stills, promo pics, etc. when they sculpt and make these figures. So when something is off, missing, inaccurate it makes it hard to fathom since they're looking at the same exact pics as us. Case in point: When HT made the v.1 Joker there's a WIP picture where you could see the prototype (with numerous flaws) standing right IN FRONT of an actual promo pic of The Joker.

Complete and utter BS. This is hands down the weakest argument and I see it over and over again. It makes absolutely no sense. HT and other companies HAVE nailed sculpts before and made their figures look like "a real life mini-person". Sometimes they come up short. It happens.

But to use that argument implies that HT (and other 1/6 scale companies) don't strive for that. Which is completely untrue. THAT'S what ALL 1/6 scale companies are attempting to do. ALL of them.

Do you honestly think HT told the sculptor "Hey Yulli remember, it doesn't have to look like a real life mini-person. It's just a glorified doll so just make it passable and it'll be fine."

NO.

It says right on the F'n specs:

It doesn't say:

"challenges of the paint-op"!? Are you serious? HT consistently has the best mass produced paint applications when it comes to 1/6 scale figures. That's not even an issue so it's irrelevant.

Agreed. But that has absolutely no bearing on whether or not a sculptor can make an accurate sculpt or not. That's has more to do with presentation like with pics. You really think lighting is making this sculpts gaping sex-doll mouth look as weird as it is!?

And in some cases, their guess is wrong and it doesn't work. It happens. So why defend that!? Do you work for HT? Do you own stock in their company?

1. The material HT is currently using already has problems. You can see stress lines on the suit already in every proto pic. Especially around the collar, arms and chest.

2. Posted this before from a customizer on here. Kato.E

cimg1805j.jpg

Skin tight and it doesn't look "silly" or "unflattering" in the least.

And some people disagree and have an opposite opinion that HT didn't nail it. And they're voicing THEIR opinions. Why is that a problem?

i've heard the same bs excuses repeated over and over to defend less than superb ht figures. pwned by Devil_666, i'd say. and yes, that suit on scofield still looks better than the one used for black widow. would prefer spandex myself though, like josh had said.

i've heard the same bs excuses repeated over and over to defend less than superb ht figures. pwned by Devil_666, i'd say. and yes, that suit on scofield still looks better than the one used for black widow.

I wouldn't. I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, but comparing a custom suit to a suit that needs to be mass manufactured just doesn't work. Also, I DO think it looks silly. Look how it hugs the weird ball joints on his thighs.

comparing a custom suit to a suit that needs to be mass manufactured just doesn't work.

:confused: No one is talking about the quality of work, we're talking about the material. So what, when something is mass produced that suddenly prevents material choice!? Laughable.

I DO think it looks silly. Look how it hugs the weird ball joints on his thighs.

Two other people already said the same exact thing. :slap

You guys do realize the female truetypes (even these new versions used for Black Widow and Jill Valentine) don't have the same shape around the hips as the male truetypes, right? :duh

343779907_o.jpg

09dec14_body2_1.jpg

20091126_41d2153d4e9fb7fbc642PvxgK9RCeUWp.jpg

20100419b4d915d85d62e72.jpg

20090420_b966473f8825be03efebMDL2p19YT0oL.jpg

Back