Hot Toys - Inglourious Basterds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In talking about licenses and actor's likenesses there isn't an "across the board" situation with actors. For example Gary Oldman when he signed on to play Sirius Black had to sign the rights of his likeness away for the character to be used on merchandising. When he did Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, they never included merchandising rights for Gordon (they probably thought Gordon wouldn't be a huge money making draw that way) and so if a company want to make something using his likeness there they have to go to Oldman for permission as well as the movie studio, which a lot of actors say no. A lot of actors who do films that are likely to have toys and don't usually do them are quoted in saying how weird or creepy they think it is to have a figure of them roaming around.

With Basterds, there wasn't a money making merchandising machine running behind it so I'm betting HT has to go to Pitt or at least his representatives for approval but if Pitt for example was in the new Thor film like was rumored a while back he'd have no say because it'd surely be part of his contract.

Its a shame that not every movie gets an actors likeness rights to go with them. I believe Star Wars was one of the first to do that (or at least use it) but more and more films seem to be doing it. I'm guessing while Gary Oldman's contract didn't include using his likeness, Bale and Ledger's did. But then again they knew they would using their images for sure. Maybe for Batman 3 they will have Oldman's likeness worked out?

It will be interesting to see if this Pitt figure will lead to more officially licensed Pitt figures. Fight Club anyone?

Its a shame that not every movie gets an actors likeness rights to go with them. I believe Star Wars was one of the first to do that (or at least use it) but more and more films seem to be doing it. I'm guessing while Gary Oldman's contract didn't include using his likeness, Bale and Ledger's did. But then again they knew they would using their images for sure. Maybe for Batman 3 they will have Oldman's likeness worked out?

Nope. Oldman is one of those who won't sign off on his likeness rights, ever.

I got my fight club tyler already, so I'm not in any rush :lol

Bad news from Rainman... :monkey2

The shipment delayed a week.
So it will be shipped on Jan 30 to Feb 1.

You know there were lot of holidays (Christmas and New years... etc.) after the pre-ordering.
And cold weathers gave him many troubles.
It was the coldest in 100 years in Korea.

We are sorry to say that... :sick
He is doing his best.

please be patient!

How?

:confused:

How?

125x250_ib.jpg

Ok, that's a good photo. Now that I can abide.

Can you abide it, Utivich?

EDIT: Forgot to include the stuff from the newsletter/website. No new info, but here it is anyway:

Brad Pitt is a Basterd?

"Congratulations for the Inglourious Basterds movie which received four awards amid great applause in the 67th Annual Golden Globes ceremony!

Paying tribute to this award-winning movie, we are honored to present the life-like 1/6th Lt. Aldo Raine collectible figure now. Keeping fans long-awaited is because we have gone through detailed approval process which takes around three months more than other collectible figures. During the process, we have paid extra effort in order to make it most real-like to be presented to fans! Now it is finally available for preview!

Our highly detailed sculpture is also worth of attention. The facial expression, skin texture, detailed costumes and accessories make us difficult to tell the difference with the character in the movie!

While awaiting this must-have item, why don’t you take a look at the teaser now? Please stay tuned with us for update!
"

Last edited:
The full preview is looking good. No alternative sculpt, no tux though. I might pick this up depending on price. I think the head sculpt looks much better in the additional pictures HT put up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back