Hot Toys - Inglourious Basterds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hot toys must have messed up with that teaser picture in photoshop it looks grey and pale like he saw a ghost

I own dozens of hot toys, but.. this likeness is awful. It looks more to me like don vito corelone than Brad/Aldo with that awful expression. as always though, incredible paint apps.

I got the feeling that it may be cultural, in that Chinese sculptors prefer characterized expressions of iconic "international" subjects that are heroic, dignified and even poignant and anything done to the extreme may be toned as menacing or even angry, but not goofy or cartoony. I notice how hollywood blockbusters shown in other parts of the world take on a new level of reverence, and Aldo Raines is not seen as the clown that he is, but rather as the romanticized image of Brad Pitt.

HT should opt to forego the teaser image and just show the full lot of official pics when the time is ready. At least then there are enough angles and details on display for a fair critique.

It's nice to want things.

I got the feeling that it may be cultural, in that Chinese sculptors prefer characterized expressions of iconic "international" subjects that are heroic, dignified and even poignant and anything done to the extreme may be toned as menacing or even angry, but not goofy or cartoony. I notice how hollywood blockbusters shown in other parts of the world take on a new level of reverence, and Aldo Raines is not seen as the clown that he is, but rather as the romanticized image of Brad Pitt.

I agree that you might be onto something. It would explain alot between the different cultures, and there really isnt any other excuse when you have something SO diversely and personally iconic, with all the images they would have to go off, sometimes there is just no excuse for their weird decisions

I got the feeling that it may be cultural, in that Chinese sculptors prefer characterized expressions of iconic "international" subjects that are heroic, dignified and even poignant and anything done to the extreme may be toned as menacing or even angry

Aldo's expression is no more menacing than that of the roaring leonidas head, which they did, so i don't think this is it.

whats strange is Hot Toys actually used the image of Aldo frowning when they first announced the licence.

Also I think the camera angle is making his eyebrows look more arched than they really are

I'm actually leaning towards not getting this now, don't like the expression at all, but i'll fully decide when I see the whole thing.

i contacted hot toys and asked if there was going to be anymore figures for inglourious basterds besides aldo and their response was that they will pass on the idea for a basterds lineup to the product team. so looks like its just aldo :(

Come on guys! Let's have a little faith in HT. They ALWAYS deliver. I have no doubt that the final Aldo figure will be amazing!

i contacted hot toys and asked if there was going to be anymore figures for inglourious basterds besides aldo and their response was that they will pass on the idea for a basterds lineup to the product team. so looks like its just aldo :(

I always thought it would only be Aldo... I don't know why... I'm not sure if I'd even buy any other figs. Possibly Landa, but probably not.

Come on guys! Let's have a little faith in HT. They ALWAYS deliver. I have no doubt that the final Aldo figure will be amazing!

I sure hope so!!!

I hope we might see the full specs and pics tomorrow!!! :)

I own dozens of hot toys, but.. this likeness is awful. It looks more to me like don vito corelone than Brad/Aldo with that awful expression. as always though, incredible paint apps.

Wtf? Good thing you're not in charge of likeness operations. :lol

I'd be prepared to wait a bit longer... the time between the teaser image of Wolverine and specs was pretty long.

Hoping for an extra head and clothes set with this guy.

NEED them specs!!

I think an extra head might just happen. I doubt we'll see a V2 Aldo. It'll probably end up like Leonidas. The expressive sculpt is thrown in because there are no plans for a second version.

Give me that poster expression or even a slightly more serious expression ( with the mouth closed ) and I'll be happy !.

To me it makes no business sense to even include the teaser sculpt, nobody would choose to display that head if they were to give us the ''iconic'' look that we are all wanting. I just dont get why they would go to all that trouble when the teaser head would not be necessary

To me it makes no business sense to even include the teaser sculpt, nobody would choose to display that head if they were to give us the ''iconic'' look that we are all wanting. I just dont get why they would go to all that trouble when the teaser head would not be necessary

well as long as we do get the " iconic " look I'd rather have another sculpt that none. Ecspecially with it being Pitt . :D

well as long as we do get the " iconic " look I'd rather have another sculpt that none. Ecspecially with it being Pitt . :D

yeah dont get me wrong if we were to get both excellent i would definately look at bashing the teaser head into another pitt fig but business wise i just dont understand it thats why there is a part of me that worries that we wont get 2 heads just the teaser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back