Hot Toys - Inglourious Basterds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think an extra head might just happen. I doubt we'll see a V2 Aldo. It'll probably end up like Leonidas. The expressive sculpt is thrown in because there are no plans for a second version.

Sure hope so!

Then I can sell this head on evilbay. :D

My take is that maybe Pitt approved the sculpt and he may not have liked the smirk look to be one of his 1st official fig.

Just my 2p, 2c etc!

well I think so, HT MJ Thriller went to the Jackson estate for approval and as too the Enterbay Bruce lee from Enterbay.

I think actors has the final say, why do you think its so hard to get a Clint, Bruce, Tom, d i c k and Harry licence :) :)

I am guessing your probably right dude but what i dont understand is Pitt not approving it i mean thats the character and not him

Although I can't imagine Pitt would be opposed to the iconic expression of Aldo. It is after all his creation; I'm still thinking this is a 2nd sculpt and will be included for those that want to create a 2nd figure.

Don't forget there is always the Dragon alternative if you like figures that look like they were released 10 years ago...

4172309200_c5cfa05afb_o.jpg

Still I just can't see how a famous actor that is worth millions with cameras in his face 24/7 would give a damn about a toy sculpts expression.

There is no way.

I'm sure he (or they) has a special hired bunch of people that handle all of that stuff. Lawyers and merchandising people.

Just my opinion.

Does every single sculpt have to pass approval by the actor? I didn't think they cared about things like this.

I believe it probably depends on the terms of their contract for the film. So, if the actors are paid a portion of their contract for their likeness rights, only the studio would need to approve the figure (unless the consideration for the licensing included the retention of likeness approval by the actor).

I think with franchise films like Star Trek and Star Wars, you are paid to relinquish your likeness rights for related merchandise. But, smaller films--even a film like IB, might cut costs by not retaining likeness rights.

My guess that Brad Pitt's star power allowed him to be in a bargaining position where he could retain final approval as the condition for using his likeness.

Still I just can't see how a famous actor that is worth millions with cameras in his face 24/7 would give a damn about a toy sculpts expression.

There is no way.

I'm sure he (or they) has a special hired bunch of people that handle all of that stuff. Lawyers and merchandising people.

Just my opinion.

The reason they care about these things is because they stand to make a significant amount of money off of it if it does well. Actors are all about their image. Most of the things they do are calculated efforts to increase their visibility. I'm sure Brad has made enough money to never show up to another movie premiere or awards show, but it's part of the job. He is advised (by managers, etc.) to show his face and get as much free publicity from attending events, doing interviews and having toys created with their image.

Some actors don't care about these things and that's why they don't license their image. Others do. As you mentioned, actors do have teams that advise them, but at the end of the day, the actor has final approval over how their likeness is translated. I believe Christian Bale was directly involved with approval of the HT John Connor sculpt. He's a REALLY busy guy, but he still wanted to be involved with how his image was portrayed by a product seen by millions of people.

Star Wars is a big reason for the licensing of images. No one thought they could make money off of toys at the time, so most of the actors signed their likenesses away. When the Star Wars merchandise blew up, people realized that it was profitable and suddenly became interested in how their likenesses were used to market a film.

It's big business and that's why some actors do "give a damn about a toy sculpts expression. "

I really like how it turned out. Wonder if it comes with is trademark knife. Or as I hope with his uniform like in the first part of the movie.

Originally Posted by superado
I got the feeling that it may be cultural, in that Chinese sculptors prefer characterized expressions of iconic "international" subjects that are heroic, dignified and even poignant and anything done to the extreme may be toned as menacing or even angry Aldo's expression is no more menacing than that of the roaring leonidas head, which they did, so i don't think this is it.

Aldo's expression is no more menacing than that of the roaring leonidas head, which they did, so i don't think this is it.

But Leonidas' expression is "heroic" and not goofy like Aldo's, which is my point. Goofy is the line that they seem reluctant to cross when having to commit a likeness on a premium figure.

I really hope it won't be that long between showing the full specs and the preview. I'm interested in this, but want more photos and details.

I just picked up the movie on blu. I know once I see it again I'm going to want this figure even more than I already do.

I just picked up the movie on blu. I know once I see it again I'm going to want this figure even more than I already do.

That is exactly what happened to me... I picked up the blu this morning, watched it just now... and now I want to see the full specs and pics of Aldo really bad!!!! :rock :rock :rock

Come on HT, don't keep us waiting 4,5 months again!! :tap :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back