Hot Toys - Iron Man 2: Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woo hoo.. I've just pre-ordered Black Widow and Mark IV..

Hmmm, a 1/6 Hot Toys Pepper Potts would be cool too..... But what accessories would she come with??? A mobile phone and a briefcase perhaps...hmmm..

I think if they made a Pepper Potts they could possibly add a really cool accessory to sweeten the deal. She should get stuff like a phone and a briefcase... but what if she also came with a half-Mark III rigged up like this...

new-ironman-4.jpg

OR, if they offered her with Stark with white shirt and glowing RT under his shirt... that could be very cool as well.

The more i look at this figure the more i like it. Wont preorder it but will def get it from SS or Ebay

If thats gonna be the price area for her I will be passing. While the figure looks good enough to place a PO and see what they might tweak the price will keep me away. I can get a GI Joe figure or another Iron Man figure for that.

I swear, I've just rolled my eyes through nearly 10 pages of this thread. For those of you who are afraid to buy this because it's a "Barbie" I have news for you: you collect DOLLS. Sorry to be the one to tell you. Get over it. Rooted hair doesn't suddenly make this a "girlie" toy anymore than the HT Planet of the Apes figs.

This sculpt, especially from certain angles, is SPOT-ON Scarjo. The "sex doll" comments are completely bizarre to me, especially if you've ever watched any of her performances. The slightly open lips look is one of her signature expressions. I can see why they went there. I feel it gives the sculpt more character, and actually helped sell the likeness to me. I definitely don't see that lifeless, vacant look that you normally get in a Real Doll or whatever.

And yeah, the Sideshow Jedi Luke figure still sports one of the best actor likenesses in my 1/6 collection. It perfectly captures the tension Luke feels throughout ROTJ. I can't believe people still bring that figure up as an example of a bad sculpt. Ridiculous.

You mean when she snorts a few lines then "auditions" for her parts by letting a producer have his way with her while she's stoned and numb? Fair point.

Oh, that's right. That's how attractive women get film roles. Especially a woman who's been in over 30 movies since she was 10. :banghead

Barbie Dolls, Action Figures or 1/6th scale collectibles whatever they are all toys. Why people quantify their toys is goofy :cuckoo:

I like calling mine "dollies" and rankling other toy geeks. :D

I'm on the fence about buying her. I like female figures fine, I have no "Barbie" stigma like some guys. In my mind, if anything, real men would have MORE female figures because it's fun to look at hot chicks, whether real or toy. Boobs boobs boobs, gimme boobs. She looks pretty good, but she should be so much more. It just doesn't quite look like ScarJo, (It's HT, it should pure radiate ScarJo) and her price may turn me off. I'm noticing HT's prices are creeping up this year, I may have to be much more selective, and back off a tad.

Now Tonner (as was mentioned earlier) b l e a u c h ! ! ! Creepy stuff. :horror

i think her cheek bones need to be slightly more fuller. They had that going for Silken Floss figure. SJ thinned down for this movie but her cheeks still has that distinctive look.

I think if they made a Pepper Potts they could possibly add a really cool accessory to sweeten the deal. She should get stuff like a phone and a briefcase... but what if she also came with a half-Mark III rigged up like this...

new-ironman-4.jpg

OR, if they offered her with Stark with white shirt and glowing RT under his shirt... that could be very cool as well.

Where is this picture from? Is it a deleted scene from the first movie? Sorry for the side track.

Back