Hot Toys - Iron Man 2: Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do people post stills from the movie and react like "Hey Hot Toys, here is what your toy should look like, dumbasses!"

This is a sculpt of a real person, a glorified doll. You are never going to get it to look like a real life mini-person. Even if you do nail down a close sculpt then you have the challenges of the paint-op, and on top of that lighting will play differently off of skin versus rubber or plastic.

If they make her mouth open more, then you get the sex doll comments, if its closed all the way, you get the comments that she's too serious. Keep in mind that the company probably meets on these things in depth, discussing all posibilities and ultimately goes with an educated decision that works for the piece.

Then if you sculpt her hair as long as it is, they head will be unable to turn. Lastly on her outfit, if you make the material too thin, it poses 2 potential problems:
1) The material is so thin it wears thin in spots where it's been posed a lot, or where fanboys are rubbing it over and over.
2) If the material is too thin, it hugs the unflattering parts of the true-type doll that look silly when it's nude, like where the ball joints of the legs plug into the hips. The thicker material helps smooth the figure out more.

My opinion is only my opinion but I think HT nailed this one, and I applaud them for being pioneers in this field and trying things that are risky in the pursuit of making more realistic and fun collectibles.

:clap

I'm gonna needs to see more bewbs to make a decisions here.

mms124l.jpg

How do you feel about it now Starkiller?

Why do people post stills from the movie and react like "Hey Hot Toys, here is what your toy should look like, dumbasses!"

This is a sculpt of a real person, a glorified doll. You are never going to get it to look like a real life mini-person. Even if you do nail down a close sculpt then you have the challenges of the paint-op, and on top of that lighting will play differently off of skin versus rubber or plastic.

If they make her mouth open more, then you get the sex doll comments, if its closed all the way, you get the comments that she's too serious. Keep in mind that the company probably meets on these things in depth, discussing all posibilities and ultimately goes with an educated decision that works for the piece.

Then if you sculpt her hair as long as it is, they head will be unable to turn. Lastly on her outfit, if you make the material too thin, it poses 2 potential problems:
1) The material is so thin it wears thin in spots where it's been posed a lot, or where fanboys are rubbing it over and over.
2) If the material is too thin, it hugs the unflattering parts of the true-type doll that look silly when it's nude, like where the ball joints of the legs plug into the hips. The thicker material helps smooth the figure out more.

My opinion is only my opinion but I think HT nailed this one, and I applaud them for being pioneers in this field and trying things that are risky in the pursuit of making more realistic and fun collectibles.

I applaud your comment and also applaud HT!

Seriously, I think what people really want is clone mini-people. There's always going to be some artistic license in translating humans to figures. That's part of what makes them cool. This should be celebrated, not denigrated.

i think the neck is to thin for the body and head . Thats why it looks wierd

Head is too big for the body?

Did an overlay of the fig on a still and it matches up just fine so try again.
If the actress has an abnormal sized head, that's not Hot Toys fault.

scarlettjohanssonblackwidow2.jpg

Well it all depends on price point for me. I really like the figure so I want to get her but then I kind of feel mixed on buying Whiplash or not. I have him PO'd but I was waiting to make a decision after seeing the movie on both these figures.

However, I like what we've seen of the Widow enough to buy her. So then I'm kind of stuck at that I'll have passed on only one IM2 (so far) figure so why not just pony up and get the first wave?

:lol DAMN YOU HOT TOYS!

Head is too big for the body?

Did an overlay of the fig on a still and it matches up just fine so try again.
If the actress has an abnormal sized head, that's not Hot Toys fault.

scarlettjohanssonblackwidow2.jpg

I like that big pretty head. lol

:rotfl at the "Milk" banner plastered over her jugs...

No but seriously, I'm liking the newer pics I'm seeing, this one's not a definite pass for me anymore.

Thats why I posted it. It made me laugh.

Yup, POed this yesterday.

I'll prolly get the early release ones as well from ebay, depending on the in hand pics though :lol

:lol Awesome.

SOOOOOO getting this!!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/POXMf0u4-i0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/POXMf0u4-i0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Looks fantastic. :panic:

Back